Jaden Delaire | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jaden Delaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Only problem I have with Delaire is his foot work and lateral movement are really slow and he isn't coordinated enough to play on the perimeter right now at the college level. But that is probably because he is still growing into his body, even at 6'9 his feet and hands still look too big for his body. I wouldn't be surprised if this kid ends up being like 6'11 when it's all said and done.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Only problem I have with Delaire is his foot work and lateral movement are really slow and he isn't coordinated enough to play on the perimeter right now at the college level. But that is probably because he is still growing into his body, even at 6'9 his feet and hands still look too big for his body. I wouldn't be surprised if this kid ends up being like 6'11 when it's all said and done.
A 6'11" shooter wouldn't be that bad

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Has a beautiful stroke. He can put the ball in the hoop. We desperately need shooters to stretch the floor.

Reaction Score
I took my daughter to swim meet at Loomis several weeks ago. I got to ask the staff about Jaiden. Apparently he is a great students who loves the school. His younger brother is also enroll there. The family are big fans of UCONN but they value education even more. Several of his teammates are going to the IVY leagues to play basketball. Jaiden has the academics to get into an IVY league school without the basketball stuff. He is not going to transfer and is not going to do a postgrad yr. I got the impression that Harvard and Tommy Ammaker might be the biggest threat here
Sounds like a potential Stanford commit.

Reaction Score

Sounds like a poor mans Emmett Matthews :oops:;)

Reaction Score
He shot 29% from 3 and just broke his wrist...
Matthews was a solid prospect, but I don’t get this idea that he was this irreplaceable missing piece. People are basing their opinion of him solely on highlights, which show him not missing lol. We didn’t lose this sharp shooter. Polley is a way more proven shooter at this point. Polley shot 42% in college while Matthews shot 29% in HS. That’s the reality

Reaction Score
Matthews was a solid prospect, but I don’t get this idea that he was this irreplaceable missing piece. People are basing their opinion of him solely on highlights, which show him not missing lol. We didn’t lose this sharp shooter. Polley is a way more proven shooter at this point. Polley shot 42% in college while Matthews shot 29% in HS. That’s the reality

What this program needs is stability. The entire roster seems to turn over every year and while Matthews was only a commit, it still ads to the turbulence.

Reaction Score
What this program needs is stability. The entire roster seems to turn over every year and while Matthews was only a commit, it still ads to the turbulence.
We just had a coaching change...... We need a culture change not stability. “Stability” means no change. Are you saying you want us to stabile in mediocrity? Nah shake this m’fer up. I’d rather DH bring in his guys than to just blindly keep KO’s guys for the sake of stability. We’ve been incredibly mediocre. And KO along with this fan base has been terrible talent evaluators. I trust DH’s evaluation of talent a whole lot more than KO’s or this board’s. If you wanted “stability” you don’t make a coaching change. If you wanted to shake a program up, you do.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
We need roster balance – i.e., another backcourt recruit – more than we needed a third-string project SF.

Reaction Score

And that will come. If anyone expected all of the recruits and returnees to stay on then they are truly misguided. I would want Hurley to evaluate every signee and returnee and decide if they are one of his guys. He will be able to recruit here and better yet he will be able to coach UP the talent that is already here. Even if we do not add anyone, I think we will be a much-improved team as is and best of all, those guys who we think have some nice potential (Whaley, Polley, Diarra, Carlton) will actually get better and be players. Factor in Hurley bringing in some of his recruits and we will be more than fine.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a potential Stanford commit.

Maybe Hurley should have him speak with Rebecca Lobo about why she chose UConn in spite of her parents' misgivings about UConn's academic standing 27 years ago. And its rating as a major university has grown significantly since then.

The first thing I'd want to know is what degree he wants to pursue and see if UConn offers a program that's competitive. An Ivy League degree in accounting is no more valuable than the same degree from UConn, for example. Pre-med may be different, depending on what medical school you want to attend, but I don't recall many pre-med or bio-engineering majors playing major college basketball.

Reaction Score
Really hope we land this kid. Get him in Hurley's strength and conditioning program and I think he'll be a great four-year stretch 4.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I went to Loomis Chaffee (any other alums on the board?) For that reason alone, I want this kid to go to UConn. I can claim Gregg Popovich as the coach of my college when I went there. Being able to claim a LC grad as a pro would be perfect icing for me.

Reaction Score
Really hope we land this kid. Get him in Hurley's strength and conditioning program and I think he'll be a great four-year stretch 4.
if he's still growing I see him being like Moritz Wagner.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Kid looked like a stud last weekend against the nations best players. Hope we're building a good relationship with him before the Syracuses and Novas start recruiting him more aggressively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom