Jana injured | The Boneyard

Jana injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not sure how or when we'll get an official update. Hoping one of the horde has or will reach out to Geno.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I saw it was posted as a muscle cramp (calf)
Would be really weird to be "carted" off the court for a muscle cramp. But hopefully, that is what it is.

Reactions: HGN
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'm sure we'll all sign up for "leg cramps" even though I agree it would be kind of odd she would be carted off for that. When I hear "leg cramps" I still think of Barbara Turner in the 2006 regional final in Bridgeport against Duke. She was having a great game and tournament but had to leave the game due to leg cramps and Huskies wound up losing a tough one. She leaves at around the 1:32:10 mark of the video and I believe she tried to return but was unable to.

Reaction Score
A very long time ago during a softball tournament I was up to bat. I hit a sure single and was running up the base path towards first when the back of my left leg literally seized up with a cramp. It felt like my leg exploded. It was so tight & painful I could not put any weight on it. Ended up being taken by ambulance to the ER where it was 3 hours before I had enough saline solution in my body to loosen the cramp enough so I could walk on it.

So yes I can see Jana having a cramp so severe she had to be taken off in a wheelchair. I hope that is all it was.

Reaction Score
This could be terrible. I really mentally tried not to think about how many injuries we’ve had these last few years and was sending positive vibes in my thinking about how this season was going to be different. I have been secretly nervous about her and Edwards thinking maybe they should take it easy this summer and hang with the team only. I am so looking forward to seeing her game, she looks talented, aggressive and plays with an edge.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A very long time ago during a softball tournament I was up to bat. I hit a sure single and was running up the base path towards first when the back of my left leg literally seized up with a cramp. It felt like my leg exploded. It was so tight & painful I could not put any weight on it. Ended up being taken by ambulance to the ER where it was 3 hours before I had enough saline solution in my body to loosen the cramp enough so I could walk on it.

So yes I can see Jana having a cramp so severe she had to be taken off in a wheelchair. I hope that is all it was.
I am trying to stay positive but she came back out from the locker room in a wheelchair with her ankle wrapped. Hopefully a strain or sprain

Reaction Score
Guys, let's all relax. It's part of sports.. Jana hasn't played competitive basketball in maybe over a year. It was just a maucle spasm. Overall, injuries come with this game we love so much. Let's just keep on rooting for our team, regardless what happens in the future.

Reaction Score
Sigh..that didnt look good at all. That has all the signs of an Achilles injury (back of ankle/calf, isolated and non-contact, cant put any weight on it). Hope I'm wrong and its just a muscle spasm/strain. Anyway, I've been vocal about the risk in letting players (especially freshmen) play in summer competitive events for just this reason. Their bodies may not be used to it, who is managing their minutes (its not Geno!), etc. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom