Jalen signs exhibit 10 deal with Pelicans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen signs exhibit 10 deal with Pelicans

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hey 5 star recruits come to Uconn and you too can land an exhibit 10 deal with a team after 4 years.

Thanks Kevin :mad:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So the question stands, is the food scene in New Orleans so good that he is more at risk there? His Achilles heel is arguably most exposed there vs any other NBA City. Hire Draymond Green's new dietician or better yet, talk to LeBron about annual $ spent on his body.

Now you're in the weeds.

Every city large enough to support an NBA team has an excellent food scene.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Now you're in the weeds.

Detroit?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If there is a concern anywhere in the universe about Zion, it'd be his weight.

I don't think it's even a minor concern, but he's carrying some extra weight and long-term, he's better off without it. I'm guessing an NBA conditioning program will handle it.

Terrifying to imagine what he'd be like in peak condition.

Agreed. LeBron is down about 20-25 from his peak weight a few years ago. Weight is stress on those joints, and shoes as he already showed. They will be watching him pretty closely I expect.

Reaction Score
According to the NH Register, Jalen signed with the Golden State Warriors!! Who's wrong???
Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 3.07.02 PM.png

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He has to play defense and be able to make his shot.

A two way contract isn't bad and means he will make some money. Good for him

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So the question stands, is the food scene in New Orleans so good that he is more at risk there? His Achilles heel is arguably most exposed there vs any other NBA City. Hire Draymond Green's new dietician or better yet, talk to LeBron about annual $ spent on his body.
Now you're in the weeds.

Hmm, maybe not such a crazy thought to post about Zion & New Orleans food on a message board.
See attached article
Kendrick Perkins jokes about Zion Williamson gaining weight in New Orleans: 'It's FOOD everywhere!'
Not a crazy thought at all. Actually very relevant. The issue isn't the availability of excellent and tasty food; I agree that every city large enough to support an NBA team has an excellent food scene. The issue with New Orleans is the dearth of healthy food options and the overabundance of unhealthy ones. We always joke about how difficult it is to find fresh vegetables on a menu there. I don't know where the Pelicans frequent, but I know that the Saints frequent Desi Vegas, which is a steakhouse owned by the same people who own Mr. John's Steakhouse. Desi Vegas has some decent non-steak options, but not many.

The food scene in New Orleans is great, but it is almost exclusively focused on less-than-healthy cuisine. There have been some great new restaurants with healthier cuisine in the past few years like Shaya for incredible Israeli food and Peche for amazing seafood, but they are still by far the exception to the rule.

Reaction Score
Ya'll know Zion is going to have a personal chef right? And a full S&C staff to monitor his diet?

Reaction Score
Cause that's worked for every athlete ever.

Of course it doesn't. Certainly helps though--he's not some plebian walking down the street to find food after work every day. The idea that a regional cuisine will impact how well he adjusts to the NBA is just ludicrous.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Of course it doesn't. Certainly helps though--he's not some plebian walking down the street to find food after work every day. The idea that a regional cuisine will impact how well he adjusts to the NBA is just ludicrous.
Just curious: have you ever been to New Orleans?

Reaction Score
Right, people in Memphis don't eat a lot of ribs either. Far from every NBA athlete/star have personal chefs and those chefs don't follow you everywhere, pick meals on the road or tell you whether or not to snack or have a drink.
Lots of human beings struggle with eating well - temptation makes it worse. My basic premise is that if I moved to New Orleans I'm pretty sure I'd gain weight. Arguably the NBA $ give him the ability to indulge in the great N'Orleans cuisine, your so called plebian walking down the street can't.
Draymond Green just turned around his season/career when he suddenly instituted a new diet. Nothing is a given.
But generally I think its a good thing that's he's getting some grief again for this now (remember this was the #1 concern about him going into Dook season too) and it'll likely inspire/motivate him. I think he's a lock for rookie of the year.
How Draymond Green found his zen

Reaction Score
Right, people in Memphis don't eat a lot of ribs either. Far from every NBA athlete/star have personal chefs and those chefs don't follow you everywhere, pick meals on the road or tell you whether or not to snack or have a drink.
Lots of human beings struggle with eating well - temptation makes it worse. My basic premise is that if I moved to New Orleans I'm pretty sure I'd gain weight. Arguably the NBA $ give him the ability to indulge in the great N'Orleans cuisine, your so called plebian walking down the street can't.
Draymond Green just turned around his season/career when he suddenly instituted a new diet. Nothing is a given.
But generally I think its a good thing that's he's getting some grief again for this now (remember this was the #1 concern about him going into Dook season too) and it'll likely inspire/motivate him. I think he's a lock for rookie of the year.

I am not disagreeing he needs to diet. The notion New Orleans food will corrupt his NBA career is the idea I am confident is wrong. Any city's food would be a temptation.

I would gain weight if I moved to NOLA too. We're also not professional athletes.

Reaction Score
There are also bars absolutely everywhere you look in New Orleans, many of which are open 24 hours a day. I don't expect Zion to sit at the bar every day and night drinking hurricanes and hand grenades.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

I moved to Nashville in May and started a food blog / Instagram account and have lost weight (about 12 pounds) since I moved here. People can eat unhealthy things in moderation as long as they are balancing in enough food, exercise and other positive lifestyle habits (sleep, drinking, snacking, etc.) Everyone has a different metabolism, but with the amount of exercise and physical activity required to be a professional athlete I'd assume they would have to go totally overboard eating unhealthy meals (emphasis on the plural) daily to see a material weight gain during the season. The offseason is where is will hit him if he is lazy...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There are also bars absolutely everywhere you look in New Orleans, many of which are open 24 hours a day. I don't expect Zion to sit at the bar every day and night drinking hurricanes and hand grenades.
No, but if he had a history of problems controlling his drinking it might be something to look out for.

He does have history of problems controlling his weight. The simple premise is that it is a bit more of a challenge to eat healthy in New Orleans. I'm surprised that is considered ludicrous by anyone who has ever spent any time there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom