Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

In addition to talent, I understand from a coach's perspective he has that mental and physical toughness for a HS kid. He is a competitor I am told.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In addition to talent, I understand from a coach's perspective he has that mental and physical toughness for a HS kid. He is a competitor I am told.

Yah, we all got that.

C

Chief00

What I don't know is how is his game prep? Does he prepare in the gym and have off court discipline

C

Chief00

The problem is talented kids don't need that degree of game prep prior to college - to win NC's you do need that extra separation that comes from extra time in the gym, etc. So some of it is projection based on certain traits he has.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jalen can shoot, pass, drive, defend.... would be the perfect replacement for rb...

UconnU

Reaction Score
Ali decommitment a blessing in disguise... adams in baseball terms is a 5 tool player... havent wanted a kid to commit so bad since drummond. Kid is a stud.

Reaction Score
The more I've seen and heard about this kid he seems to be our top priority. Does anyone know what his timeline for making a decision? I'd love a commitment from him ..in 20 minutes

Here's a link I saw a couple weeks ago, it's from mid May, so fairly current (I believe). From the horse's mouth directly (ie Jalen Adams)... He's targeting the fall for a commitment, before the season starts, at least according to this recent interview.

Fun facts:
First school he mentions as after him is UConn. :)
Players he'd like to play against are Malik Newman & Diamond Stone.... would be great if he plays "with" them!

C

Chief00

I think the coaching staff will probably be calling you to get your input, so you might want to make some calls now.
Actually, I know one of the coaches but never get involved in recruiting - I can't . When I talk to them it's maybe 10% basketball; they get enought of that from others. Calhoun on the other hand never got enough basketball talk.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Im about to go to this adidas aau tourney in south carolina in full uconn championship gear. Do I need to buy tickets or are these tourneys open? Cant seem to find tickets. Will I look like a creepy 30 year old fan boy if I do go? Answers and opinions please...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You owe me for having to clean gin off my monitor!

I was about to post something, but that will do....additional funny: it also reads as if Chief doesn't get involved in actually recruiting kids himself, because of, you know, his ethics.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You owe me for having to clean gin off my monitor!
I do wish Chief's delusion resulted in more hilarious posts like that one instead of his normal idiotic drivel.

Reaction Score
This Thread is getting more bizarre by the minute. I used to follow recruiting closely for years, but I just don't have the time nor stomach for it. As much as I hope the recruiting goes down differently for Ollie than it did with Calhoun, in that most of the early names linked to UConn rarely landed in Storrs and the ones we landed were often names we weren't even talking about in May, June, July and even August. Don't get me wrong, JC landed his share of talented recruits back when he was head coach.

I guess we'll find out this fall if he ends up reeling in a bunch of these big fish. I do like our chances with Adams and Enosh since our proximity to where they live might put us over the top with both. I'm not so confident about Newman and Stone, who seem like the type that end up at UK. In some ways I like the idea of seeing what KO could do with a team made up of a bunch of elite talent, but on the other hand I really don't want one year players and get into a pattern of UConn having to replace these types of players each year like what Cal does at UK. I enjoy watching our player grow and develop for at least 2 years, preferably 3 to 4.

Reaction Score
Chief, I love your work as a liaison to Calhoun and the program at large. Who knows with recruiting but I'm thinking maybe a class of Stone, Enoch and Adams ....and all praise be to the one and only Chief!

C

Chief00

This Thread is getting more bizarre by the minute. I used to follow recruiting closely for years, but I just don't have the time nor stomach for it. As much as I hope the recruiting goes down differently for Ollie than it did with Calhoun, in that most of the early names linked to UConn rarely landed in Storrs and the ones we landed were often names we weren't even talking about in May, June, July and even August. Don't get me wrong, JC landed his share of talented recruits back when he was head coach.

I guess we'll find out this fall if he ends up reeling in a bunch of these big fish. I do like our chances with Adams and Enosh since our proximity to where they live might put us over the top with both. I'm not so confident about Newman and Stone, who seem like the type that end up at UK. In some ways I like the idea of seeing what KO could do with a team made up of a bunch of elite talent, but on the other hand I really don't want one year players and get into a pattern of UConn having to replace these types of players each year like what Cal does at UK. I enjoy watching our player grow and develop for at least 2 years, preferably 3 to 4.
I wanted KO as coach and he's done a great coaching job, but I agree KO has not produced a recruiting body of work yet. Sure one can see the potential but he has both wind in his face (conference/unrealistic academic standards/lack of AAU connections) and at his back (NC, NBA background and personal likabity). We will see what happens.

C

Chief00

Chief, I love your work as a liaison to Calhoun and the program at large. Who knows with recruiting but I'm thinking maybe a class of Stone, Enoch and Adams ....and all praise be to the one and only Chief!

The posters who wear slippers and pj's in their parent's basement posting their view of the World while having never played the game is largely what we are dealing with here. Moreover, actually having human relationships with actual people and not your laptop is so beyond the scope of some here - they view it as delusional.

Reaction Score
Wow, all I remember being tracked in high school was for which girl a boy had a chance with. But that was private.

Times surely have changed. This almost seems close to stalking a teenage kid, monitoring every move, thought or word.

Reaction Score
Ryan Noel (the last guy, with the KU logo as his avatar), switched from KU to UCONN last week. Wonder what, if anything, he knows ?

4 others switched from KU to UCONN between 5/20-5/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020