James Bouknight - Ring Of Honor? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight - Ring Of Honor?

If James Bouknight leaves after this year without a NC, should he be in the Ring of Honor?

• Yes

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 196 94.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Bouk needs to win a NATY to be on the wall. Needs to come back next year .Not ready for the league.
Ben Gordon and Baz need to be up there first.
Feel for JRC .Hope he gets a chance to make things right in the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Bouk needs to win a NATY to be on the wall. Needs to come back next year .Not ready for the league.
Bazz isn’t up there yet???

Reaction Score
Mike Dimauro doesn't think so. He has a point. Bouknight is talented and will be a high draft choice but to date he's not the kind of player that carries a team. I think a lot of that is inexperience. Just the way it is.

There are some UConn loyalists, although it's hard not to conceive them in full Kool-Aid gulp, who will look at James Bouknight's final stat line Friday night — 14 points, eight rebounds — and think all is just swell with their luminary.

They are perhaps the same people, on and off social media, who insist on including Bouknight in the pantheon, right there with Ray and Rip and Kemba. Except that, well, on these kind of nights and in these kinds of games, Ray made off-balance shot to beat Georgetown, Kemba made the step-back against Pitt ... but James?

Alternate free access: Bouknight is not program royalty just yet

Reaction Score
I think we need some sort of run in the NCAAs for that and then him having a good NBA career won't hurt. Sweet 16 might do it. Elite 8 definitely would.

Reaction Score
Bouknight clearly has the potential, but most importantly, you have to deliver. These two years present a lot of hurdles but in the end, the numbers and performances are either there or they aren't. He's only played 42 games I think.

Consideration mostly based on stats:
Ben Gordan
Christian Vital
Jeff Adrien
Tate George

Rudy Gay doesn't belong. If he's on there, so too should be guys like Charlie Villanueva and Rashad Anderson.

Reaction Score

I don't think so. Caron led the team to the Elite Eight and he played 2 years. He got us a BE title but not a National championship. I'm totally rooting for Bouk and the team to make it that far.

With the covid shutdown and his injury, his stats isn't what it could be. I think if he wills his team to the Elite Eight, he should get it. Will not get in after last nights performance for sure.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s anywhere near ring of honor level unless he has an amazing tournament leading the team. I think final four run don’t think elite 8 will be enough.

Reaction Score
Bouknight clearly has the potential, but most importantly, you have to deliver. These two years present a lot of hurdles but in the end, the numbers and performances are either there or they aren't. He's only played 42 games I think.

Consideration mostly based on stats:
Ben Gordan
Christian Vital
Jeff Adrien
Tate George

Rudy Gay doesn't belong. If he's on there, so too should be guys like Charlie Villanueva and Rashad Anderson.
I actually think people on here are starting to underrate Rudy Gay just because he wasn’t the superstar as a sophomore we expected him to be. Personally, I would not have voted him into Huskies Ring of Honor, but he was an NABC All-American as a sophomore, so it’s not completely unwarranted. That’s not something Charlie ever accomplished or Rashad ever came close to doing.

Reaction Score
Yes many douches on the board, not just you. It's not James Bouknight's job to deliver you a NC. You know how freaking hard that is? you know its a team game right?

You are right, it doesn't take a single person to deliver the NC. It's a team game but it's a point of discussion. What about the Elite Eight? Caron didn't deliver, Rudy didn't deliver and neither did Ray. They are on the Ring of Honor. There are many on there without rings. It's objective is it not? James has already made a profound impact on the program by taking it from where it was and where it is in just two years.

Reaction Score
JRC??

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Stick to Haukus please.
No more personal attacks.
Just a discussion.
Poorly chosen time
To raise career assessment
Others thought so too

Wordplay on "tone deaf"
Isn't personal attack
Just noting mismatch

After the season
Strikes me as more sensible
To ask and answer

Reaction Score
WTF is this nonsense - put friggin Taliek in there, he won and he may be one of the most mentally tough guys that’s been at UConn. He got hammered by fans for his entire time here.

James is a VERY nice player, but he’s not done enough to date.

Reaction Score
Poorly chosen time
To raise career assessment
Others thought so too

Wordplay on "tone deaf"
Isn't personal attack
Just noting mismatch

After the season
Strikes me as more sensible
To ask and answer
Agree with timing
Discussion not from the loss
I am over it.

Was reading about
Luke Garza and Roy Marble
Retired numbers

In hindsight, maybe
timing should have been better
Lets go win it all!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Agree with timing
Discussion not from the loss
I am over it.

Was reading about
Luke Garza and Roy Marble
Retired numbers

In hindsight, maybe
timing should have been better
Lets go win it all!
Totally agree
Remember, we are teammates
Still on our mission

Reaction Score
It ain’t gonna happen, but if he blew minds and came back next season he could easily vault himself into the most loved Huskies of all time.
I agree. Won't happen based on the 2021 resume. And I hope he does come back, and prove me wrong. Because based on his post-elbow performance I think a lot of NBA GMs would be hard-pressed to take a chance on him. Athletic as hell, but also fragile and suspect outside shooter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom