Jaiden DeLaire Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jaiden DeLaire Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not getting a guy who is from Connecticut is not a big deal. I don't understand why some people think it is. Going AWAY to college is part of the experience. Maybe for Delaire this is a factor. He wants to get out of CT and see and experience a new enviroment. Can't blame the kid for deciding he would like to go to sunny California. I would like to get him of course, but there are other fish in the sea. Precious fish. I am still confident Hurley will bring in a good class, and that is quite an accomplishment considering the situation we are currently in, thanks to a guy whose name I won't mention because we are all getting tired of seeing it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He was never a "UConn lean"! The so called "recruiting experts" on this board that have "inside knowledge" don't exactly have a stellar track record.

A couple of odd comments alert me, then someone mentions you by name. I'm glad I still Ignore you.

Reaction Score
Weird, I remember you constantly claiming Hurley is focusing on 2019 and beyond.

It’s almost like you’re just saying stuff to vaguely fit whatever is going on...
It is like a horoscope - vague enough comments that apply to every situation so either way the prediction is correct. They are recruiting for 2018 but not necessarily bringing someone in. And of course if someone does get brought in for 2018, the prediction is correct either way. And to your point, Hurley is recruiting for 2019 and beyond...what division 1 school is not recruiting for 2019 and beyond?

Reaction Score
It is like a horoscope - vague enough comments that apply to every situation so either way the prediction is correct. They are recruiting for 2018 but not necessarily bringing someone in. And of course if someone does get brought in for 2018, the prediction is correct either way. And to your point, Hurley is recruiting for 2019 and beyond...what division 1 school is not recruiting for 2019 and beyond?

As he said, they are absolutely not stopping, or starting, the recruitment of a player who is right now considered in the class of 2019 but who has options to be 2018, though it remains to be seen if a player with recruitment already in process will decide to push up his timeline, depending of course on the coaching staff's assessment of their actual talent..

Reaction Score
It'd be a toss up who I'd root harder against: Waters who never gave us the time of day, or Delaire who proclaimed he was a UConn fan only to bail
I find that odd. When i was a kid i was a Uconn fan and if i were a big time recruit itd be an absolute no brainer. YOu wouldnt be able to get me to commit fast enough. Sure id visit other schools but in the end id be going to Uconn. I just find it weird to claim your a fan but you go somewhere else. Meh its just my thought process. I tend to naturally be an extremely loyal person.

Reaction Score
I find that odd. When i was a kid i was a Uconn fan and if i were a big time recruit itd be an absolute no brainer. YOu wouldnt be able to get me to commit fast enough. Sure id visit other schools but in the end id be going to Uconn. I just find it weird to claim your a fan but you go somewhere else. Meh its just my thought process. I tend to naturally be an extremely loyal person.

I'm with you. We've heard all this talk about how he and his family love UConn.
Well, maybe not so much.

And where you go to school means very little regarding your draft chances and draft position, especially if Hurley is as advertised relative to player development.

Reaction Score
Well, maybe not so much.

And where you go to school means very little regarding your draft chances and draft position, especially if Hurley is as advertised relative to player development.
All true, but let's not forget how old these guys are. They're still kids. Lot's of people telling them all kinds of things. I'm sure he was a Uconn fan growing up, but once the recruiting process really kicks in, they can get other ideas very quickly.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We're also all diehards here. There are plenty of people in CT that say they're UConn fans, but can probably count on one hand the number of games they've watched since the 2014 title. I know plenty of people who fit that bill.

Reaction Score
It’s almost like you’re just saying stuff to vaguely fit whatever is going on...

Lol. Even though he posts in the third person and is not a casual fan?

Say it’s not so!

C

Chief00

Weird, I remember you constantly claiming Hurley is focusing on 2019 and beyond.

Danny, quite frankly, is very much focused on 2019 / 2020. Does that mean we would exclude an unique situation for 2018 - nope. The two are not mutually exclusive but the message here for the casual fan - is our focus is 2019/2020.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Danny, quite frankly, is very much focused on 2019 / 2020. Does that mean we would exclude an unique situation for 2018 - nope. The two are not mutually exclusive but the message here for the casual fan - is our focus is 2019/2020.
The Casuals will never understand recruiting.

Reaction Score
The Casuals will never understand recruiting.

I feel that the “casual fan” related much better to our previous “casual coaching staff”. Now that we have a serious coaching staff, it’s more important than ever for Chief to keep the casuals in the loop and decipher all that is going on with the program.

Reaction Score
We're also all diehards here. There are plenty of people in CT that say they're UConn fans, but can probably count on one hand the number of games they've watched since the 2014 title. I know plenty of people who fit that bill.
This is very true. I know tons of "Yankees fans". Funny how growing up (80s early 90s) when the Yanks stunk i knew a few but since all the titles boy are they everywhere. Im a long time Bears fan. I know of 2 other Bear fans in my social circle and rarely see people in public with bears gear. Well back in our super bowl run of 06` it suddenly seemed that Bear fans were all over ct the whole time:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This is very true. I know tons of "Yankees fans". Funny how growing up (80s early 90s) when the Yanks stunk i knew a few but since all the titles boy are they everywhere. Im a long time Bears fan. I know of 2 other Bear fans in my social circle and rarely see people in public with bears gear. Well back in our super bowl run of 06` it suddenly seemed that Bear fans were all over ct the whole time:rolleyes:
You could say that about any team .
Team garb worn in public is directly proportional to that teams success.

I wear no UConn gear that I own as I believe it’s bad mojo.
I was wearing the 1999 NC sweatshirt in 2000 when we lost to Tenn.
I watched that game in the Nashville airport.
Growing up in the fifties I only knew one or two Red Sox fans .
In those days it was Yankee, Dodgers ,and Giants .
I was a little young for the 1949 pennant race where I m sure their fans came out of hiding.
I followed the Yankees through their heights and depths.
( Andy Kosko bathing cleanup and Marv Thronberry a hot rookie prospect)
Ironically after the strike in the 1994-5 My interest wained to only checking an occasional box score. Calling myself a current fan is a stretch.
I will admit the only time I’ve had a hint of homesickness since I left the East is when they tore down the old Yankee Stadium it’s like my memories of the times spent there with my recently deceased brother ,Dad and Uncle both long passed were torn away. The great awe to a child from the sticks of taking the Woodlawn Jerome subway from Grand Central ,that stopped above ground ,even with the top of the centerfield bleachers.
That stop gave you an awesome pamaramic view of the House that Ruth Built ,a view forever etched in my memory.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well, maybe not so much.

I am not dissing DH in any way and I pray he brings UConn back to the promised land
However, What players that he has coached have been 1st round picks?
I really don't think he can rest on those laurels when a kid is weighing that track record in their decision
Can he coach and can he develop some middling players? For sure. But no track record with elite high 4 or 5 star players and that is probably used against him in the recruiting wars
Just MHO

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I am not dissing Dan Hurley in any way and I pray he brings UConn back to the promised land
However, What players that he has coached have been 1st round picks?
I really don't think he can rest on those laurels when a kid is weighing that track record in their decision
Can he coach and can he develop some middling players? For sure. But no track record with elite high 4 or 5 star players and that is probably used against him in the recruiting wars
Just MHO
Look at the schools he was at before. He didn’t have the history of the university that UConn has, the name brand recognition, facilities, exposure, OOC tourneys/opponents, etc

Reaction Score

I hope you're kidding about Yankee fans? I grew up in the center of CT in the late 60's to when they won late 70's then didn't again until the mid 90's. I knew A LOT more Yankee fans than Red Sox fans during those years even though there were years they were lucky to win 70-75 games. You want all of a sudden everywhere check the Nation that suddenly popped up in 2004 :rolleyes:.

As far as Delaire and growing up a UConn fan, I guess I ask how much of one. Kids are kids and are unpredictable so it's not over. But he certainly wants to look at the Dukes of the world etc so I'm guessing we lost a lot of ground to some negative recruiting, and a kids sudden interest for big names giving him love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom