Jalen Carey top six coming out tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey top six coming out tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nova recruits Jersey really well. I'd be most worried about them.

Jay Wright is trouble in this one that's who I'm most nervous about. Saw him under the hoop in a couple highlights he stuck out like a sore thumb and he's not afraid to use the "weaknesses" of his opponents as his strength.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright is trouble in this one that's who I'm most nervous about. Saw him under the hoop in a couple highlights he stuck out like a sore thumb and he's not afraid to use the "weaknesses" of his opponents as his strength.
Nova will already have 3 guard commits by the time Carey is ready to commit at least

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'd guess @husky99 is correct, without knowing details.

I'm assuming KU would be great for him, but he's nowhere near their main target.

Reaction Score
Our staff has a 13-year NBA point guard, a top college point guard, and a coach known for coaching up point guards including Isaiah Thomas and Markelle Fultz. We have only one returning point guard who will be two years ahead of Carey, and we play two point guard lineups. If we can't reel him in then there's something wrong.
There is always James Akinjo, He's probably in the bag.

Reaction Score
I agree, but it's the AAC at this point. It's a wasteland

Our staff has a 13-year NBA point guard, a top college point guard, and a coach known for coaching up point guards including Isaiah Thomas and Markelle Fultz. We have only one returning point guard who will be two years ahead of Carey, and we play two point guard lineups. If we can't reel him in then there's something wrong.

Reaction Score
Kansas has Charlie Moore for the next three years. Malik Newman too. I don't see Carey being a priority for them.

Reaction Score
I'd worry about the Cuse and Miami in Jalen Carey's recruitment. The fact that he has the Orange front and center is probably not a coincidence either.

Kansas is not seriously recruiting Carey and he is not really that into them just using them for exposure.

Reaction Score
Damn does he look good in a husky uniform. This one will come down to us and Cuse. This class would be complete with Carey, Akinjo, and Carrigan. Throw in Nolley and it's a great class.

Reaction Score
Well, it will be refreshing to have a coaches' age used against somebody else for once in a recruitment. Boehiem would essentially be 74 by the time Carey plays a game for them and by all indications the kid looks like a 3-4 year player. The list of guys who have coached beyond 75 is what?

Reaction Score
Kansas has Charlie Moore for the next three years. Malik Newman too. I don't see Carey being a priority for them.

I agree . Casey is plan C for ku. But at this time it could easily pushes us out of the lead. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
I asked him when he thought he'd commit he said, "before the start of my senior season". Asked him about Ollie, "that's my guy he's super cool, like super cool".
Thats all the information I was able to gather
(Via Instagram Live)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I hope we can convince this kid to come to Uconn to be the first great guard ever in a husky uniform. Maybe we can pretend we haven't been to the NCAA tourney in 30 years and sell him on being our saviour to pull our program out of the ashes. #UConnRising
If that's what RU is telling kids, good for them. Seems to work.

Reaction Score
Not only would he fit our program like a glove it may be the best situation for him in terms of playing time, scheme, and coaches in the building that specialize in turning out NBA caliber point guards. Nobody else on his list gives him all that. As for us, he appears to be the type of guy other recruits would like to play with so if he signs, he can be a program changer/booster whatever you want to call it and it would be Huge for him, for KO and for UConn.

Reaction Score
Not only would he fit our program like a glove it may be the best situation for him in terms of playing time, scheme, and coaches in the building that specialize in turning out NBA caliber point guards. Nobody else on his list gives him all that. As for us, he appears to be the type of guy other recruits would like to play with so if he signs, he can be a program changer/booster whatever you want to call it and it would be Huge for him, for KO and for UConn.

Is he a true point guard? His stats seem to suggest he's a 2 guard, but that's just going off his EYBL season. No reason why we can't develop him as a 1, but I would've guessed he's better suited for the 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom