Jalen Carey | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

Love this kid, lock him up. Kid is already physical and could add a good amount of muscle still. Looks to be long and fast, glad to see the jumper coming in too. Could see him rising up the lists if he keeps the assists up at his height.

Edit - No reclass talk here right?

Last edited:
H

huskymagic

I said it early this is the guy I want as our 2018 point guard target. He's much better than Ayala with more upside. Good to see the staff making him a priority. The kid is a baller.

Reaction Score
Credit to @husky99 who said a month ago the staff had fallen in love with this kid.

Hearing they want to seal the deal before a uk unc ku like school grabs him. Also heard some 2017 talk but that may be rumor.

Overall i am hearing a real change in ollie recruiting tone. He was the not pushy, nice guy with Christian background. Hearing after the hami loss that has changed. More pitbull like most

Reaction Score
Hearing they want to seal the deal before a uk unc ku like school grabs him. Also heard some 2017 talk but that may be rumor.

Overall i am hearing a real change in ollie recruiting tone. He was the not pushy, nice guy with Christian background. Hearing after the hami loss that has changed. More pitbull like most
You like our chances?

Reaction Score
Need pitbull....explains whiff on Abu, Stone, Hami, and possibly Reeves...

Recruitment is not always a nice guy game. Need to close!

Any chance Killingly is part pit bull? How is this one looking, kid says "they just want me to commit" Don't know what "just" means here?

C

Chief00

They're taking advice from Chief and just going for the Close.

Music to my ears - pit bull close em out! No more wasting time with class schedules and course catalogs. Calipari has a way of disgusting the "religious" man and transforming him into a mean . I love that transformation. JC would be proud.

I remember the last Louisville game at Gampel and I yelled every off color thing I could think of at Pitino about his waitress incident, etc - without using profanity - and still as I was leaving a middle age woman in my row complained and told me not to return. Funny thing of course I returned and never saw that woman again.

My point is you fight fire with fire - the Glen Miller approach just doesn't work of investing time being seen for a couple years while fantasizing about the perfect Ivy League type class schedule for the recruit. It wastes a lot of time and accomplishes little.

Reaction Score
Any chance Killingly is part pit bull? How is this one looking, kid says "they just want me to commit" Don't know what "just" means here?

Doesn't sound good.

May be in for a tough year.

Reaction Score
You like our chances?

I don't like our chances with anybody right now since the hami disaster . When talking to people I'm not getting much excitement around UConn. Top tier kids don't want to play in the AAC and I've heard a lot of negative around Ollie's coaching from a few sources. There is a lot of negative recruiting toward UConn

Reaction Score
I don't like our chances with anybody right now since the hami disaster . When talking to people I'm not getting much excitement around UConn. Top tier kids don't want to play in the AAC and I've heard a lot of negative around Ollie's coaching from a few sources. There is a lot of negative recruiting toward UConn
What about his coaching ?

Reaction Score
Lack of development by players is what I heard

People will say anything. It's a tough game. They used to bag on Calhoun for all sorts of negative stuff. Remember Harkless? Anyway, Ollie has developed players, but they can use this season against him, and they will.

So get people who can help you down the road, turn the ship around, and you're good.

You don't have to hit a home run in recruiting every year (they they do desperately need a big man).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom