Jaiden DeLaire Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaiden DeLaire Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its hard for me to believe we went from being a strong lean to an afterthought in 10 days. I'd guess either the information leaking on to the board was never correct, or that maybe he didn't mention wanting to visit UCONN because he already has. Can't blame a kid for going to Duke anyways.

Reaction Score
Its hard for me to believe we went from being a strong lean to an afterthought in 10 days. I'd guess either the information leaking on to the board was never correct, or that maybe he didn't mention wanting to visit UCONN because he already has. Can't blame a kid for going to Duke anyways.
Good points. If a student/athlete has a choice of Duke, Stanford or UConn attending UConn may be a good choice but it is the worse of those 3.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good points. If a student/athlete has a choice of Duke, Stanford or UConn attending UConn may be a good choice but it is the worse of those 3.
1c894b90-5e07-11e5-b8c8-9977e94c663a_Screen-Shot-2015-09-18-at-9-11-25-AM.png

Wait...What did you just say?​

Reaction Score
Wow. So much for him being a hard UCONN lean.

He was never a "UConn lean"! The so called "recruiting experts" on this board that have "inside knowledge" don't exactly have a stellar track record.

Reaction Score
And this is why people with actual sources and connections have stopped sharing information publically.
I actually agree with titletown, and it really doesn't matter because when a kid commits, that's when we all know for sure. Everything before that doesn't really even matter.

Reaction Score

I think before this summer Jaden was a strong lean for UConn, but as the summer has progressed he is rising up the rankings due to his demonstrable stronger play, and he's finally getting all the attention that any college bound player covets, and it must feel good to be Jaden right about now. Lot'a variables, see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
I think before this summer Jaden was a strong lean for UConn, but as the summer has progressed he is rising up the rankings due to his demonstrable stronger play, and he's finally getting all the attention that any college bound player covets, and it must feel good to be Jaden right about now. Lot'a variables, see how it plays out.
Recruiting is fluid and we are dealing with 18-19 year old kids. As time goes by the kids get pitched by a bunch of schools by people who are experts at recruiting. Coaches get paid a lot of money but a job that depends on the commitment and performance of teenagers and young men has to be tough way to make a living.

Reaction Score
I actually agree with titletown, and it really doesn't matter because when a kid commits, that's when we all know for sure. Everything before that doesn't really even matter.

As with most things in life, the horse race doesn't matter.

But it can be fun to follow.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
1c894b90-5e07-11e5-b8c8-9977e94c663a_Screen-Shot-2015-09-18-at-9-11-25-AM.png

Wait...What did you just say?​
He said the weather in Palo Alto is better than Storrs. I moved out here in 1990 and only moved to NYC out of necessity. Nevertheless, managed to make my way back and sure not planning to cross the Rockies again.
Not sure I would spend a week in Durham unless I was imprisoned. Even then I think they would need a suicide watch to prevent me from prematurely ending my stay.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We don't have a 2018 scholarship.
If he wanted to come to UConn for 2018, they would have made room for him - if not there is a wrong driver at the wheel
This is the same thing ANY coach at UConn did or is going to face since the BE downfall - lots of talk and hope at first but when the big P5 boys start sniffing - UConn is a distant memory
Things aren't going to change overnight just because of a coaching change - as far as this type of situation is concerned
Things with the current team will most likely improve and in order to recruit better - the team has to get better

pj

Reaction Score
If he wanted to come to UConn for 2018, they would have made room for him - if not there is a wrong driver at the wheel
This is the same thing ANY coach at UConn did or is going to face since the BE downfall - lots of talk and hope at first but when the big P5 boys start sniffing - UConn is a distant memory
Things aren't going to change overnight just because of a coaching change - as far as this type of situation is concerned
Things with the current team will most likely improve and in order to recruit better - the team has to get better

He may still want to come for 2018. Who would you kick out to make room?

I personally doubt Hurley would kick anyone out. And I doubt any players would voluntarily leave.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not sure why Duke is pushing 2018 when the class they have coming in is top notch. Zion will be the four on Duke and no way Jaiden will beat him out but could be a solid bench guy for them.

I wish he would stay in the class of 2019, but I can't blame him if he goes to Duke, but would be less then thrilled

Reaction Score
I'd love to get a few top 50 players to sign ASAP! But if not, my desire is for Uconn to get some recruits that can help us immediately start winning again. Its time for us to get out of the wilderness.

C

Chief00

He may still want to come for 2018. Who would you kick out to make room?

I personally doubt Hurley would kick anyone out. And I doubt any players would voluntarily leave.

People laughed when I said we were still recruiting for 2018.

pj

Reaction Score
People laughed when I said we were still recruiting for 2018.

Interesting news, but how would a scholarship be freed up? Since everyone is attending summer school, haven't they already started using scholarships for 2018? If so there may be no scholarships even if someone leaves. He might have to come as a walk-on.

It would be great if Jaiden could arrive this fall. He'd add value immediately.

I don't get Duke as a destination with RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish, and Zion Williamson in the class of 2018. But, it must be fun to be courted.

Reaction Score
Interesting news, but how would a scholarship be freed up? Since everyone is attending summer school, haven't they already started using scholarships for 2018? If so there may be no scholarships even if someone leaves. He might have to come as a walk-on.
If someone transferred before fall classes, Delaire could receive that scholarship

Reaction Score

Disagree.

I think it's as simple as we'll already have 3 players that have very similar body types and games.

Sid, Polley, and I think you all know the soon-to-be third

Reaction Score
The one recruitment that will be telling for Hurley is the Achiuwa one.

We are strong on him and the feeling is mutual from all accounts. We need to secure Precious or else the optics aren’t good.

C

Chief00

It would be great if Jaiden could arrive this fall. He'd add value immediately.

I don't get Duke as a destination with RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish, and Zion Williamson in the class of 2018. But, it must be fun to be courted.

Lots of things could happen between now and when the Fall semester starts.

Reaction Score
He's a kid and there are myriad reasons why UConn may not be prominently mentioned.
Maybe Hurley's backed off.
Maybe he's overwhelmed with the attention from the "big names".
Maybe he believes he won't be good enough to leave early so why not get a Stanford degree.
Maybe we have no idea what motivates and leads a kid to do the things we believe are rational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom