Jalen Gaffney Visiting This Weekend | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney Visiting This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think it's going to be a Hurley closing thing...I think he is still going to have the same problems any coach would have competing against SEC, BIG, and ACC basketball teams what want kids Hurley wants....it's gonna come down to if Hurley can outmessage/outwork those other coaches.

I have said all along, that in order for UConn and Hurley to get back to getting the kids we have been accustomed to getting, we are going to have to win on the court first. This program has plummeted in the eyes of most recruits, it is going to take a couple of winning seasons and success in the NCAA tourney before we become a big player on the recruiting front again.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have said all along, that in order for UConn and Hurley to get back to getting the kids we have been accustomed to getting, we are going to have to win on the court first. This program has plummeted in the eyes of most recruits, it is going to take a couple of winning seasons and success in the NCAA tourney before we become a big player on the recruiting front again.
I hear you but in order to compete and beat the P5s you are going to need some horses and you aren't getting them at all on any level playing field with most any P5. It takes a little luck and I hope DH has some of that in him as JC had in the beginning but JC also had the BE................................

Reaction Score

Hurley landed a 4 Star #79 Composite recruit... to Rhode Island... a team with zero Nattys, let alone a Natty 4 years ago.

Jermaine Harris, Capitol Christian Academy, Center (BK)

I'm not worried about him landing STUDS to UConn in a multiple bid High Major conference.

Lets see who Memphis gets too.

Reaction Score
I hear you but in order to compete and beat the P5s you are going to need some horses and you aren't getting them at all on any level playing field with most any P5. It takes a little luck and I hope Dan Hurley has some of that in him as JC had in the beginning but JC also had the BE.......

#thanksDebbie

Reaction Score
tcf"s vid is one of my favorite ever:

I mean after Boatright makes that 3 and looks back to the team to say it's our time, the defense was amazing. Bazz made Hill turn it over and Boat drove Wilbekon nuts, he hardly wanted to put the ball on the floor that's fun to watch. Just watched it again - need Jalen to watch it and understand how important it is to play on that end in order to create scoring opportunities.

Reaction Score
Just because you keep saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I disagree. Hurley can sell Hurley, UConn legacy, an unbelievable staff, and a brand new basketball center. Maybe it's the eternal optimist in me, but I find it hard to believe that he won't have success immediately in recruiting top players to Storrs. Case in point, brought in 3 players for 2018 season on the same weekend, landed all 3. These weren't 5 star players, but 3 for 3 is impressive. We're UConn, we keep our expectations high!

Reaction Score
I hear you but in order to compete and beat the P5s you are going to need some horses and you aren't getting them at all on any level playing field with most any P5. It takes a little luck and I hope Dan Hurley has some of that in him as JC had in the beginning but JC also had the BE.......

JC had the BC and the chance to play against the best players in the country, in the best conference in the nation. He has said multiple times that was his single biggest recruiting tool! Hurley and UConn don't have that anymore and it really hurts! If you told me UConn was moving to the ACC, then I think Hurley can recruit with anybody in the country.

Reaction Score
JC had the BC and the chance to play against the best players in the country, in the best conference in the nation. He has said multiple times that was his single biggest recruiting tool! Hurley and UConn don't have that anymore and it really hurts! If you told me UConn was moving to the ACC, then I think Hurley can recruit with anybody in the country.

But it doesn't mean we cant recruit great players. If we win they will come.

Reaction Score

Hurley doesn’t need that tool. JC built UConn basketball into a brand. Now Hurley had to sell that brand. Would Duke or North Carolina all of a sudden become irrelevant if the were no longer in the ACC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom