James Akinjo | Page 10 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was older and arrived as a potential stud based on videos. Truth be told he became a very solid defender and shooter but never a consistent finisher. He had small hands which led him to lose the ball in traffic while trying to finish, often. While he looked explosive he rarely showed that in game. The things that held him back are all in the "work on it in the summer if you want to get better" or maybe it's just not going to get better. I liked Rodney, his passion for UConn basket is not matched by anyone on that roster right now but his shortcomings were on him. I thought he improved every year as a shooter and became a little more than streaky by his last year. That is also due to his work in the gym on his own.

On the bright side, we may see him in the NBA very soon!

C

Chief00

He was older and arrived as a potential stud based on videos. Truth be told he became a very solid defender and shooter but never a consistent finisher. He had small hands which led him to lose the ball in traffic while trying to finish, often. While he looked explosive he rarely showed that in game. The things that held him back are all in the "work on it in the summer if you want to get better" or maybe it's just not going to get better. I liked Rodney, his passion for UConn basket is not matched by anyone on that roster right now but his shortcomings were on him. I thought he improved every year as a shooter and became a little more than streaky by his last year. That is also due to his work in the gym on his own.

Part of his finishing issue was short arms and inability to use the left.

Reaction Score
This kid is similarly ranked and has many of the skills Bazz had coming to UCONN. Everyone says he does not recruit the right players well here he is..

I think Ollie did pretty good job developing him. He is the kind of kid that will thrive with Ollie and Ollie’s system will thrive with.

I am sure nobody wants to hear that.

It’s going to be terrible watching him in another uniform..

A year too late I guess.

C

Chief00

Given everything - I wouldn’t be against bringing in a George Blaney type assistant - if it’s Larry Brown - that’s ok with me. Have KO and Chill focus on recruiting. I think the young video dude is already providing more game prep input than some of the assistants.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Given everything - I wouldn’t be against bringing in a George Blaney type assistant - if it’s Larry Brown - that’s ok with me. Have KO and Chill focus on recruiting. I think the young video dude is already providing more game prep input than some of the assistants.
I know Larry Brown was at the game the other day, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to come in and be an assistant to a guy who’s about to get fired.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Larry Brown is not going to be hired here.

His show cause probably just expired and we’re under NCAA investigation.

Reaction Score
The guy we need to pilot the ship is Mr. Hurley plain and simple. Pulling him out of URI into a school that is a historical basketball blue blood should be a no brainer. Moreover, he comes from a very well connected world of college basketball that surpasses anything Ollie could ever bring to the table.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
bump :(

What are you hearing Matrim? I don't care if it's not ironclad information. I'm just curious what the word on the trail is.

I don't care what ratings say about him, I really liked what I've read and heard about this kid and his game. I like his attitude. I've grudgingly come to accept that he very well might now be playing here next year.

C

Chief00

Larry Brown is not going to be hired here.

His show cause probably just expired and we’re under NCAA investigation.

I know, but are we in the NCAA’s good graces without him? How much worse could they treat us?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
What are you hearing Matrim? I don't care if it's not ironclad information. I'm just curious what the word on the trail is.
That literally no one has stopped recruiting him. They're treating him as if he hasn't committed anywhere because nobody thinks he's going to UConn.

Reaction Score
I know Larry Brown was at the game the other day, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to come in and be an assistant to a guy who’s about to get fired.
Fired? This is college. Perhaps another opportunity is available. Ricky with a higher title in Georgia region or something. Who knows.

Reaction Score
The guy we need to pilot the ship is Mr. Hurley plain and simple. Pulling him out of URI into a school that is a historical basketball blue blood should be a no brainer. Moreover, he comes from a very well connected world of college basketball that surpasses anything Ollie could ever bring to the table.
Not coming.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
That literally no one has stopped recruiting him. They're treating him as if he hasn't committed anywhere because nobody thinks he's going to UConn.

Hence why I hold my breath every time this thread is bumped.

That’s basically what I expected.

I really hope the next coach can hang onto him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I don't enjoy liking that post, but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom