JA new insta video tomorrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JA new insta video tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm fine with him doing whatever. He's the best player on the team, but (and I hate being a negative nancy) - he's not a part of the next really great UConn team.

-He stays, we're probably playing post season hoops next year and the rebuild got quicker by a year or so. His stock would absolutely go up.

-He leaves, we're probably not that great, but have a shot if things break the right way. 3-4 year rebuild plan is still on track.

I'd LOVE to have him back. I think he makes a difference being back in the big and small picture. But him leaving is super far from the end of things. I guess that's what i'm trying to say.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
He’s going to test the waters. That’s almost certain, and will probably be announced in the video tomorrow. Question is if he and CV come back in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
I can see how releasing a video to announce that you're returning to the 178th team in the nation would rub some the wrong way, especially after openly baiting them into thinking that you're leaving in the preview.

That being said, this guy has little ground to stand on having consumed the content at one in the morning on a Sunday, and I actually think coaches should encourage players to be active on social media.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm fine with him doing whatever. He's the best player on the team, but (and I hate being a negative nancy) - he's not a part of the next really great UConn team.

-He stays, we're probably playing post season hoops next year and the rebuild got quicker by a year or so. His stock would absolutely go up.

-He leaves, we're probably not that great, but have a shot if things break the right way. 3-4 year rebuild plan is still on track.

I'd LOVE to have him back. I think he makes a difference being back in the big and small picture. But him leaving is super far from the end of things. I guess that's what i'm trying to say.
Hope JA is in a UConn uniform next season. No one knows for sure what his absence would mean short and long term but it would be within reason to suspect it would cause significant problems for Hurley next season and could negatively impact recruiting.

Reaction Score
Hope JA is in a UConn uniform next season. No one knows for sure what his absence would mean short and long term but it would be within reason to suspect it would cause significant problems for Hurley next season and could negatively impact recruiting.
Come on. You don't know what it means? Let me spell it out for you. Short term- it will no doubt hurt us on the court next year. Long term- it will have 0 impact Recruiting- certainly not a negative, and could actually be a positive for a possible reclassification.

Reaction Score
That’s not the Kevin Ollie era, that’s just what that age group does lmbool
I think Geno and CD take away the phones when it is work time. Also, players can't post on social media in season. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Reaction Score
Come on. You don't know what it means? Let me spell it out for you. Short term- it will no doubt hurt us on the court next year. Long term- it will have 0 impact Recruiting- certainly not a negative, and could actually be a positive for a possible reclassification.
It's not crazy to think it would have a negative impact. If Jalen leaves I have a hard time seeing this team have a winning record. And recruiting to a team in the AAC coming off 3 straight losing seasons would be far from easy

Reaction Score
It's not crazy to think it would have a negative impact. If Jalen leaves I have a hard time seeing this team have a winning record. And recruiting to a team in the AAC coming off 3 straight losing seasons would be far from easy
Its absolutely crazy. This is a new regime, a new era, and a new narrative. Whatever happens with the current roster and in many ways next year has nothing to do with what Coach Hurley will sell moving forward. Jalen Adams will have a direct impact on our W-L record but won't affect recruiting at all.

Reaction Score
Its absolutely crazy. This is a new regime, a new era, and a new narrative. Whatever happens with the current roster and in many ways next year has nothing to do with what Coach Hurley will sell moving forward. Jalen Adams will have a direct impact on our W-L record but won't affect recruiting at all.

Can't believe it would be huge but to say "not at all" is reaching. 3 awful seasons in a row, the first one under the new regime too (if indeed it is a losing season of course) no matter who's playing will be just more artillery for the negative sellers from our opponents. "The league isn't any good no matter who's coaching them.." will be the play. The affect on recruiting in that case would be on the Top players but I agree with you in regards to being able to recruit the lower Top 100's and above, they will still be selling the future of the brand returning. But I doubt the Top kids will take a chance if we have another 14-18 season. Just the way it is and the way they think these days.

I hope both Jalen and Christian return, I really don't need to suffer through another season where I don't even remember what day they're playing during the week. They can compete with these 2 and even give us a glimmer of hope with a new staff. They can't without them unless there is a surprise looming out there. I get there is a "plan" but the plan should be to win as many as they can while putting that plan together. I am sure it is and I highly doubt anyone is getting pushed out or at least hope not. Let's see what happens, lots of shuffling still I am sure.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Not all of us are as convinced as you are that the narrative floating in our heads dictates the future.

Hypothetically, and to frame this hypothesis in terms you have used in the past, if Hurley is unable to work hard enough to keep two players who have bled blue and white, why should anyone be absolutely certain he can accomplish getting players who are neutral particularly if his first season in a high major program is a disaster?

An element of uncertainty is not unreasonable imo.

Reaction Score
It's crazy to us and everyone who follows UConn. We know Hurley can turn the program around and we'll be good again. But to think a 3rd straight losing season won't have an impact is crazy. Maybe Hurley is able to recruit through it but it's a hell of a lot easier to recruit a missing piece to a team showing promise

Reaction Score
Just a thought....

If JA like CV is declaring for the draft, Hurley may not be forcing them out but forcing them to stay by not releasing them to transfer and thereby forcing to make this choice. It could also could also be the reason there have been no other "transfer" requests.

Hurley is not obligated to grant a transfer request. FWIW

Reaction Score
Like I said the day Hurley got hired, don’t really care who stays and goes from this abysmal roster. Vital & Adams can leave, not losing any sleep over it. Good luck to both of them if decide to stay in the NBA Draft.

#NewEra#HurleyEra

Reaction Score
Not all of us are as convinced as you are that the narrative floating in our heads dictates the future.

Hypothetically, and to frame this hypothesis in terms you have used in the past, if Hurley is unable to work hard enough to keep two players who have bled blue and white, why should anyone be absolutely certain he can accomplish getting players who are neutral particularly if his first season in a high major program is a disaster?

An element of uncertainty is not unreasonable imo.
It could have nothing to do with working hard. Hurley could simply be telling them some things are gonna be different. That could include less minutes and less shots, and those players may not be around for that.

Reaction Score
Just a thought....

If JA like CV is declaring for the draft, Hurley may not be forcing them out but forcing them to stay by not releasing them to transfer and thereby forcing to make this choice. It could also could also be the reason there have been no other "transfer" requests.

That's not what is happening.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Just a thought....

In a universe of every possibility this certainly is a possibility. I would think it is low on the probability scale. So I doubt it. If he did the resulting bad press would severely hurt his ability to get recruits.

Reaction Score
Just a thought....

Don't like either look. Forcing to stay is just as bad as forcing to leave. Should have what is best for player in mind. I know we want to get back to winning but at what cost from an ethical standpoint.

Reaction Score
Just a thought....

I think if Hurley wasn't granting the transfer requests of multiple players, we would certainly be hearing about it on Twitter. At that point they would have nothing to lose, and there would be strength in numbers. I don't believe this is the case. It would also reflect very negatively on the coaching staff and Hurley is way too seasoned to allow something like that to negatively influence his future recruiting.

Last edited:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It could have nothing to do with working hard. Hurley could simply be telling them some things are gonna be different. That could include less minutes and less shots, and those players may not be around for that.
I was making a hypothetical dig on someone who knows exactly how things will play out if JA leaves. Click the arrows to observe the full context of my conversation with duct.

I don’t for an instant believe Hurley is a slacker. But if CV and JA leave than opposing coaches will use their departure and a potential bad first season against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom