Jana El Alfy Enrolling Early | The Boneyard

Jana El Alfy Enrolling Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I don't know whether they are not permitted to comment yet, but availability is TBD, which doesn't sound like a certainty that she will be available to play.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
This is great news for her this year and next. Doubt she plays this year but I regard this move by her as a no-brainer.
Welcome....hope she goes on the LadyVol trip....the more she is around intense atmospheres the better....and that
obviously includes UConn practices.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Wow. I saw a tweet that vaguely suggested this, but was focused on coffee and breakfast and couldn't find it again, and didn't want to post speculative info.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but she could still use a covid year right? so even if she plays this season, she could still use the covid extra year, which will still give her 4 years. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what they will do

Reaction Score
What a great news... looking for her play at UConn.

El Alfy will join the Huskies for the spring semester, though exactly what her involvement is remains to be seen.

Jana El Alfy, a 2023 signee for UConn women’s basketball, will enroll early in Storrs according to Hearst CT’s Maggie Vanoni. Details on the Egyptian’s availability and role for the rest of this season are unknown at this time.

From multiple posts on her Instagram story, El Alfy has apparently already departed Egypt, or will be in transit to Connecticut soon. UConn is currently less than one week into its spring academic semester, which began on Tuesday after the Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Great Giza's Ghost! Wasn't expecting this.

Last fall I was hoping this would happen. Then it appeared as though it wouldn't. Now I'm not sure what to think.

As with others above, I'd hate to see her burn a year of eligibility when there are four or five players above her. If she can practice with the team and get a head start on her academics, I think that would be the best scenario.

And no, COVID is no longer in play regarding eligibility.

Reaction Score
Will she play at center next year? With both Aaliyah and Ice at the 4, who else will play center- Amari?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but she could still use a covid year right? so even if she plays this season, she could still use the covid extra year, which will still give her 4 years. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what they will do
nope .... no covid year...
A covid year is for those who actually played the 2020-2021 year.

The covid year ends with the 2020-21 class ... that would be Paige, Edwards and Nika.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No. Only current junior and senior classes are eligible for an extra Covid year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I believe she would have had to be in college the season of Covid and she was not.

Reaction Score
Welcome, Jana! Look forward to seeing you play (whether it be in the Fall of 2023 or this semester).

Go Huskies!!!!

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Jana is a big insurance policy. I can see her actually playing. We’ll see.
I agree with the insurance policy part, but once she's here I thk that more than half of the board will be diagnosed as having S. N.T. syndrome. (Shiny New Toy) . But is she ready for the step up in competition and playing the UConn way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom