James Bouknight Recruitment Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Recruitment Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have no shot at any of them. New coach. Bad conference. Totally doomed.

That takes care of it.

Good to hear. Otherwise I'd be up late wasting time reading all the exciting news about recruits we're pursuing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Indiana already has Langford so maybe that will tilt it somewhat towards UConn
Wait, see, fingers crossed

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Indiana already has Langford so maybe that will tilt it somewhat towards UConn
Wait, see, fingers crossed
Are they selling him on Langford being a one and done though?

Reaction Score
I think he's going to be our first 2019 recruit.
Agreed, kind of think he already has his mind made up but everyone likes having a nice long list of good programs offering.

Reaction Score
I have no gag order. And btw thumbs up @Chief00. But my sources tell me we are 100% going to get the recruits for 2019 DH recruits.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm pretty psyched about this kid. Like Jeremy Lamb in so many ways, including national recruiting perception.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Due for a rankings bump. But I hppe ge doesn't get it. Better for uconn

I like that hes a pure 2 guard. No 2g in a 1g body. He knows his role and plays it
That’s why I like him so much he’s a true 2 guard who plays well off the ball and can score on 3 levels. High IQ true 2 guards are very rare in today’s game. Typically you get either the 6’2-6’3 combo or the 6’5-6’6 wing rarely do you get the 6’4-6’5 true 2 most teams play with 2 combos or a true PG and a combo. One thing that’s very important to a 2 guard that we should sell him on is having that point guard who can take pressure off him like C Anthony does. One thing we are good at is bringing in top top notch point guards. We always seem to have those top 50 type point guards. For the past 30 years we’ve had them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That’s why I like him so much he’s a true 2 guard who plays well off the ball and can score on 3 levels. High IQ true 2 guards are very rare in today’s game. Typically you get either the 6’2-6’3 combo or the 6’5-6’6 wing rarely do you get the 6’4-6’5 true 2 most teams play with 2 combos or a true PG and a combo. One thing that’s very important to a 2 guard that we should sell him on is having that point guard who can take pressure off him like C Anthony does. One thing we are good at is bringing in top top notch point guards. We always seem to have those top 50 type point guards. For the past 30 years we’ve had them.

Kids dont want to be a 2 any more like they did in the 90s. Wings and PGs are the hot commodity in the NBA.

Klay and Booker are great players, but kids want to be more than just a shooter growing up.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Kids dont want to be a 2 any more like they did in the 90s. Wings and PGs are the hot commodity in the NBA.

Klay and Booker are great players, but kids want to be more than just a shooter growing up.
Which is kind of funny because they all idolize Michael Jordan who was very much a true 2 guard. He wasn’t an on the ball combo or wing, he was an off the ball 2 guard. Same thing with Kobe, true 2 guard who played off the ball.

Reaction Score
Which is kind of funny because they all idolize Michael Jordan who was very much a true 2 guard. He wasn’t an on the ball combo or wing, he was an off the ball 2 guard. Same thing with Kobe, true 2 guard who played off the ball.

Kids dont really even know MJ other than people telling them hes the greatest though. They've grown up with modern bball. All about 3s and layups. And jelly... ugh

Reaction Score
Kids dont really even know MJ other than people telling them hes the greatest though. They've grown up with modern bball. All about 3s and layups. And jelly... ugh
Kids still know Jordan, he's still by far the most marketable American athlete by far.

Reaction Score
Kids still know Jordan, he's still by far the most marketable American athlete by far.

They know his name, not his game. They know the dunks and buzzer beaters. And the shoes. Not the old school mid-range magic. I work with high school ballers every day. I am confident in what I'm saying.

UconnU

Reaction Score
What’s the obsession with these kids playing on the ball? Remember how well Rip played off the ball for us? He was a magician getting open. Kemba even played extremely well off ball. Most coaches the last decade kind of stopped running plays for these kids.

Reaction Score
What’s the obsession with these kids playing on the ball? Remember how well Rip played off the ball for us? He was a magician getting open. Kemba even played extremely well off ball. Most coaches the last decade kind of stopped running plays for these kids.
Both Rip and Ray ran the baseline to get open looks like none others. A joy to watch the constant motion off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom