James Bouknight - Ring Of Honor? | The Boneyard

James Bouknight - Ring Of Honor?

If James Bouknight leaves after this year without a NC, should he be in the Ring of Honor?

• Yes

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 196 94.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
He took us from a very dark place and has some accolades to his name. If he leaves with a NC, he's getting in. If he falls short in the Elite 8 or better, he will have a better chance.

He's not close to 1000 points yet either in between the shutdown and injuries.

Where is his place among the other greats?

Reaction Score
He took us from a very dark place and has some accolades to his name. If he leaves with a NC, he's getting in. If he falls short in the Elite 8 or better, he will have a better chance.

He's not close to 1000 points yet either in between the shutdown and injuries.

Where is his place among the other greats?
As of right now he’s not in the conversation. If he leads us to three wins in the tournament its a start.

Reaction Score
If he get us to FF, perhaps? Should he stay another year?

With the more high profile recruits we sign who leave after 2 years, will we see another on the Ring Of Honor? It's a new landscape. We will hardly see talented players stay 3 years let alone 4. They won't have the numbers to back it up.

Reaction Score
Please stop this nonsense "If he leaves without a NC", what a load of crap. Stop making the fan base look like a bunch of douches.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
James really hasn’t played in that many games. He’s nowhere close to 1000 points and only got to play in one conference tournament game. A lot of this is from circumstances out of his control but he’s really not in the conversation unless something special happens in the ncaa’s. And he’s one of my favorite players to watch at uconn in many years.

Reaction Score
Read the rest of the board and tell me otherwise.

Yes many douches on the board, not just you. It's not James Bouknight's job to deliver you a NC. You know how freaking hard that is? you know its a team game right?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought the title of this thread was the answer to my most recent head scratchers; what is with those rings (circles) on the front of each shoulder, (cupping)? To answer the poll, NO, he does not deserve any "Ring of Honor" award. He is a superbly talented athlete, who will probably go pro this year, but appears to be more interested in "him" than the team. Just my take.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Elite eight then yes.
No matter what though goes down as an all time UConn great.
Only 2 years instead of 3 for most of his compatriots, and injuries and COVID have made it more like 1 year.
if you just look at his games played within his control he absolutely should be in the conversation especially with a deep tourney run.

Reaction Score
This is not the right time for a poll like this, at least not if you want thoughtful objectivity.
I agree. Timing isnt great but actually spurred from reading articles of how Luke Garza had his number retired and Roy Marbles isn't. Not exactly apples to apples but just a thought.

Reaction Score
Little early for this question no?
You are right. Timing isn't great. Question wasn't from losing last night but from reading Luke Garza having his number retired and not Roy Marbles.

I've already put last nights loss behind me.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You are right. Timing isn't great. Question wasn't from losing last night but from reading Luke Garza having his number retired and not Roy Marbles.
Garza is a chump. Guys going down in the first weekend.

Reaction Score
Bouk is special. The kid may be hurt more than we know. He unquestionably elevated the program in the last 2 years. That said, he hasn’t proven much when it matters. Case and point, great players thrive down the stretch. Bouk had multiple chances to make a big play last night but came up short every time. Missing the front end up 5 at that pivotal moment spoke volumes. He needs to mature mentally and physically. He would be well served by another year, but UConn honors isn’t the brass ring he’s focused on. Let’s see if he can find his special place in UConn history in the Tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom