Jalen Carey | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it helping? Losing hurts teams trying to recruit high level talent, it's another thing Ollie needs to explain to recruits who may have that question.
It's definitely not helping I agree with you there. But UCONN'S "losing" season is not that simple. Our injuries have been nationally reported on and acknowledged. Recruits know we've be decimated by injuries.

Reaction Score
It already lost us Diallo and others, if you want to believe all is fine with recruiting I'm not going to try and stop you.
It did not lose us Diallo. Lol. Even if we were undefeated right now I still think Diallo would have chose kentucky. He wanted that stage. And UCONN and every college program besides Duke can't provide the stage and exposure Kentucky can. Once cal decided he wanted him we were toast

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Just passing on what i heard. Do not care if you call it BS or think it is made up.
I know that, it's more of an inside reference to my recent comment regarding conference affiliation that "perception is everything", to which 77 claimed this concept is fictional. Wasn't really meant to be a direct quote to you.

Reaction Score
It already lost us Diallo and others, if you want to believe all is fine with recruiting I'm not going to try and stop you.

Yea, I have no doubt that Diallo would be a Husky if this team was ranked something like #17 right now. Can't disagree on this. I am just more concerned about our conference and to an extent our coach than whatever is being fed to some recruit. I guess you can say that I am more concerned with the fact that what is saying is true, rather than the fact that it is being said, if that makes sense.

Reaction Score
It did not lose us Diallo. Lol. Even if we were undefeated right now I still think Diallo would have chose kentucky. He wanted that stage. And UCONN and every college program besides Duke can't provide the stage and exposure Kentucky can. Once cal decided he wanted him we were toast
Actually it did, my guy told me Diallo was a UConn lock, all but signed until we were really awful and Calipari snaked him.

Reaction Score
Actually it did, my guy told me Diallo was a UConn lock, all but signed until we were really awful and Calipari snaked him.
I heard he was a lock too. I rode the ship til it sunk. But the way he chose kentucky I just feel like he wanted that all along. It's irrelevant because I have no proof. So I'll give you that one

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Is it helping? Losing hurts teams trying to recruit high level talent, it's another thing Ollie needs to explain to recruits who may have that question.
Naturally and KO has a legit excuse though. The team hasn't quit so there's that at least.

Plenty of teams have seasons with a way worse track record and situation than ours and still can pull in recruits. It will be more challenging coming off this kind of season but if anyone can out-recruit those negative whispers it's KO.

The sky isn't falling

Reaction Score
I know that, it's more of an inside reference to my recent comment regarding conference affiliation that "perception is everything", to which 77 claimed this concept is fictional. Wasn't really meant to be a direct quote to you.

The idea that conference affiliation is meaningless hurt my brain.

Reaction Score
Some people don't want to admit some pretty obvious things that are going on. If some want to continue with idiotic stuff like our conference affiliation has no bearing on our recruiting and prestige as a program or having a terrible season has no bearing on those things there is no sense in discussing things further.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Some people don't want to admit some pretty obvious things that are going on. If some want to continue with idiotic stuff like our conference affiliation has no bearing on our recruiting and prestige as a program or having a terrible season has no bearing on those things there is no sense in discussing things further.
I agree with the above, but don't agree with that we're "farked" as you put it earlier.

KO has the talent to right the ship, he's just got to pony up and deliver going forward.

Reaction Score
What did your guy say regarding the fact that Diallo had been recruiting Bamba to Kentucky for awhile even when everyone thought he was coming here? Those are Bamba's words.

C

Chief00

That's why you get guys to commit early. Lesson learned. And to all the wise men who said we wouldn't miss Bunkey?

Reaction Score
Hearing they want to seal the deal before a uk unc ku like school grabs him. Also heard some 2017 talk but that may be rumor.

Overall i am hearing a real change in ollie recruiting tone. He was the not pushy, nice guy with Christian background. Hearing after the hami loss that has changed. More pitbull like most

If you ain't pulling the terminal cancer card, you ain't tryin'

Reaction Score
It's definitely not helping I agree with you there. But UCONN'S "losing" season is not that simple. Our injuries have been nationally reported on and acknowledged. Recruits know we've be decimated by injuries.

The problem remains the losses and record before the injuries, including the sub 150- 200 teams we barely beat like LMU and the ones we lost to like Wagner and Northeastern. As much as I hate to admit, holding up our record up in AAC conference as 6/7 in this league, going on 3 seasons in a row, doesn't help in dispel the criticism and narrative. I think the injuries help provide our program some cover, but there was a negative narrative building before the injuries. And yes, probably unfairly because we were at such a high water mark, that the fall generates greater negative emphasis than would be case with an average program.

Reaction Score
Your prior comments were about how public perception impacts the decisions of the NCAA tournament committee. Now you're trying to pretend like those comments were about high school recruiting? Brutal as always.

Reaction Score

As early as last season, long before the summer, when people were saying Diallo was a lock, people from Diallo's camp were saying, "No way, he is not." In fact, he was very interested in Kentucky already then. There was a disconnect somewhere. In fact, you'll find the threads here celebrating Diallo's silent commitment, which were quickly countered by Diallo's people.

What you have here is that Diallo told something to UConn people and they believed it, but it was never true. I've seen this play out the exact same way elsewhere.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Couple things...if Diallo didn't choose UConn because of our team this yr...he's a moron. The team next yr is loaded with or without him. If the idea was to play this yr, he'd get all the minutes he wants and would still get to show what he's got.
I don't think that's the issue. I think it's one of 2 things.
1. He declares and goes pro. He'll practice against UK guys and make the big splash etc.
2. Quade Green convinced him to come to UK.

Just the way guys are. Russell Westbrook is a throwback and he's great for it. He wants to beat you on his own. Not join up and make superpowers like Lebron/Wade/Bosh or Curry/Durant/Thompson/Green etc.

Anyway...can we drop the HD stuff now? Jalen Carey anyone?

Reaction Score
That's why you get guys to commit early. Lesson learned. And to all the wise men who said we wouldn't miss Bunkey?

and yet UConn has recruited kids hard, battled to the end and landed them in the past.

Would you have them give up on Daniel Hamilton? Makai A-L? Ryan Boatright? Jeremy Lamb? Roscoe Smith? Stanley Robinson? Jerome Dyson? Andrew Bynum? Rudy Gay?

All these guys were fall or later commits.

Reaction Score
Yea, I have no doubt that Diallo would be a Husky if this team was ranked something like #17 right now. Can't disagree on this. I am just more concerned about our conference and to an extent our coach than whatever is being fed to some recruit. I guess you can say that I am more concerned with the fact that what is saying is true, rather than the fact that it is being said, if that makes sense.
Didn't you post prior to the season even starting that you had a "source" that said he was never coming here?

Reaction Score
Many of you have "connections" out there, but I honestly do not remember Diallo ever saying anything more positive about us than "UConn is recruiting me hard" and "I've been to the campus" a lot. Every single time someone would ask him about us leading, he would immediately shoot it down. So whatever the "experts" heard seems to be purely conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom