James Bouknight Recruitment Update | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Recruitment Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
As for his recruitment, the New York native is remaining open to all schools at the moment.

“Right now, I’m just keeping my recruitment open, I’m not making any decisions,” Bouknight said.

He has visited UConn, VCU, Temple and UMass thus far. Some of these schools have been very active with him.

“UConn, Virginia Tech has been talking to me a lot, Virginia Commonwealth. I can’t really go through them all in my head, it’s a lot,” he said.

UConn Head Coach Dan Hurley was in attendance during his 33 point performance. Bouknight believes in his ability to develop players.

“The new coach Coach Hurley, I love his player development and I think I can help them win,” he said. “He’s going to help me get to the next level.”

James Bouknight scores 33 points in his full return from injury at the Hoop Group Summer Jam Fest

Reaction Score
I loved this quote...almost made it sound like he's already made his decision...

The new coach Coach Hurley, I love his player development and I think I can help them win,” he said. “He’s going to help me get to the next level.”

Reaction Score
I loved this quote...almost made it sound like he's already made his decision...

The new coach Coach Hurley, I love his player development and I think I can help them win,” he said. “He’s going to help me get to the next level.”

Love those subconscious thoughts that tell you what's really on his mind.

Reaction Score
Indiana, Wichita State and Seton Hall have offered within the past 24 hours

Reaction Score
We should score some points with him for not backing off after the injury, we actually increased our activity while other schools backed off.

Hurley has a very clear recruiting plan. More than some of the best coaches. If bouknight is a part of it, there's a reason.

I would be surprised if he doesnt come here.

Reaction Score
Not sure what exactly can go wrong, but historically it happens shortly after someone says it "seems like a lead-pipe cinch."
I'm going for the reversal here.....

Reaction Score
I didn't get the whole game because it started late and went beyond the time slot. What I did see was 3-4 from 3 point and 13 points overall, even though he sat for a long time in the first half with 2 fouls. My impression had been that he took an occasional 3 pt shot but they run him off screens to take the 3 pointer as a steady diet. I didn't like the announcers comments about how strong Indiana was after him. Archie Miller the coach there now evidently. They sounded like there was more mutual interest to the point of worrying me. Bouknight got his fouls reaching in for the ball as a secondary defender without good balance.

Just fyi watching the espnu broadcast

Reaction Score
I didn't get the whole game because it started late and went beyond the time slot. What I did see was 3-4 from 3 point and 13 points overall, even though he sat for a long time in the first half with 2 fouls. My impression had been that he took an occasional 3 pt shot but they run him off screens to take the 3 pointer as a steady diet. I didn't like the announcers comments about how strong Indiana was after him. Archie Miller the coach there now evidently. They sounded like there was more mutual interest to the point of worrying me. Bouknight got his fouls reaching in for the ball as a secondary defender without good balance.

I got the same feeling. Only positive is I get better vibes from more reputable resources. ESPN seems very behind the curve vs. rivals or other recruiting services

Reaction Score

I was able to watch most of it. Bouknight ended up with 18 points on 4 for 6 from three and some two's, one of which was a nice drive through the lane. He seems to be the "Effortless James" we've heard about in that he didn't seem hurried and was nice and smooth on his shots. Did get a couple fouls switching on to another player's man when that player had been beaten, two of which were against ESPN #18 Wendell Moore. The announcers mentioned Bouknight's injury and how he's only about 80 or 90% back to form and maybe that's why he had the reach-ins and picked up four fouls. He scored a lot of points for the minutes he played.

Moore looked to my untrained eye to be the best player on the floor. Cole Anthony got the most hype early but Moore made so many plays (also shot 8 for 8 on the line with ease) that the announcers raved about him more and more as the game went on.

The announcers spent some time discussing the NBA's likely change allowing kids to go to the league right out of high school probably by 2021. And, to show how little I know, the announcers said Anthony would likely be a lottery pick if he could go straight to the league out of high school. I guess we'll find out in 2020 after his year in college.

Anthony looked as if he felt he had to do everything at times and made several great plays but also a number of poor or forced plays. He was almost off the ball as much as Bouknight though with Ty Etienne seeming to be the actual point guard. Anthony was inside a lot getting rebounds, so maybe he actually does have to do everything.

LorcaLloyd looked good too. Finished well. Not strong looking though but seems like he could help UConn.

The announcers sounded like shills for Archie Miller and then Calipari. I don't recall them mentioning any other coaches (maybe I missed them) and they dwelled on Indiana for a couple minutes with comments about the great recruits Miller has, blah, blah, blah.

Basically same old same old, no respect for the Rodney Dangerfields of college basketball.

pj

Reaction Score
The announcers sounded like shills for Archie Miller and then Calipari. I don't recall them mentioning any other coaches (maybe I missed them) and they dwelled on Indiana for a couple minutes with comments about the great recruits Miller has, blah, blah, blah.

ESPN shills for their marquee properties - SEC and ACC and, now with Disney acquiring Fox, B1G.

Disney didn't like having to pay up for the B1G so they are acquiring Fox and taking out the only other bidder for sports. Bad news for Mike Aresco and the AAC.

Reaction Score
reminds me of Lamb. ranked similarly, too

Has a few more PG skills. That's a recent development for him too. Tons of skill building since January(?) When he was hurt

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Sheesh he looks good in this

I like how soft his shot is. It's a shot that will go in consistently. Which is why PSA runs plays for him to get him 3 point looks. He's exactly what we need a guard with size who can make shots.

Reaction Score
I realize this is only a highlight tape, but great touch and a terrific ability to create shots is an awful nice combination.

Him and Precious would be quite a duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32