Jalen Carey top six coming out tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey top six coming out tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Is he a true point guard? His stats seem to suggest he's a 2 guard, but that's just going off his EYBL season. No reason why we can't develop him as a 1, but I would've guessed he's better suited for the 2

He's like Jalen Adams, a scorer whose career path is as a point guard. Jalen's growth should help us here.

Reaction Score
I'm curious if UConn ever discussed a 3-guard lineup with Carey when it came to their recruiting.

We've opined that one particular option to the starting lineup is to have Alterique, Adams and Vital start. If Uconn is thinking about going that route, then that could be a good bargaining chip for Carey, knowing that in 18-19, he would be at worst the 4th guard with Anderson graduating with the potential of starting right away if Adams leaves for the draft.

Either way, I'm glad to see UConn in the top-6!

Reaction Score
I'm curious if UConn ever discussed a 3-guard lineup with Carey when it came to their recruiting.

We've opined that one particular option to the starting lineup is to have Alterique, Adams and Vital start. If Uconn is thinking about going that route, then that could be a good bargaining chip for Carey, knowing that in 18-19, he would be at worst the 4th guard with Anderson graduating with the potential of starting right away if Adams leaves for the draft.

Either way, I'm glad to see UConn in the top-6!

I hope we don't need to go to the 3 guard line up all that much because we won't rebound the ball, but it is an option which will always be there when you have good depth in the backcourt. Never know though, need some people to step up for sure.

Reaction Score
Our staff has a 13-year NBA point guard, a top college point guard, and a coach known for coaching up point guards including Isaiah Thomas and Markelle Fultz. We have only one returning point guard who will be two years ahead of Carey, and we play two point guard lineups. If we can't reel him in then there's something wrong.

None of this seemed to have any impact on the Mathis kid. Maybe not as important as we seem to think it is.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
IMG_1819.JPG
Call me when he commits.
"Can whoever's typing please mute their line? Thanks"

"Hey John, I think you're on mute. John, John"

"Oh, sorry I was muted"

We play this occasionally

Reaction Score
Based on following the trends, me thinks Syracuse is due. St. John's, Rutgers and now another x-Big East team is due to steal a recruit in a tight race.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Can everyone go on mute is really a thing?

Here is conference call etiquette:

1. Call in on time and say your name but don't yell it.
2. After you call in put yourself on mute immediately if it isn't your meeting.
3. Only un-mute yourself if you are speaking.
4. Don't say thanks at the end of the call just drop, no one cares.
5. If you call in late don't say your name, it will beep anyway. If the host really cares they'll ask "I heard a beep, who just joined." It isn't your meeting to interrupt.

This my friends is how you don't act like an idiot in a conference call.

pj

Reaction Score
Here is conference call etiquette:

1. Call in on time and say your name but don't yell it.
2. After you call in put yourself on mute immediately if it isn't your meeting.
3. Only un-mute yourself if you are speaking.
4. Don't say thanks at the end of the call just drop, no one cares.
5. If you call in late don't say your name, it will beep anyway. If the host really cares they'll ask "I heard a beep, who just joined." It isn't your meeting to interrupt.

This my friends is how you don't act like an idiot in a conference call.

If anyone should know conference call etiquette, it's a Polycom speakerphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom