James Bouknight - Ring Of Honor? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight - Ring Of Honor?

If James Bouknight leaves after this year without a NC, should he be in the Ring of Honor?

• Yes

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 196 94.2%

• Total voters

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well oleander got two “rings of honor” if I remember correctly. How many did Jim Boeheim get again?
digging gunner kiel GIF

Reaction Score
Right now he’s somewhere in between Daniel Hamilton and andre Drummond in terms of memorable careers. Even tho they were both here for 1 season they prob played in close to the same number of games at this point. Reserve the right to change my answer of course.

Last edited:

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Love Bouk, but let's have a little perspective, please:

Doron Sheffer: 13.0 PPG, 5.5 APG, 4.4 RPG, .442 FG%, .397 3P%, .804 FT%

Bouknight: 15.0 PPG, 1.5 APG, 4.6 RPG, .458, .326, .818

One of them made the Sweet 16 or better every year he played, the other is James Bouknight

Reaction Score
Ring of Honor recognizes players who delivered results. Not on their potential. Big difference.

Lets revisit the question after this year's Tournament.
How is Rudy Gay in then?

Reaction Score
Right now he’s somewhere in between Daniel Hamilton and andre Drummond in terms of memorable careers. Even tho they were both here for 1 season they prob played in close to the same number of games at this point. Reserve the right to change my answer of course.
Daniel Hamilton comparison is fair. I’ve thought that myself.

He’s an example of leaving too early

Reaction Score
Yes many douches on the board, not just you. It's not James Bouknight's job to deliver you a NC. You know how freaking hard that is? you know its a team game right?
Tell that to Carmello Anthony.....

Reaction Score
You are right, it doesn't take a single person to deliver the NC. It's a team game but it's a point of discussion. What about the Elite Eight? Caron didn't deliver, Rudy didn't deliver and neither did Ray. They are on the Ring of Honor. There are many on there without rings. It's objective is it not? James has already made a profound impact on the program by taking it from where it was and where it is in just two years.
Caron carried the team in the tournament that year and almost got us to the FF on his own efforts. Rudy and Ray had nice stats but didn't often make the kind of big plays to carry the team like Caron did.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm convinced you people don't deserve Bouk after reading this board the last couple days. Get him, Ben, Lamb, and even Boatright on the wall. Gatekeeping a list of players is some real goofy energy.

Reaction Score
If we flame out In the NCAA tourney Boukright is a great player who played
on forgettable teams. But his career isn’t over yet.
So to quote the Kenny Rodgers
“You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealing's done”

We’re still sittin at the table folks.

Reaction Score
Probably a better pro prospect than Luke Garza but didn't play long enough. We have yet to pull a Carmelo Anthony.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced you people don't deserve Bouk after reading this board the last couple days. Get him, Ben, Lamb, and even Boatright on the wall. Gatekeeping a list of players is some real goofy energy.
It’s not if we deserve him, it’s if he is even comparable to these three. I don’t see it. What criteria are you using?

Reaction Score

Can’t just throw everyone on the wall and if you’re beginning to group this foursome together it’s not close. Ben should be in and is far ahead of the others in clutch accomplishments. Boat and Lamb well ahead of Bouk for now too but the Wall is special. Doesn’t mean you weren’t a terrific Husky if you’re not on it. But Ben not being on it is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
The unanswered question is; can Bouk put this team on his shoulders and accomplish something lasting or memorable? He has just a little time left to answer.

Till then he is a greatest talent on this team and one of the best players we've ever had. Right now he will only be judged as an individual talent and not collectively (i.e. team elevation). His UConn legacy may just end there and will fade quickly over time, unless he answers the above question positively.

Reaction Score
I have this argument with people all the time about Drummond and I think it’s the same. It applies to Gay and Lamb and Boatright too. You really need to be special. Lead your team AND be recognized beyond UConn. Drummond might be a great NBA player but his UConn career was pretty unmemorable and short. He wasn’t the leader. It’s arguable whether he was even the star. Lamb and Boatright are really similar. Key players on championship teams but Boatright was Robin to Shabaz and Lamb was maybe Alfred to Kemba. Bouknight is a.good player but more like Drummond in his short career. What game did he take the team on his back and make plays? When we needed someone to make a play against Creighton late who would you want out there Kemba, Shabaz or Bouknight? In my mind it isn’t close.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Bouknight has accomplished nothing. Not even beaten one ranked team as far as I can remember. The answer is NO.

Reaction Score
This isn’t UCF or South Florida. Connecticut has FOUR national titles. So, unless he helps provide a memorable fifth title, or he needs to stay four years to build out his draft capital on his way to NBA greatness, he’s not getting into the Ring of Honor.

Sometimes it’s just not meant to be.

Reaction Score
Obviously need to let this postseason play out. But If it ends after a win or two in the NCAA Tournament then no he shouldn’t be up there and Drummond should not be either. Great players whose best days will come in the pros for sure. Glad they came to UConn and wish they had stayed longer but know you cannot pass up the money and risk injury. Was thinking that if a player like Bouk or Drummond got up there then you need to add players like Henefeld whose impact on the program was tremendous - Big East rookie of the year, 3rd team Big East, and his style of play (steals and sharing the ball) caught on leading UConn to their first regular season AND postseason tournament titles.
Ben will be up there soon. Plans are already in the works for that. Just trying to find a time we can get him back on campus

Reaction Score
Obviously need to let this postseason play out. But If it ends after a win or two in the NCAA Tournament then no he shouldn’t be up there and Drummond should not be either. Great players whose best days will come in the pros for sure. Glad they came to UConn and wish they had stayed longer but know you cannot pass up the money and risk injury. Was thinking that if a player like Bouk or Drummond got up there then you need to add players like Henefeld whose impact on the program was tremendous - Big East rookie of the year, 3rd team Big East, and his style of play (steals and sharing the ball) caught on leading UConn to their first regular season AND postseason tournament titles.
Ben will be up there soon. Plans are already in the works for that. Just trying to find a time we can get him back on campus
Ah, the original "Dove"! He was just a GREAT player! So sad that he left early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom