Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
going on record of ssaying this is not a good development. Will be a dog fight down till the end for Mr. Adams (Hence the E. Davis offer).

Makes sense……….

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
going on record of ssaying this is not a good development. Will be a dog fight down till the end for Mr. Adams (Hence the E. Davis offer).

If we are recruiting a guy, and he doesn't get offers from other high majors, he might be a little suspect. Have to think everyone and their mom are recruiting JA. Gotta win out.

Reaction Score
Pretty easy- in a lot of cases either come and play for an elite program or go somewhere else and play for a program who thinks they are elite.

Louisville, UK, Duke, Kansas and Florida are elite (some more elite than others).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Pretty easy- in a lot of cases either come and play for an elite program or go somewhere else and play for a program who thinks they are elite.

Louisville, UK, Duke, Kansas and Florida are elite (some more elite than others).

I'd throw Michigan St in there too.

And of course, UCONN! Have to write that.

Reaction Score

I am not sure Davis is in response to adams/ville. Davis is much more a sg and adams is a pg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just a gut but Jalen and UConn's love affair fell sour somewhere otherwise this deal would have been closed……….love the kids game but if wanted to be a Husky he would have been already so we will be going in a different direction for sure……..just guessing though!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Just a gut but Jalen and UConn's love affair fell sour somewhere otherwise this deal would have been closed……….love the kids game but if wanted to be a Husky he would have been already so we will be going in a different direction for sure……..just guessing though!

He has said for a long time that he is waiting until after sumer, no idea what he thinks about UConn.

Reaction Score

My hunch is the staff is still actively recruiting him, but judging by all our recent guard offers we are perfectly fine going in another direction if he continues to drag his feet.

Reaction Score
Not saying he can't be successful elsewhere, just that his best chance to be is here. Since Chalmers, Kansas hasn't exactly been a point guard hot bed

Ok, well, sorry that I misunderstood. And I somewhat agree; his best chance comes at either UCONN or Kansas. Sorry, Kansas can produce regardless of what position he plays.

And there is my other minor issue; I do not see Jalen Adams as a point guard. Atleast not in a Kemba/Shabazz sense, from what I've seen he's more of a combo guard who can handle/pass but will struggle to run an offense. I see alot of Jerome Dyson in his game.

Reaction Score
Jalen's coach seems to be just a little too excited about the Louisville offer. It makes me wonder why.

It's not a tough sell and Pitino and his staff know what they are doing. He can point to Russ Smith, a player similar to Adams, and say this is what you can be but better. We can't pretend these other schools have nothing to offer. I trust this staff to find the right guys for this team and put in the work it takes to get them.

Reaction Score
Ok, well, sorry that I misunderstood. And I somewhat agree; his best chance comes at either UCONN or Kansas. Sorry, Kansas can produce regardless of what position he plays.

And there is my other minor issue; I do not see Jalen Adams as a point guard. Atleast not in a Kemba/Shabazz sense, from what I've seen he's more of a combo guard who can handle/pass but will struggle to run an offense. I see alot of Jerome Dyson in his game.

Maybe see some Dyson in his game but no one ever thought of Jerome as a PG nor was he close. Jerome was a 2 on occasion based on the line up but I hardly ever believed his skill set was that of a 2 without a real good PG and a 3 who could handle. His game was really more of a 3, although he had good vision and could throw the occasional dime. Much more of a 2/3 but Adams seems to have the handle and the passing skills to be a PG - whether he can handle that role I do not know!

Reaction Score
Adams seems to have the handle and the passing skills to be a PG - whether he can handle that role I do not know!

No argument here on that. The kid has the skill set but if you watch him he is much more of an attacker than a distributor. I just don't see him as a point guard. Maybe a bigger Boat is a better comparison but I think he would be better served off the ball with a true PG alongside him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
No argument here on that. The kid has the skill set but if you watch him he is much more of an attacker than a distributor

Not necessarily unusual in the high school game though. Especially with AAU influence.

Reaction Score
According to Evan Daniels, Louisville is recruiting Adams as a SG and not a PG, so I guess we'll see how that factors in.

Reaction Score
Where did Russ Smith get drafted???????????? And he stayed an extra year and had 3 pages in SI. NUFF SAID!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Adams has been saying all along that he would commit after the AAU season was done, I'm not understanding why just because he hasn't committed already means that UConn is out of it.

Reaction Score
According to Evan Daniels, Louisville is recruiting Adams as a SG and not a PG, so I guess we'll see how that factors in.

that should dead his interest right there. have you heard anything in regards to a timetable on Bryant Crawford? I think with Kenny Johnson going to Lou he would have to be a lean for them.

Reaction Score
Adams has been saying all along that he would commit after the AAU season was done, I'm not understanding why just because he hasn't committed already means that UConn is out of it.

I am not sure if you are joking, but ur logic is extreme

Reaction Score
Jalen's coach seems to be just a little too excited about the Louisville offer. It makes me wonder why.
Just an FYI... It is not uncommon for ELITE prospects, and their AAU coaches and parents, to receive "benefits" that help to influence their recruitment decision. From what I've heard from someone who is fully aware of being in these types of situations with elite prospects, UCONN does not participate in that sort of recruiting. While I'm glad they don't, it can certainly make recruiting a bit more difficult when you have to compete with another school who does... Not saying Louisville is necessarily one of those teams; however, I'm not too naive to think they aren't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom