Jaiden DeLaire Update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jaiden DeLaire Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not dissing Dan Hurley in any way and I pray he brings UConn back to the promised land
However, What players that he has coached have been 1st round picks?
I really don't think he can rest on those laurels when a kid is weighing that track record in their decision
Can he coach and can he develop some middling players? For sure. But no track record with elite high 4 or 5 star players and that is probably used against him in the recruiting wars
Just MHO
If you have to start off your post by saying I'm not dissing Dan Hurley in any way, take a step back. Because you're probably about to

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I knew A LOT more Yankee fans than Red Sox fans during those years even though there were years they were lucky to win 70-75 games
Then you needed to hang out with better group of people.;)

That aside. Red Sox fans are the epitome of loyal fans in the good times and the bad. Heck we during the drought things were bleak.

I do tell my kids you have no idea what it is like to be a fan when things are tough. During their years as a fan UConn has won 15 natties, and the Sox and the Pats have had a great run.

Reaction Score
I am not dissing Dan Hurley in any way and I pray he brings UConn back to the promised land
However, What players that he has coached have been 1st round picks?
I really don't think he can rest on those laurels when a kid is weighing that track record in their decision
Can he coach and can he develop some middling players? For sure. But no track record with elite high 4 or 5 star players and that is probably used against him in the recruiting wars
Just MHO

Good points. I think many of us are optimistic about him because of how he presented himself at his introductory press conference, how he identified issues that need to be corrected, how the players have responded to him, how organized he seems (especially in getting two coaches to leave B1G teams to join his staff), and how energetic he's been on the recruiting trail.
I'm excited to see how the team performs this year and how good a 2019 class he puts together.

Reaction Score
Hearing some top schools are pushing him to 2018. If this happens we are out.

Wait now. Chief has expounded on this for us casual fans and has repeatedly almost implied sort of that maybe it's possible we are not done for 2018.

Reaction Score
Then you needed to hang out with better group of people.;)

That aside. Red Sox fans are the epitome of loyal fans in the good times and the bad. Heck we during the drought things were bleak.

I do tell my kids you have no idea what it is like to be a fan when things are tough. During their years as a fan UConn has won 15 natties, and the Sox and the Pats have had a great run.

I graduated high school in Central CT in the verrrrrrrry early 60's and there were no Red Sox fans I ever came across until the Dodgers and Giants left New York. Then, all those bitter Dodger fans became Red Sox fans. It was really a natural thing to do for fans of any team which had lost to the Yankees over and again, except for a fluke in 1957 of course which made the departure even more brutal for them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I graduated high school in Central CT in the verrrrrrrry early 60's and there were no Red Sox fans I ever came across until the Dodgers and Giants left New York. Then, all those bitter Dodger fans became Red Sox fans. It was really a natural thing to do for fans of any team which had lost to the Yankees over and again, except for a fluke in 1957 of course which made the departure even more brutal for them.
Southeastern Connecticut had a lot of them. I'd imagine that would increase and you head north. Always thought the Connecticut River was the unofficial dividing line.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Southeastern Connecticut had a lot of them. I'd imagine that would increase and you head north. Always thought the Connecticut River was the unofficial dividing line.
North Fork of Long Island had a strong Red Sox tradition and WSBK games were on cable went up through the end of the 1985 season. Interesting time to stop, as it turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom