James Bouknight Released | Page 3 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Released

Reaction Score
It appears he needs motivation and the best thing to do for that is to get help; as much and as often as you need. I wish him the best because his direction does not look like it was likely to be fruitful. Let people help you to help yourself James.
IMO he needs some empathetic psychological counseling

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
At every turn, I feel as emotionally uncomfortable reading the comments in this thread as I do reading about James Bouknight.

I feel disappointed, sad, angry, frustrated, powerless, embarrassed, judgmental, critical, and more. I don't know if that's an indictment of Bouknight, this thread, myself, the human condition, some combination of the above, or if more properly it's a call for humility and compassion when faced with a darkly reflective mirror.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
At every turn, I feel as emotionally uncomfortable reading the comments in this thread as I do reading about James Bouknight.

I feel disappointed, sad, angry, frustrated, powerless, embarrassed, judgmental, critical, and more. I don't know if that's an indictment of Bouknight, this thread, myself, the human condition, some combination of the above, or if more properly it's a call for humility and compassion when faced with a darkly reflective mirror.

I feel it too @Hans Sprungfeld

Reaction Score
60% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of leaving the league. Hard to imagine Bouk being financially responsible.
Yeah, I read that the numbers aren't good. Thinking as I was typing if he could keep 5MM of what he has made, an investment black box could still generate a pretty good income...but as you said.

Reaction Score
Thread title "James Bouknight Released", I opened thread to find out what he was arrested for this time. Being 'Released by the team' was actually a better spin. Were there consequences for that disturbing incident drunk with a gun et al? Or did he just find a way to slide out of real repercussions again?

Reaction Score
Really disappointing career for him. I live in charlotte and knew a lot of people over there with the Hornets under Borrego, things went bad to start, literally at summer league. That “call” from MJ was an indictment and owner involvement about off court issues at summer league, that’s what I was told anyway. There’s a ton more that went down but don’t really need to put it out on blast, much is well documented. Wish him well in his next steps whatever that is, maybe he gets another shot and turns it around, who knows. Just goes to show: NBA is a brutal business and most guys can’t just get by on talent. Need the passion & drive to move your career forward.

Reaction Score
Dragged them down? They were barely competitive as it was
They were a 5 seed that lost because a 24 year old and some bums got incredibly hot from 3. It was a real fluky game against a team that UConn beats 8 out of 10 times. It was absolutely a team that could have gone south from Bouknight.

Regardless, he got paid, and another year of UConn probably wasn't helping his maturity nor his draft position. What might have helped his draft position was a better franchise drafting him.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They were a 5 seed that lost because a 24 year old and some bums got incredibly hot from 3. It was a real fluky game against a team that UConn beats 8 out of 10 times. It was absolutely a team that could have gone south from Bouknight.

Regardless, he got paid, and another year of UConn probably wasn't helping his maturity nor his draft position. What might have helped his draft position was a better franchise drafting him.
A fool and his money are soon parted. Needed to change the fool part before the money part.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, another example of wasted talent. Hopefully James can turn things around.

Reaction Score
Forget about another NBA opportunity, Europe, China or anywhere else. Bouk needs unlimited one-on-one sessions with Maurice Clarett and separately with a really good therapist. Methinks there are some serious underlying issues that need to be resolved before he can successfully navigate life.

Reaction Score
Bigger NBA disappointment, Thabeet or Bouknight?

Thabeet was obviously drafted much higher but I personally thought he’d struggle in the pros due to rumblings I had heard about his personality and work ethic.

Bouk was drafted lower but he seemed to be oozing with talent as he was leaving UConn. I genuinely thought he’d explode at the next level.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Let's hope he's a late bloomer. Let's hope someone or something can give him a kickstart. At this point, I'm concerned this is more about James. Either his attitude or his effort or his talent more so than about his opportunity

Hopefully he can play for pay somewhere. Godspeed James, just do it.

Reaction Score
My bad. Got them mixed up. Thought I heard gaff was showing higher at one point or maybe he just had a good showing at summer league venues. Bouk was clearly better obviously. Akok was in that class too. Maybe Danny’s “class that could’ve been”.
That wasn’t a “class that could’a been.” Bouknight was outstanding here and helped us grow from the awful team Hurley inherited to where we are now. Just like Drummond having a long NBA career doesn’t change the fact that he accomplished little while here, Bouk flaming out in the NBA doesn’t change the fact that he had a large part in pushing our rock up the mountain.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
13.1 is pre tax. So he keeps 7 at most? Hard to believe he would still have 5. But I have no idea how he lives.

If he is fortunate enough to have $2M, invest that with $7.5%, and that's $150k a year without touching principle.
That's a nice cushion along with any other income he may earn.
Unfortunately I don't have a good feeling he has that much squirreled away.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unfortunate for Bouknight. I'm not going to pretend that as a fan of his college team I have some insight into what went wrong. We can all speculate, but I don't know what caused it. I hope he has another opportunity and finds a way to make the most of it.

Reaction Score
Unfortunate for Bouknight. I'm not going to pretend that as a fan of his college team I have some insight into what went wrong. We can all speculate, but I don't know what caused it. I hope he has another opportunity and finds a way to make the most of it.
Insight? You don't need insight to know that bad decisions have been the norm for Bouknight. Immense talent, completely wasted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom