Jalen Gaffney Visiting This Weekend | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney Visiting This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I don’t have the paid subscription to be able to read the entire article but the headline says it all. Gaffney using his first official for Florida.

Cue the "Why can't Hurley close" whiners.....

Reaction Score

I don’t have the paid subscription to be able to read the entire article but the headline says it all. Gaffney using his first official for Florida.

So, maybe he isn't the lock we were hoping for, but Hurley ought to be able to sell UConn over Florida. What can they offer him but another chance to lose to the Huskies in a big game............

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
What can they offer him but another chance to lose to the Huskies in a big game..
To be fair, Florida could offer the same (I'm guessing you're not old enough to remember 1994).

Reaction Score
To be fair, Florida could offer the same (I'm guessing you're not old enough to remember 1994).

Believe me, I'm way too old to ever forget seeing Donyell Marshall, who was an excellent free throw shooter, miss both at the end of the Final Eight game.

It's just hard for me to be objective about anything related to Florida because of a pair of arrogant fans I've known for almost 50 years. He was very successful in life but acts as if he has to defend the South, the SEC and everything you can think of about Florida's athletic programs. It's killing him that I was right about their last coach they had to pay off (football) and that we beat them after being down over 20 in the first half of the National Semi-Final in 2014.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
So, maybe he isn't the lock we were hoping for, but Hurley ought to be able to sell UConn over Florida. What can they offer him but another chance to lose to the Huskies in a big game..
Florida has made him a priority. Playing time concerns though! We have more of it to offer with 2 guards graduating and 1 injury question mark.

C

Chief00

Florida has made him a priority. Playing time concerns though! We have more of it to offer with 2 guards graduating and 1 injury question mark.
Gilbert is a tough evaluation. He is such a good kid and he works hard. Will his shoulder ever stabilize and withstand contact? Will his outside shooting improve?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's killing him that I was right about their last coach they had to pay off (football) and that we beat them after being down over 20 in the first half of the National Semi-Final in 2014.

We were never down by 20+ against Florida in that game. We were down 16-4 before we scored 11 straight points, and pretty much never looked back from there.

Reaction Score
It did. We had four points with under 10 minutes left in the half, which is crazy to think about.

By halftime the game was over in the minds of the UF players, you could see it in their eyes and their body language.

Reaction Score
We were never down by 20+ against Florida in that game. We were down 16-4 before we scored 11 straight points, and pretty much never looked back from there.

Well, excuuuuuuuuse me, you're right, but it sure seemed like over 20.
Maybe I was thinking of the UMass game in Hartford in the early 2000's. The highlights of Rashad Anderson's shooting to which someone on this site posted a link this week featured his shots that turned that game around. We couldn't believe how bad the Huskies were in the first half (down 21) and it became 25 in the first couple minutes of the second half.

Reaction Score
... says the guy getting in first with that comment. Different side of the same coin.
Not me. I have full faith that Hurley is gonna get it done. I'm talking about people with the unrealistic expectation that he is going to get every recruit he talks to. Of course that is not possible. Hopefully people will have patience, we have the right guy.

Reaction Score

I could watch that 11-0 run all day with Nantz finally saying "OH MY" after Daniels last 3 on that run - great stuff

Reaction Score
Cue the "Why can't Hurley close" whiners.....

I don't think it's going to be a Hurley closing thing...I think he is still going to have the same problems any coach would have competing against SEC, BIG, and ACC basketball teams what want kids Hurley wants....it's gonna come down to if Hurley can outmessage/outwork those other coaches.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tcf"s vid is one of my favorite ever:

Man I wish someone should have sent this video to Ollie. I wish his teams could have an efficient inside out offense like this.

<pause> What?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think it's going to be a Hurley closing thing...I think he is still going to have the same problems any coach would have competing against SEC, BIG, and ACC basketball teams what want kids Hurley wants....it's gonna come down to if Hurley can outmessage/outwork those other coaches.

It ain't just Hurley. Kimani, Kenya, and Tommy feature prominently.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The handicap i$n’t the conference.

Reaction Score
The handicap i$n’t the conference.

Not saying it is. I just didn't want to list out all the big name schools in those three conferences that Hurley is competing against. Was trying to save myself from writing a long post of school names like Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, Michigan State, etc. etc. Competing against the big time schools is always hard, nevermind if you are a closer or not.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not me. I have full faith that Hurley is gonna get it done. I'm talking about people with the unrealistic expectation that he is going to get every recruit he talks to. Of course that is not possible. Hopefully people will have patience, we have the right guy.
Fair enough. I just didn't want anyone frontrunning their sour voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom