Jalen Adams haters where you at? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams haters where you at?

Reaction Score
It's funny. There are haters and then there are people on the complete other end of the spectrum who anoint a guy like Adams as one of the best all time Huskies because of a decent game.

Reaction Score
It's funny. There are haters and then there are people on the complete other end of the spectrum who anoint a guy like Adams as one of the best all time Huskies because of a decent game.
Funny 11th on career points and 9th in assists pretty darn good.
'Adams' career point total of 1,672 ranks 11th on UConn's all-time scoring list and second all-time among American Conference players. His 503 assists rank ninth at UConn and fourth all-time in the AAC.'

Reaction Score
No Jalen haters to be found after today's performance.

As bad as the program has been the past few years, it would have been way worse without this kid. Not in game shape today yet he ran the offense unbelievably well.

12 assists and 1 TO.
He didn't have an outstanding day shooting(was a bit passive), but got Carlton and Polley going by setting them up with great looks. He had 2 or 3 NBA caliber assists in transition too.

Hoping Adams keeps it going and Gilbert can come back for the AAC tourney... You never know what could happen.

Anyone need a reminder of how important Jalen is? A picture says 1,000 words. View attachment 40764
He could have shut himself down, getting ready for hi pro career. Showed heart and courage to come back and play.

Reaction Score
Funny 11th on career points and 9th in assists pretty darn good.
'Adams' career point total of 1,672 ranks 11th on UConn's all-time scoring list and second all-time among American Conference players. His 503 assists rank ninth at UConn and fourth all-time in the AAC.'

Some of that is due to being a 4 year player. Caron Butler is #40 on the all-time scoring list. Would you take Caron or Adams?

Reaction Score
Scoring - 5 ahead of him were 4 year athletes and assists - 6 ahead of him were 4 year athletes- so I repeat pretty good considering the cast of characters he played with.
Curious where you rank Jalen as an all-time Husky?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams should be better than he is. It seems like saying that makes someone a hater. He also hasn’t been the leader he’s needed to be. It’s not like he’s a bad player, he just had the potential to be more than he became here.
That's sort of disingenuous. I think everyone agrees that he should be better than he is.
The haters are the ones who say they are done with Jalen Adams and "ready to move on from the Jalen Adams era" and don't want to see him play anymore, even though we are a superior team with him vs. without him.

Reaction Score
Scoring - 5 ahead of him were 4 year athletes and assists - 6 ahead of him were 4 year athletes- so I repeat pretty good considering the cast of characters he played with.

And I repeat, Caron Butler is 40th in scoring.

Reaction Score
Curious where you rank Jalen as an all-time Husky?
Under the circumstances he played with - losing seasons, major injuries, losing players, coaching changes - he stayed and did all he could for this University. All-Time Husky status isn't all about stats, wins and losses. It is about your loyalty and dedication esp when times are tough.
I use the same criteria for all time fans - when people turn off a game because we're losing that's not being an all time fan - that is fair weather fan and in my view that doesn't cut it.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
One of the first times I've seen JA make all of his teammates better on the court, I'm still ready to move on from the Jalen Adams era but I love the heart he has shown the past few weeks on the bench and playing yesterday
You shouldn't be ready to "move on from the Jalen Adams era". That's pretty disrespectful to Jalen.
You are ready to move on from the KO era and the era of losing.
Despite his flaws, he has personally brought far more good to this program than bad. He happened to join at the wrong time in our program's history. I don't understand how some of you people don't see that or appreciate that.

Reaction Score
And I repeat, Caron Butler is 40th in scoring.
In evaluating a players value there are many factors. Is Jalen more talented player than Caron - no, is he as bad as people say - another no. FYI - at least historically for UConn teams point guard have not usually been called on to be the team's leading scorer - 2 guards, wings and forwards have traditionally played that role. So when trying to compare Caron to Jalen it is like apples to oranges, roles differed, surrounding players differed.

Reaction Score
Under the circumstances he played with - losing seasons, major injuries, losing players, coaching changes - he stayed and did all he could for this University. All-Time Husky status isn't all about stats, wins and losses. It is about your loyalty and dedication esp when times are tough.
I use the same criteria for all time fans - when people turn off a game because we're losing that's not being an all time fan - that is fair weather fan and in my view that doesn't cut it.
Where do you rank him as an all-time Husky? Olander stayed through the turmoil and won 2 championships, I think he did all he could for the University but he isn't high on my all-time list.

I'm even more curious now after your last post about Jalen and Caron.

Reaction Score
Yes, and it's pretty easy to tell the difference. There's been plenty of both here as it pertains to Adams.
Yeahhhhh, not so easy. Unless you are talking about stuff like "he is too much of a perfectionist".

Reaction Score
Yeahhhhh, not so easy. Unless you are talking about stuff like "he is too much of a perfectionist".

I'd call B.S. on you and leave it at that, but

(after a poor game) "That was his A game. He's just not that good"
"He's improved at one thing -- lazy passes over the middle that get picked off"
"(we are better) with Adams not playing at all" -- how'd that one work out?

We've had posters say straight up that they wish he were not here.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

There’s been much worse said in since-deleted threads as well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Where do you rank him as an all-time Husky? Olander stayed through the turmoil and won 2 championships, I think he did all he could for the University but he isn't high on my all-time list.

I'm even more curious now after your last post about Jalen and Caron.

Just had to go and drag (the great?) Tyler Olander's name through the mud, didn't you? Remember, 2>1 and that 1 is in the HOF.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

I didn't say he's one of the best all-time huskies. I don't see anyone in this thread saying that or 'anointing' him. So I'm not really sure what your point is.

The simple fact is this... Jalen is very wrongly maligned here on the boneyard because he's had to deal with awful circumstances and a down-turn in the program. From piss-poor coaching to lack of talent around him due to chronically injured teammates, transfers, etc... Jalen has endured a lot.

Could he have conducted himself better, been a better leader, and played better in certain games? Sure. But the vitriol he's received here was undeserved for a kid who dedicated 4 years to this university.

I know we all feel the program was in a terrible state during his time here, but try to comprehend how much WORSE it would have been if he decided to leave at any time. He didn't leave.

I think seeing the team without Jalen opened some eyes to how little talent he had around him. Everyone should gain some appreciation for the kid, what he brings to the table, and his dedication for sticking around. Instead, certain posters here love to concentrate on the negative things that happened during his time in the program. In reality, he's a good kid and a very talented player, but the deck was stacked against him and he was dealt a bad hand.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I didn't say he's one of the best all-time huskies. I don't see anyone in this thread saying that or 'anointing' him. So I'm not really sure what your point is.

The simple fact is this... Jalen is very wrongly maligned here on the boneyard because he's had to deal with awful circumstances and a down-turn in the program. From piss-poor coaching to lack of talent around him due to chronically injured teammates, transfers, etc... Jalen has endured a lot.

Could he have conducted himself better, been a better leader, and played better in certain games? Sure. But the vitriol he's received here was undeserved for a kid who dedicated 4 years to this university.

I know we all feel the program was in a terrible state during his time here, but try to comprehend how much WORSE it would be if he had decided to leave at any time. He didn't leave.

I think seeing the team without Jalen opened some eyes to how little talent he had around him. Everyone should gain some appreciation for the kid, what he brings to the table, and his dedication for sticking around. Instead, certain posters here love to concentrate on the negative things that happened in the program while he was here, when in reality, he's a good kid and the deck was stacked against him.
This x1000.
Take notes, strawmen. And haters. Exam tomorrow.

Reaction Score

Sure, you can point to extremes but what about the more subtle criticisms? I have seen people get jumped on for some tame stuff. For example, let's talk about the ECU win. Turns out that the winning margin is exactly what the Sagarin power ratings would have predicted. That prediction is based on power ratings which are a reflection of the entire season to date, including all of the games Adams missed. The team didn't suddenly play way better with Adams. It was pretty similar to what we have seen all year, with and without him. Am I saying we play better without him? No. I am saying we were about the same. We appeared to be playing a little worse without him but not by much. So I guess I am saying that we are not much better with him. Does THAT make me a hater? You will probably say no, now, but that is because you want to be right on this debate. If I said it immediately after the ECU game, I would have gotten roasted for it. I will throw another thing out there. Just before the start of the season we started to get some reports on how players were doing with the new trainer. Some of those reports were not glowing. Jalen was one guy who did not show up in better condition than he was at the end of last season. Does it make one a hater to question his off-season dedication to improving his body?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Turns out that the winning margin is exactly what the Sagarin power ratings would have predicted. That prediction is based on power ratings which are a reflection of the entire season to date, including all of the games Adams missed. The team didn't suddenly play way better with Adams. It was pretty similar to what we have seen all year, with and without him. Am I saying we play better without him? No. I am saying we were about the same.

Sagarin is not the be all/end all. We notched our first road win on the season. A bunch of individual players looked better. The team play looked better.

And no, I'm not overly excited about beating ECU. They stink. But it's nice to see the guys actually play team basketball.

We appeared to be playing a little worse without him but not by much. So I guess I am saying that we are not much better with him. Does THAT make me a hater?

I mean, we were 1-7 without him. And looked like a mess. How is that about the same?

Watching those 8 games, it's quite clear we are a substantially better team with Jalen. We simply don't have enough weapons without him.

If we didn't have Jalen, we probably would have lost by 10.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom