January Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes maybe right now. I think Kitts is going to be a pure wing and very similar to Olson in ‘24. Either one takes care of the 3 spot for 3-4 years. I would think they won’t get both. Just doing a little projection, I think Toomey is going to fill out and get stronger in the upper body over the next couple years and be able to handle a Brady type role. High/low threat. Not sure she’ll be quick enough to guard the perimeter but Kitts/Olson will be. Of course it’s just my vision of things, who knows what Auriemma’s thinking.
Couple of additional thoughts:
Paige is WNBA eligible in the spring of 2023. Should Paige choose to leave early Mikaylah Williams is best equipped to fill the enormous void that will be created by her departure. If Paige doesn't leave UCONN is still going to graduate 4 seniors in the spring of 2024.
Any one of Kitts, Booker or Mikaylah Williams would be ideal to be the SF not only are they quality offensive players they are all very good perimeter defenders.
I love the idea of Ice and C as the 4/5 dynamic duo but what becomes of Patterson? Could Patterson become that wing 3?
Wether it is Del Rosario or Cunningham they need to come ready to play on day one or have the patience of a saint because they will be among 5 players (DeBerry, Cunningham/Del Rosario Gabriel, Edwards, Patterson) competing for essentially backup minutes at the 4/5.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
All of the following have their games streamed live tonight.

Ayanna Patterson, KK Arnold, Ciera Toomey, Ashlynn Shade

Reaction Score
I maybe getting ahead of myself but I was browsing and saw something interesting regarding branding and NIL Stuff.

If Mikayla Williams & Ashlynn Shade both commit to Uconn.

Mikayla Williams Branding is “Twelve Island”
& Ashlynn Shade was wearing a 12 necklace the other day while at Gampel

Hopefully one of them is willing to part with their branding or switch up their #12 jersey to something else.

Reaction Score
Couple of additional thoughts:
Paige is WNBA eligible in the spring of 2023. Should Paige choose to leave early Mikaylah Williams is best equipped to fill the enormous void that will be created by her departure. If Paige doesn't leave UCONN is still going to graduate 4 seniors in the spring of 2024.
Any one of Kitts, Booker or Mikaylah Williams would be ideal to be the SF not only are they quality offensive players they are all very good perimeter defenders.
I love the idea of Ice and C as the 4/5 dynamic duo but what becomes of Patterson? Could Patterson become that wing 3?
Wether it is Del Rosario or Cunningham they need to come ready to play on day one or have the patience of a saint because they will be among 5 players (DeBerry, Cunningham/Del Rosario Gabriel, Edwards, Patterson) competing for essentially backup minutes at the 4/5.
On Williams, no question she's the best possible replacement. I just wonder how much of the home state savior line she's probably getting from Mulkey she's buying. Pre Mulkey I think she was gettable. Don't know now.
As for Patterson, if DeBerry develops into a real player, I could see a nice, multi-talented rotation of 5 mix and match bigs along with Brady, Toomey, and Edwards. If they all are good enough to earn PT there would be very little concern about foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Watching Toomey play tonight, she's really impressive.

I'd add that her team is extremely well coached. They play a bit like a HS version of UConn.
I agree and I've noticed that CT has very quick reactions to the ball and very good hands. Also has that ability to know where all her teammates are at all times. Just stuff you can't teach.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
From the 1/8 game:

2024 C 6’5 Blanca Thomas (Charlotte Catholic)

Blanca was fierce around the basket. She grabbed almost every rebound within reach and made finishing around the rim look easy. She also ran the floor extremely well which allowed for easy buckets in transition. Defensively she protected the basket well and made it extremely hard for the opposition to finish at the rim. Easily one of the top players in the state of North Carolina in any class. She finished with 21p, 13r, 5b.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/11

Imari Berry: 25 points

Blanca Thomas: 18 points

Roison Grandberry: 11 points, 6 rebounds

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sahara Williams missed Tuesday's game, but she was nominated for a weekly honor.

Sahara Williams, junior, Waterloo West girls basketball

Williams has been one of the top performers in the state this season and it has led to the Wahawks rising all the way up to No.3 in the 5A rankings. The returning first team All-State performer is averaging 21 points, 7.5 rebounds, four assists and 4.5 steals per game. The junior has received multiple Division I scholarship offers already with more on the way. Last week, she scored over 20 points in Wahawk victories over Waterloo East and Iowa City West. She was nominated by West head coach and athletic director Anthony Pappas, who said of her:

“She’s done a great job on both ends of the floor for us as the anchor of our defense and on the offensive end as well.”

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Katie Fiso, PG, Garfield: So smooth, so confident – might not be great scorer yet, but she is high-IQ playmaker and top defender.

Devin Coppinger, PG, Nooksack Valley: Lethal combination of power and skill, might be toughest guard in state to keep out of the paint.

Reaction Score
02911FEC-3F66-4C63-B6C8-0250563DA382.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member