Jana injured | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jana injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Reaction Score

This was reported on Facebook to be the translation of the press statement above.
It says that the UConn coach was in Spain attending the tournament from the beginning.
Jana is fortunate to be able to have the surgery arranged to be performed here so quickly.

361622126_10160773455029910_530664457424983839_n.jpg

Last edited:

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The 23-24 season ends in 8 1/2 months. Short of some kind of medical and recovery miracle, I don't see any chance she plays this season.
Agree, absolutely no way. I suspect that even if she miraculously "could" medically, there is no scenario in which Geno would do it.

Reaction Score
Guys, let's all relax. It's part of sports.. Jana hasn't played competitive basketball in maybe over a year. It was just a maucle spasm. Overall, injuries come with this game we love so much. Let's just keep on rooting for our team, regardless what happens in the future.
Never heard of a muscle spasm in that location. Dream on. Knowing the UCONN history, she is done for this year.

psconn

Reaction Score
I don't know if Bri Jones will be rehabbing in Connecticut or elsewhere, but Jana could have no better mentor than her. Hard worker and a very positive spirit. Noticeably improved every year she's been playing (including her 4 at Maryland). Would it violate anything if they worked together? Very similar injury.

My heart and best wishes are with both of them.

Reaction Score
Absolutely crushed for Jana and all of UConn Nation! Was so excited to see her this year especially after how great she has been playing in this tournament. When will this serious string of injuries end?

I wonder if Geno can find someone overseas like he did last year bringing in Ines after Paige got hurt. I know we have better depth this year, but wouldn't hurt to find another post in case god forbid we suffer another injury!

Reaction Score
I've looked into this situation carefully, and have reached the following conclusions:
1. It's not about the poor kid who got hurt.
2. It's about us, the fans, who are clearly being victimized!
3. Someone is to blame here (someone's ALWAYS to blame!)
4. I don't know who that someone is, but I'm gonna find out, dammit!
5. Stay tuned...I'll let you know what my investigation reveals soon!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't know if Bri Jones will be rehabbing in Connecticut or elsewhere, but Jana could have no better mentor than her. Hard worker and a very positive spirit. Noticeably improved every year she's been playing (including her 4 at Maryland). Would it violate anything if they worked together? Very similar injury.

My heart and best wishes are with both of them.
Absolutely would be okay but logistically tough. At the very least Jen may have Bri reach out and offer encouragement. I’m sure Stewie will do that.

Reaction Score
Guys, let's all relax. It's part of sports.. Jana hasn't played competitive basketball in maybe over a year. It was just a maucle spasm. Overall, injuries come with this game we love so much. Let's just keep on rooting for our team, regardless what happens in the future.
Muscle strain/sprain? How did you get this information anyway?

psconn

Reaction Score
Absolutely would be okay but logistically tough. At the very least Jen may have Bri reach out and offer encouragement. I’m sure Stewie will do that.
Hope so. Stewie and AT are great examples of how to recover from this awful situation. I'm betting Breezy Jones and Jana both will come back strong also.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
OK, the Gods are getting restless with us again. I think one of us has to sacrifice a goat or something.
It looks like Amari will have to help us this year. Before the injury, I didn't think her contribution was a critical think that we really needed. Wanted, but not overly needed.

Reaction Score
I believe the rule is that you have five years to play four seasons. So, Jana used up some of her time, but none of her eligibility.

Does that make sense?
The NCAA refers to it as Eligibility and Competition.

An athlete gets 5 years of eligibility that begins with first enrollment in college. Even if you miss a year for injury the eligibility clock keeps running.

An athlete get 4 years of competition that must be performed within that period of eligibility.

An athlete can request an extension to the period of eligibility for various reasons but no more than four years of competition.

People sometimes use "eligibility" when they actually mean "competition" which can lead to confusion.

Jana's eligibility clock started but she has not used any of her 4 years of competition.

Reaction Score
As an outsider, I agree. So many injuries for your players. Silcone injections are known to weaken ligaments/tendons and lead to tears later on. Could it be that in her case?
I don't know about silicone but that is true for steroids and some antibiotics.

Reaction Score
The only good I can make of this situation is that Jana might stick around for an additional year which will help with a front court that needs size and talent in future years......:(

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I don't know about silicone but that is true for steroids and some antibiotics.
Do you have any evidence that any of those substances were used? If not, these statements and this speculation are very, very irresponsible. That's how false rumors begin and can take on credence if repeated over time. Please stop.

Reaction Score
i saw a website that said she is already on her way to the us for surgery? hope not

Reaction Score
The only good I can make of this situation is that Jana might stick around for an additional year which will help with a front court that needs size and talent in future years......:(
The NCAA would have to approve of an additional year, and I don't think our track record is too good there.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
As an outsider, I agree. So many injuries for your players. Silcone injections are known to weaken ligaments/tendons and lead to tears later on. Could it be that in her case?
I assume you mean cortisone injections. I hope there are very few of that sort of cortisone injections given to any 18-year-olds for exactly that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom