Jalen Carey on campus today (6/27) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey on campus today (6/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Larrier said on his Instagram live during the draft that this would be the last NBA draft he watched on tv...count on it. Guess we will wait and see.
I know what your referring to. I took it as he's motivated to be in the league this time next yr. He's confident in the season he thinks he'll have. I hope he is right

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Larrier had terrible averages at VCU, he was playing above that in his few games.

Reaction Score
Larrier and Purvis are kinda in the same position but RP wasn't a legitimate draft prospect. Even if TL is projected to be a 2nd rounder, I fully expect him to go pro. He was mocked into this past 1st round before last season. His stock is lower post ACL but there is a lot to like as a prospect and he will rebound his status with good play.

Reaction Score
Seems like Carey is ranked right around 80. Do we know what's separating him from being top 20-30 like many of the guards we've been targeting? Or is he due for a bump?

I've never seen him play.

Reaction Score
Seems like Carey is ranked right around 80. Do we know what's separating him from being top 20-30 like many of the guards we've been targeting? Or is he due for a bump?

I've never seen him play.
ESPN has him at 55 as of last week.

He's one of the better scoring guards in the class, but his passing/distributing is not where you'd expect a starting PG's to be, and this is his first summer where he had a strong 3P%.

Reaction Score
Larrier said on his Instagram live during the draft that this would be the last NBA draft he watched on tv...count on it. Guess we will wait and see.

Well he must have a really optimistic view of how he's going to play this year. But don't get me wrong, I don't blame him for wanting to go pro after all he's been through and having to sit out for two years.

Reaction Score
ESPN has him at 55 as of last week.

He's one of the better scoring guards in the class, but his passing/distributing is not where you'd expect a starting PG's to be, and this is his first summer where he had a strong 3P%.

Ok good to know. I've just been watching highlights...

Seems to me like if he can keep his 3 point shooting up he could end up one of the top guards in the class. His athleticism might be a little suspect though. He doesn't exactly get up like a lot of 6'4 scorers were seeing. Really skinny too. 175 at 6'4 yikes.

But 18 ppg on 44% from deep speak for themselves.

I also like that he uses both hands finishing. No mid range game yet? Handle is a tad loose, some thing like jalens.

People at this age said Jalen couldn't pass either. Last season he was one of the best distributors in the country. Sometimes kids just need to become familiar with teammates and a system to figure it out.

Sign him up!

Reaction Score
CV said the same as well. Just implying a "work mans attitude" as the great Niels Giffey once said.

Reaction Score
Getting back to Carey.. If there was "good news to be coming" I'd be so excited i would completely forget about everything bad thats happened the last two years.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Watching drafts is about as boring as TV can get. Larrier finally realized it.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I think there's only a small chance Larrier leaves after this season. He hasn't played in basketball games (besides a few) in over 2 years. There's no buzz about him right now and I think it's going to take him a while to get going. So unless he just tears it up and takes UConn on a good run at the end of the season I think he's off the NBA's radar. It's obviously possible he leaves for the NBA after the upcoming season but I don't think it's probable.
Kobi Simmons left and was on no ones radar...

Sometimes these kids just want to be paid NBA or otherwise. Larrier will be age wise a senior and likely will not want to put off a paycheck for another year even if it's in Turkish lira

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
L
Kobi Simmons left and was on no ones radar...

Sometimes these kids just want to be paid NBA or otherwise. Larrier will be age wise a senior and likely will not want to put off a paycheck for another year even if it's in Turkish lira
Kobi Simmons immediately signed a summer contract with Memphis. He's probably got an NBA future regardless of when he left.

Reaction Score
L
Kobi Simmons immediately signed a summer contract with Memphis. He's probably got an NBA future regardless of when he left.

A summer contract is very meaningless and means nothing. Simmons has a huge uphill battle to ever stick. Kid is going to have to develop in the G League, or overseas, if he wants a sniff.

Reaction Score
I feel like larrier is in a similar position to purvis after a few years in storrs, good player but not nearly the prospect that they were once touted as. He is coming off a major knee surgery that usually changes the direction of a players career. Adams is the guy who is most likely the leave, he's going to have a monster year next season. So Carey is 100% crucial

How can you possibly say this.

Purvis - and I love RP - peaked athletically at like 14. He was far superior to his peers. And that's why he was a McDonalds AA. And sought. But his physical capacity and strength was not hoop exceptionalism. We've seen this before. (Like Rashamel Jones)

Larrier? Just not the same. Not the same dynamic at all.

pj

Reaction Score
What are you talking about? All the 28 year old men with children party with 17 year olds. I do it all the time ;)

Yes. Partying with the girl's team, creepy. Partying with the boy's team, de rigueur. But casual fans don't appreciate the ins and outs of recruiting.

Reaction Score
Watching drafts is about as boring as TV can get. Larrier finally realized it.

Respectfully disagree. I understand that the coverage and over analyzing can be a bit much, but I wouldn't trade the NFL draft for any other sporting event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom