Jalen Gaffney Visiting This Weekend | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney Visiting This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched some tape on Jalen. Looks 6'o or 6'1, about 160 or so, shoots the ball real well, athletic, lot of versatility when finishing around the hoop, dishes assists, plays the point, very quick, not flashy, solid motor. Kind of makes it look easy. High level baller.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I watched some tape on Jalen. Looks 6'o or 6'1, about 160 or so, shoots the ball real well, athletic, lot of versatility when finishing around the hoop, dishes assists, plays the point, very quick, not flashy, solid motor. Kind of makes it look easy. High level baller.
He grew two inches over the past year. He's a legit 6'2 in shoes and fairly long.

Reaction Score
It’s funny how we change coaches and now the recruits are interested in coming to UConn. I bet this will be a quick turn around for us.
Hurley is really getting after it with recruiting, no doubt about it. I commend him for that and am caustiously optimistic. I am on record as stating recruits won't care about the KO situation. But as that situation gets uglier, I am no longer so sure about that.

Reaction Score
Can you sum up what he said? I’m not a member

Re: UConn

Finally Gaffney saw Connecticut where he got to meet the new coaching staff in Storrs.

“That was also a great trip,” said Gaffney of his time at UConn. “I am impressed with what they are doing with their facilities. The team didn’t do well last year, but they will overachieve this year, and I had a great feel with the coaches. They made me and my family feel at home.”

Says he plans to cut his list after July

Reaction Score
Re: UConn

Finally Gaffney saw Connecticut where he got to meet the new coaching staff in Storrs.

“That was also a great trip,” said Gaffney of his time at UConn. “I am impressed with what they are doing with their facilities. The team didn’t do well last year, but they will overachieve this year, and I had a great feel with the coaches. They made me and my family feel at home.”

Says he plans to cut his list after July
Without sharing any more of the article did his comments re: UConn sound any more positive than other teams? Sometimes (not always) that can be a good tell....

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Without sharing any more of the article did his comments re: UConn sound any more positive than other teams? Sometimes (not always) that can be a good tell....
That's about as good as it gets with a post visit statement. I suspect we will be making his final list.

Reaction Score

Synopsis of his comments on each other visit:

Virginia Tech - isolated campus but traditional college feel + new facilities

Louisville - spends a lot of money on basketball and staff is selling him as next Louisville guard (ala Donovan Mitchell)

Xavier - small campus but exciting atmosphere, a lot of love from staff

Pitt - city campus that he liked a lot and “can see himself there”, also likes their strong business and medical schools

I would say his comments on Pitt sounded most positive, but just my reading of very short tidbits of info

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Pitt’s campus is a dump. While visiting friends there I’ve been robbed at knife point, had my car broken into, had my car towed, and witnessed a raid on a crack den.

They didn’t even live in the worst area of campus, either. Pitt is trash.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Pitt’s campus is a dump. While visiting friends there I’ve been robbed at knife point, had my car broken into, had my car towed, and witnessed a raid on a crack den.

They didn’t even live in the worst area of campus, either. Pitt is trash.
Maybe it's your friends. Was your visit official or unofficial?

Sounds like he found something to like in all three Ohio River cities. Makes me like him more.

Reaction Score
I’m assuming that was Club Erotica haha.

Pittsburgh is amazing. Born and raised, minus a detour to Storrs, but Pitt’s campus is utter trash.

Someplace in McKees Rocks or something like that. Dancing on cafeteria tables and a keg in the basement.

I love Pittsburgh though. Fantastic town.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Someplace in McKees Rocks or something like that. Dancing on cafeteria tables and a keg in the basement.

I love Pittsburgh though. Fantastic town.

Haha yep, that’s Erotica. It’s mob owned and McKees Rocks isn’t exactly a fantastic area...Blush is the preferred destination

Reaction Score

I don’t have the paid subscription to be able to read the entire article but the headline says it all. Gaffney using his first official for Florida.

Reaction Score

I don’t have the paid subscription to be able to read the entire article but the headline says it all. Gaffney using his first official for Florida.

Interesting that Florida is in the mix. Didn't they bring in two PGs in the 2018 class that will be there at least a couple years?

Reaction Score
Interesting that Florida is in the mix. Didn't they bring in two PGs in the 2018 class that will be there at least a couple years?
Nembhard is a PG, but Locke is a SG. They should be an awesome backcourt, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom