Jahmir Young to visit on Friday | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Jahmir Young to visit on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So the guy that said getting one guy would hurt us getting another guy was right! Still, there's more guys out there..

Reaction Score
He's not keen on the ole two point guard lineups, apparently.

Who's our next target?

Reaction Score
Looks like this one ain't happening.

I've had a couple zoom calls with Maryland, South Carolina, Gonzaga, Georgetown, Cincinnati and Kansas State, Miami, and UConn but UConn just got a commit so I'm not going there. All those were more in depth for sure talking about facilities, weight rooms, and making sure I'm ready next year for the draft if I don't go this year.

These players are so soft these days. He must feel like he is t better than Newton even though there’s plenty of room for both. I don’t want him if that’s the way he thinks anyways.

Reaction Score
If players want to win they have to share, you can't be what you were in Charlotte at a high major
Exactly. And they need to be reminded of Napier and Boatright. It couldn't have been easy for those two to work it out, but they did - and it led to a National Championship and Napier being a first round pick. Two point guards can play together and be extremely successful.

Reaction Score
He wants to play the same role, on ball creator.
Or does he want 15 shots a game? Either way, as talented as he is, it doesn't seem to be a great fit for either side.

Reaction Score

I've had a couple zoom calls with Maryland, South Carolina, Gonzaga, Georgetown, Cincinnati and Kansas State, Miami, and UConn but UConn just got a commit so I'm not going there. All those were more in depth for sure talking about facilities, weight rooms, and making sure I'm ready next year for the draft if I don't go this year.

Aight time to shut this thread down then

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We need two of those guys.
And as I have said several times, good luck with that. We have to find a guy willing to be a backup and play maybe 10-12 minutes. A guy who is leaving a school where he probably plays more than that and who accepts he will probably never start. It will probably be a lower level D1 school. It's why I thought we should look at the 3* CT HS kid who evidently committed to Columbia.

Castle reclass is our best option at PG.

Reaction Score
And as I have said several times, good luck with that. We have to find a guy willing to be a backup and play maybe 10-12 minutes. A guy who is leaving a school where he probably plays more than that and who accepts he will probably never start. It will probably be a lower level D1 school. It's why I thought we should look at the 3* CT HS kid who evidently committed to Columbia.

That can be the 3rd guy we get. The guy we need now is someone who needs to play probably 25+ mins in the back court. We have 1 legit ball handler, and he has never played for us. As many others have said, we need AT LEAST one more immediate impact guard.

Reaction Score
Exactly. And they need to be reminded of Napier and Boatright. It couldn't have been easy for those two to work it out, but they did - and it led to a National Championship and Napier being a first round pick. Two point guards can play together and be extremely successful.
Bazz also played with Kemba.

Reaction Score

If you're right Hurley is just blowing smoke, we need another big impact transfer who can handle and score.

I've seen Avery Brown play, he would get zero minutes here and is going to the right level for him. He sure as hell isn't the answer.

Reaction Score

I kind of thought the selling point was with Tristen Newton as a high ranking backcourt with Hawkins and AJ as a wonderful starting 5 adding Sanogo. Obviously Johnson and Alex are in the mix as well but a 20 point a game scorer would certainly be a 25-30 minute guy at least. But it's out, now we need another impact guard at least.

Reaction Score

I respect the kid for being honest

Reaction Score
I respect the kid for being honest
I do, as well. But what confounds me a bit: Musselman at Arkansas went to the transfer portal and stocked up on four power forwards because that the position that most affected UA's NCAA run this year.

We should, by rights, be able to attract another pg or combo guard, right?

Reaction Score
I do, as well. But what confounds me a bit: Musselman at Arkansas went to the transfer portal and stocked up on four power forwards because that the position that most affected UA's NCAA run this year.

We should, by rights, be able to attract another pg or combo guard, right?
I think there's a difference in role. In many ways, a wing is a wing is a wing. You can play several and they don't necessarily eat into each other's role. But on ball playmaker/decision maker is more zero sum. There's only one ball. We should be able to get a combo guard, but maybe one that is not trying to showcase their PG skills for the NBA.

Reaction Score
And small pgs to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits