Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 68 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am in total agreement that JA will be a stud for us but that highlight video doesn't do much outside of demonstrate his great athleticism. It's like the opposing team wasn't even trying to play defense.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I am in total agreement that JA will be a stud for us but that highlight video doesn't do much outside of demonstrate his great athleticism. It's like the opposing team wasn't even trying to play defense.
Well when you're that nice...

Reaction Score
The thing that is really is exciting is yea he's skilled, can pass and shoot. In addition to all of that, he effortlessly gets up for those dunks. I mean it doesnt even look like he is trying, its just oh ok, let me dunk this. He's going to bring us some real excitement!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kemba came in pretty polished. I think he was top 15 in his class if I'm not mistaken. But It's good to know that our program is back to where it was where even top 25 recruits are coming off the bench (ala 2009 with Kemba).

Pretty sure Kemba was in the 25-35 bracket, no?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Also, both of them backed up top caliber PGs in their time. Kemba plays behind AJ and and Bazz behind Kemba. The best thing for JA is to sit behind Gibbs and LEARN. That is how we create amazing guards, they don't come in this way.

This is definitely huge. This is one of the things that hurt Taliek. I think he's the only frosh to have to come in and start from day one*. I think it hurt him from a fan support perspective too; once you get on somebody's bad side, it's much tougher to win them over.

*maybe Chris Smith too? Don't remember that far.

Reaction Score
This is definitely huge. This is one of the things that hurt Taliek. I think he's the only frosh to have to come in and start from day one*. I think it hurt him from a fan support perspective too; once you get on somebody's bad side, it's much tougher to win them over.

*maybe Chris Smith too? Don't remember that far.
That's true, Taliek was a 'loner'. Four years later there was not another point guard I wanted to take into the Final Four. I knew against dook with him starting we would win (four year starting point guard). I had no doubt, he knew what JC wanted done.

He started as a Private but ended as a General.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's true, Taliek was a 'loner'. Four years later there was not another point guard I wanted to take into the Final Four. I knew against dook with him starting we would win (four year starting point guard). I had no doubt, he knew what JC wanted done.

Posted this on another thread, but it seems Calhoun agrees with that assessment:

Taliek Brown is the next guy I'd love to see get into college coaching, because he's done a good job in high school ... He's trying to. We've talked a lot. He's been up to camp working. He's a great teacher. I always say the best (leaders) I ever had were 1. Kemba Walker and maybe 1a. or 2., would have to be Taliek. They played with great joy."

Reaction Score

I love Taliek but we almost lost that Duke game because of him.

Reaction Score
So excited about this kid and feel like ricky and KO can make him a superstar!!! he is like sticks athletically for his size but he sees the floor so well and seems to create contact like Kembazz!!
love it great job staff...

Reaction Score
I choose to forget that fact, please John there are a lot of newbies here (post 2004). Some historical facts are 'unimportant' and best forgotten.

Not easy to forget that game and the TO's but okay we'll try! ;)

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
What's most important is that he works on his jumper coming into the season. That's been a work in progress.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not easy to forget that game and the TO's but okay we'll try! ;)

What's seven turnovers between friends?

What a ducking game, btw. 75-67 will forever be etched in my memory. Rashad's 3 was HUGE.

Also, this is hilarious:

"I just saw this orange object floating in the air, and it said
`Grab me," Okafor said. "I grabbed it, spun, saw the rim,
thought it would be a good idea to put it in, and that's what I
did."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What's seven turnovers between friends?

What a ing game, btw. 75-67 will forever be etched in my memory. Rashad's 3 was HUGE.

Also, this is hilarious:

"I just saw this orange object floating in the air, and it said
`Grab me," Okafor said. "I grabbed it, spun, saw the rim,
thought it would be a good idea to put it in, and that's what I
did."

When Rashad spotted up from 3, I remember thinking "if he misses this, it's going to be really, really difficult to come back." Luckily he made it, because he always made the big 3 when we needed it, and the rest was history.

Reaction Score
What bazz and kemba turned into was something I don't think anyone saw coming.
JC did. Although I don't have quotes ready, I remember him saying at the beginning of their respective freshman years that they would be great.

Reaction Score
When Rashad spotted up from 3, I remember thinking "if he misses this, it's going to be really, really difficult to come back." Luckily he made it, because he always made the big 3 when we needed it, and the rest was history.

IIRC, we had something like 12 straight possessions go right (stops and scores) to go from an 8-point deficit to a 4-point lead.
1) stop
2) Rashad 3; 75-70
3) stop
4) BG fouled in transition, 2 FTs; 75-72
5) stop
6) Okafor turnaround on the baseline for 2; 75-74
7) stop
8) Okafor lay-in after Boone kept the rebound alive; 76-75
9) stop (K whines that Redick got fouled)
10) Rashad, 2 FTs; 78-75
11) stop (Redick bricks a near-wide-open 3)
12) Okafor, 1/2 FTs; 79-75
[Duhon blows up Las Vegas with a meaningless, cover-switching 40-footer at the buzzer; 79-78]

We went 12/12 on those possessions in terms of getting the outcome we needed. If we go 11/12, the game is a coin toss; 10/12, we lose.

Reaction Score
This is the most excited I have ever been to see an incoming freshman put on a Husky jersey.

Reaction Score
anybody know the deal with the banners in the practice gym? is it AAs? seeing nykesha sales up there has me feeling very nostalgic ...

Reaction Score
I don't know. This would be so much more impressive if had beaten a chair prior to going up for the dunk. (sorry! old and abused, I know).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
anybody know the deal with the banners in the practice gym? is it AAs? seeing nykesha sales up there has me feeling very nostalgic ...

The girls banners are for First Team AA players. I think the guys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom