Jackson?! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Jackson?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My recollection is that he played that way for one, maybe two games before the injury. Polley isn’t worthy to carry Griffey’s jock as an all around player. Rebounding, passing, defense, Griffey was vastly better player his senior year.

I think everyone loves Giffey but he averaged more than 5 points in only his senior year (where he averaged just over 8 which Polley has done twice) he never averaged more than 4 boards. Giffey had some big performances in big games in the tournaments but I don’t understand the disrespect for Polley

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think everyone loves Giffey but he averaged more than 5 points in only his senior year (where he averaged just over 8 which Polley has done twice) he never averaged more than 4 boards. Giffey had some big performances in big games in the tournaments but I don’t understand the disrespect for Polley

Polley has played on lousy teams. Polley wouldn’t have even seen the floor on the teams Griffey played on. He’s not good. Seems like a nice kid and I hate that horrible injury happened to him but he’s not very good.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It’s really too soon to say come one way or another. Keep in mind though set a lot of people want Tyler to be the player he was the last game he played. He played lots of others where he was less productive.
Very true. Tyler can be a great shooter at times but never had the dimensions Martin has.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Giffey was a great shooter but had other dimensions to his game like defense, rebounding and general athleticism. Remember Calhoun started him as a freshman iirc, which wasn’t just cuz he could shoot.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Flat out wrong. The player who catches it around the foul line has to be able to turn and hit the jumper or nothing else opens up. What has Jackson done to date that makes you think the other team would be concerned about him taking foul line jumpers?
Just curious, how do we know AJ can't make foul line jumpers? Granted his two makes are dunks, but his length and bounce alone should make him a threat right in the Big East logo area in the paint. He should be able to use quickness for floaters and 8-12 ft jump shots.

His huge negative is that he has turned it over a bit. Other than that he rebounds, guards back and frontcourt, blocks shots and will soon enough have an overall impact in games.

Reaction Score
Nope he didn’t, so I guess he’s not the better 3 pt shooter right now. Too bad Martin didn‘t make one more, if he did we could have a guy on the team who is a better 3 pt shooter than Steph Curry right now.
i waste too much energy here.... first off, i literally just said the stats are there, but in this case unnecessary to support the reality of the situation.

second, i'm glad you brought up the warriors. do you think klay thompson is still their second best shooter right now EVEN THOUGH HE'D ONLY BE PLAYING ON ONE LEG?? i hope not because that's flat out stupid

practically speaking, until proven otherwise polley might as well be in the same category as klay. he's basically dragging one leg behind himself and is clearly not ready. during his first 3 games it looked like he should consider a medical redshirt (but for the fact everyone was already given an extra year of eligibility).

therefore, right now polley cant be considered the better shooter against a zone than martin because you can't pick a semi-disabled guy over a healthy guy. you just cant. idk how else to explain myself and i'm not gonna try

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tyler Polley seems to be moving just fine, he just got some quick fouls here and there, never got in synch. He's been a little choppy so far, but so have most of the players, and the overall play in the games we have had, on the whole, has not been very good; it's kind of ugly basketball right now comparatively speaking. Most teams are not quite ready to go due to shaky preseasons.

Reaction Score
His straight line speed has been okay, but his lateral movement has not...hence cheap fouls. He bricked some shots. I vaguely remember him having similar spells and then, from out of nowhere, his shot gets pure.
He cannot have a repeat performance of the last game. In addition to his awful performace, his body language was worse. Still, he will be an important contributor this year and would suggest some patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom