Jalen Gaffney Visiting This Weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney Visiting This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’m guessing the recruiting services haven’t caught up yet. Those numbers are really good, and his teams of interest are really good.

Reaction Score
Hurley is great and may make a difference but AAC vs big east,acc,big ten ...that is the toughest recruiting hurdle.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hurley is great and may make a difference but AAC vs big east,acc,big ten ...that is the toughest recruiting hurdle.
Eh. I don’t think so. Even when we weren’t winning we’re in the big preseason tournaments, big OOC games, playing at MSG, and we were still bringing in recruits. Winning will solve everything going forward

Reaction Score
As I’ve said before, I love this kid’s game. He was top 3 in assists and assist to turnover ratio among PGs at NBA Top 100 camp too.

UAA Stats: 25.6 MPG, 13.9 PPG, 53% FG, 51% 3P on 4.4 3PA/G, 79% FT, 5.6 APG, 3.38 RPG, 1.4 SPG.

Really solid all around stats.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I wouldn't called him undersized. He's listed at 6'2" and 6'3" depending on the site; he's probably pretty right around Jalen's height

Could use another Jalen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s funny how we change coaches and now the recruits are interested in coming to UConn. I bet this will be a quick turn around for us.
Have to wait to until we have commitments, but yeah it is interesting isn't it?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Lots going on behind the scene’s. I have said this numerous times, the primary/top focus is 2019/2020 recruiting.

You also said numerous times that we're not done with our 2018 class... and that's not coming to fruition.
So now you're hedging and saying that the next 2 years of recruiting is a 'top focus' for a new coach with open scholarships. That isn't a bold prediction by any means, it's casual-fan level stuff.

But sure, keep up your circus show of pretending you're plugged in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

True, Hurley doesn't get it, coming from the bright lights of the Atlantic 10. Gonna be a real problem for him after the glitz and glamour of URI.

C

Chief00

You also said numerous times that we're not done with our 2018 class... and that's not coming to fruition.
So now you're hedging and saying that the next 2 years of recruiting is a 'top focus' for a new coach with open scholarships. That isn't a bold prediction by any means, it's casual-fan level stuff.

But sure, keep up your circus show of pretending you're plugged in.

Actually your post is proof of concept of a casual circus show.

There are a lot of moving pieces regarding our 2018 class including academic eligibility of all current players, scholarship availability and fluid assessment of our chances with 2019 targets. The most recent assessment occurred just a few weeks ago with the Heron situation. That’s all I choose to say.

As for focus on 2019 recruiting. I have posted that numerous times over the past two or three months. It’s not a new type post by me. Quite frankly, I don’t know what else to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Actually your post is proof of concept of a casual circus show.

There are a lot of moving pieces regarding our 2018 class including academic eligibility of all current players, scholarship availability and fluid assessment of our chances with 2019 targets. The most recent assessment occurred just a few weeks ago with the Heron situation. That’s all I choose to say.
Careful Chief, gag order.

Reaction Score
What are the odds on an Achiuwa and Gaffney commit this week?

Edit: NVM, saw your other post

Anyone else thinking we may go through the summer without a commit until guys see how we play ball under Hurley?

I'm not saying that is likely at all...just a question.

C

Chief00

UCANN PREDICTION: GAFFNEY IS OUR FIRST 2019 HURLEY SIGNING. FEELING PLEASANT ABOUT THIS ONE!!!!
Wow in capitals - you are wishful thinking, I am sure, the same chain reaction that I am - if this was to be!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
As I’ve said before, I love this kid’s game. He was top 3 in assists and assist to turnover ratio among PGs at NBA Top 100 camp too.

UAA Stats: 25.6 MPG, 13.9 PPG, 53% FG, 51% 3P on 4.4 3PA/G, 79% FT, 5.6 APG, 3.38 RPG, 1.4 SPG.
His intangibles are also off the chart, he's hit multiple game winners, defends like a dog, plays hungry!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Damn, on paper, this kid sounds as good as any other of our targets.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Damn, on paper, this kid sounds as good as any other of our targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom