Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 60 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Adams won't be as good next year as Boatright was this year. Not sure how we then make the leap of faith from a first round NIT loss with Boatright to an "easy": sweet sixteen with a Freshman Adams. I'd like to assume that the rest of our team will be somewhat better next year to help compensate for the loss of Boat but many of our players have actually been getting less productive; Nolan and Samuel. The only way we make "Sweet Sixteen is if Enoch is solid enough to completely replace one of our unproductive Bigs.

Here's the thing. Purvis and Hamilton should be both vastly improve which will take some of the pressure off of Adams to score. If Purvis and Hamilton combine to average 30+ PPG, Adams won't need to score in huge numbers. If Brimah can just score 12PPG and we can get 15 combined PPG from Rock, Facey, Lubin, and Nolan, Adams would only need to put up about 10 PPG. We need our players to improve this offseason to assure our season won't be dependent on Jalen Adams.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He means leaving the Bulls...
I see...Whatever. The NBA is a business and there is no loyalty on the teams' part so I have no problem with Gordon leaving and looking out for himself. I'm also much less emotionally tied to players and teams once they're in the NBA.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
People act like Ben Gordon is the only player in NBA history to go where he could get paid more. And the Pistons were one season removed from a division title when he went there, and they looked like one of the more stable franchises going. It's just in hindsight we know that it fell apart.

Reaction Score
Adams and Melo Trimble are not similar players at all. But if Adams somehow puts up similar numbers next year we will be in for an exciting season. With that being said, I expect more along the lines of 11ppg 4ast and 3rb.

Reaction Score
he will be a dynamo and most likely one of the three best players for uconn. Nobody is really going to be able to stay in front of him at the college level, offensively he will get whatever he want. Have fun trapping him as he is adept at splitting defenders with ease and finishing above the rim. In college, all pg's need to take the challenge on the defensive end to step it up... the same goes for jalen. I see a bit of devin harris in his game when he steps on campus, flat out unstoppable off the bounce with good size for the pg position ( 6'2 with a 6'6 wingspan).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adams and Melo Trimble are not similar players at all. But if Adams somehow puts up similar numbers next year we will be in for an exciting season. With that being said, I expect more along the lines of 11ppg 4ast and 3rb.

Very reasonable to expect. But Kemba, Shabazz, and Boatright all averaged less than that their freshman years so if Adams can put up 11, 4, and 3, that will be very very impressive.

Reaction Score
Very reasonable to expect. But Kemba, Shabazz, and Boatright all averaged less than that their freshman years so if Adams can put up 11, 4, and 3, that will be very very impressive.
All three of them were secondary ball-handlers, and played beside players with experience: Kemba beside AJ; Shabazz, Kemba; Boat, Shabazz.

If you give me those numbers, along with a solid shooting percentage, I feel really good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Kemba, Shabazz and Boat all had other PG's to defer to their freshman year also. Kemba/AJ, Shabazz/Kemba, Boat/Shabazz. Adams should really be the guy to run the offense sooner than any of those three guys had to - doubtful he will have to defer to TSam nearly as much. 11/4/3 would be awesome either way.

Reaction Score
I think 7.8 points and 3 assists a game is a reasonable expectation. That's what 4 star recruit and 1st round pick Shabazz Napier averaged as a freshman.
I doubt his averages will be that low. He is higher rated than SN and he will be getting starter minutes. SN was a backup guard that year. So just with the additional minutes his average should be in 10-13 range. I have seen him on tv and he is definitely an impact freshman. The problem is with how bad we are on offense he might be shooting less than 38% to get those 13 points a game.

Unfortunately our team has some offensive limitations that right now haven't been addressed which are outside shooting and a big man who can either score or rebound to give us extra shots.

I can see him forcing a lot of stuff just due to not having a lot of scoring options at times. I hope DHAM and RP work on their shots this off season.

Reaction Score

None of those guys started. How is this the baseline?

Reaction Score
What we need from Adams:

Good handle
A shot that makes defenses respect him
The ability to get the ball to scorers in the right place
8-10 ppg

I think if he gives us those things, we'll be in pretty darn good shape next year.

If he gives us less, we're in trouble; more, we're in better shape than some people realize.

I'm more concerned about the development of our bigs. Brimah needs some real post moves, and we need some rebounding.
Add decent D to the list.

Reaction Score
Exactly and Ben Gordon as well. Terrance Samuel could dunk. Purvis etc. These types of vids are for entertainment, fun, and giggles. They are not really to be taken seriously.

Anyway the windmill dunk was nice.

First the obvious facts: Ben Gordon and Purvis are not point guards...

Second: There is a difference between being able to dunk and doing a one handed wind mill dunk... to imply Terrance has the same athletic ability as Jalen just because Terrance "could dunk"... well I just don't know what to tell you

Once again as I said in my OP this video is a just a glimpse of his athletic ability.

Reaction Score
Ben went for the money and screwed his career....

BG tried to sign the original contract offer the Bulls made but they pulled the offer, they weren't going to resign him, he had no choice but to move on.

Gordon, whom the Bulls drafted in 2004 with the third overall pick, declined the Bulls' six-year, $54 million offer last summer when he was a restricted free agent. Gordon wanted to take that deal at the deadline, but the Bulls pulled the offer off the table and he signed a one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Big-Shot-Ben-is-now-a-Big-Shot.html#ixzz3VPpx5CLK
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Will you stop?
I remember ray Allen was super good his freshmen year but this guy coming in--from appearances has the best combination of incoming talent that I can remember for a Uconn player. He honestly looks like he could develop into a superstar player.

Reaction Score
He can be good, he can be great, he can windmill on the entire AAC but without a second ball handler and a big who even knows the definition of a rebound he'll be a PG of an NIT team.

Reaction Score
I remember ray Allen was super good his freshmen year but this guy coming in--from appearances has the best combination of incoming talent that I can remember for a Uconn player. He honestly looks like he could develop into a superstar player.
Put him ahead of Brimah in the 1st round?

Reaction Score
He can be good, he can be great, he can windmill on the entire AAC but without a second ball handler and a big who even knows the definition of a rebound he'll be a PG of an NIT team.
Wow do you have to be so realistic? Are you reading what the fans are saying about him, its as if he's not only Div 1 stardom ready but NBA ready.

The expectations on this kid are going through the roof and this is after having a couple of AA guards back to back. I'm starting to feel sorry for this kid already and he's not even here yet.

Reaction Score
Wow do you have to be so realistic? Are you reading what the fans are saying about him, its as if he's not only Div 1 stardom ready but NBA ready.

The expectations on this kid are going through the roof and this is after having a couple of AA guards back to back. I'm starting to feel sorry for this kid already and he's not even here yet.
Can you blame them though he windmilled on the kid that works at Pretzel Time. Next D-Rose

Reaction Score
He has some Derek Rose in him--in his game from all the videos I have watched. Hes a powerful athletic pretty tall PG with all of the skills. This guy might end up being the best player Uconn has ever had--that good.
Scrappy I've seen the videos as well and he could actually end up being the best college basketball player ever. He didn't miss a shot and all of his passes led to an assist. You can tell in the videos that all his teammates were better just playing with him.

I really could see him going to the NBA in January 2016 (mid season), right before the NBA playoffs. If he finishes his freshman year here I see him averaging 25 points, 8 rebounds, 12 assists and 4 steals a game along with at least 12 appearance on ESPN's top plays of the day, with 4-5 being top plays.

Where Boat couldn't beat being triple teamed this year I see Adams having no problems making teams pay and I even expect he will draw at least 4 players with the 5th player always getting ready to take the ball out after our made shot.

I agree with you he's that good great!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think 7.8 points and 3 assists a game is a reasonable expectation. That's what 4 star recruit and 1st round pick Shabazz Napier averaged as a freshman.
Shabazz also came off the bench. Kemba averaged 9 and 3 his freshman year coming off the bench. Boatright averaged 10 and 4. I don't think it's unreasonable to say Jalen can have a great year of 12 and 5 with the talent he is and the guys he should have around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom