JA new insta video tomorrow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

JA new insta video tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are many ways to negatively recruit. I can assure the masses that blaming Hurley for KOs failures is not one of them. No one has any idea if Hurley will succeed, but the narrative has changed and it would take a few years of similar failure for it to impact the Hurley era. Whatever Jalen's decision is, whatever this team's record is next year won't impact our future. The clock starts ticking with the 2019 recruiting class and Hurleys W-L record from that point forward. To over react now is simply silly.

Reaction Score
Can't believe it would be huge but to say "not at all" is reaching. 3 awful seasons in a row, the first one under the new regime too (if indeed it is a losing season of course) no matter who's playing will be just more artillery for the negative sellers from our opponents. "The league isn't any good no matter who's coaching them.." will be the play. The affect on recruiting in that case would be on the Top players but I agree with you in regards to being able to recruit the lower Top 100's and above, they will still be selling the future of the brand returning. But I doubt the Top kids will take a chance if we have another 14-18 season. Just the way it is and the way they think these days.

I hope both Jalen and Christian return, I really don't need to suffer through another season where I don't even remember what day they're playing during the week. They can compete with these 2 and even give us a glimmer of hope with a new staff. They can't without them unless there is a surprise looming out there. I get there is a "plan" but the plan should be to win as many as they can while putting that plan together. I am sure it is and I highly doubt anyone is getting pushed out or at least hope not. Let's see what happens, lots of shuffling still I am sure.
Coaches can say what they want. That is simply something very easy for DH to dispute. Many people at many levels can and will vouch for DH. He will get a pass next year and in some ways the gross failures of KO will actually buy him more time. I get this board is bi-polar but the truth remains with the current roster there isn't an immediate fix. Hurley is a great coach but not a magician and he will get these kids to play hard but the talent level is lacking and results may take some time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There are many ways to negatively recruit. I can assure the masses that blaming Hurley for KOs failures is not one of them. No one has any idea if Hurley will succeed, but the narrative has changed and it would take a few years of similar failure for it to impact the Hurley era. Whatever Jalen's decision is, whatever this team's record is next year won't impact our future. The clock starts ticking with the 2019 recruiting class and Hurleys W-L record from that point forward. To over react now is simply silly.
Now that you are reassuring the masses I feel a lot better. Does this include casual fans?

Call me silly but I’m not overreacting to events as opposed to posters who are so full of themselves they confuse discourse with parameters they feel the masses should follow.

Reaction Score
Now that you are reassuring the masses I feel a lot better. Does this include casual fans?

Call me silly but I’m not overreacting to events as opposed to posters who are so full of themselves they confuse discourse with parameters they feel the masses should follow.
You are silly and I am happy to hear you are feeling better. Lets leave the discussion of who has a bigger ego for some other time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So much idle speculation here and in the CV draft thread. We don’t know what is going on. Maybe both will be back. Jalen hasn’t even said he’s testing the draft. Maybe one will go, maybe both. We have no idea really. Maybe it’s the new level of discipline, or reduced minutes, or one of 1000 other things. Or maybe CV is being pushed out and JA is upset by that. Or not. Maybe Hurley is making room for a Lecque reclass, or maybe he has no backup and doesn’t want to lose either played.

It’s all just noise at this point. We can hope for the best, but I doubt we even know what the best result is here. I certainly hope Jalen is back. I hope CV is back, if he wants to buy in to the system. I hope Hurley has a plan if either or both leave.

Reaction Score
I am not saying this is what is happening nor am I relaying an opinion on the matter. It is simply a fact. Nothing more:nothing less

Keep calm and move on if it hurts your feelings or makes you angry

Reaction Score
He should declare without an agent and come back it’s a no brianer to do that. Based on the Hurley interviews speaking on Jalen, he said something like “be the draft pick everyone projected him to be” therea been only indications that he’s staying. I think he declares without an agent and comes back that’s what he should do. CV on the other hand looks like he’s gone. If Jalen leaves for good Next year is a disaster.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Unlike Vital, who is in DisneyLand, Jalen’s a junior and he has one shot to get advice on what he needs to improve on

He’s not in the same orbit as even a second-round pick at this point, but he’s exactly the player who should take advantage of the chance.

(Part of me thinks he might declare....and stay in. Just a feeling.)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Jalen seems so aloof sometimes I bet he doesn’t even know today’s the deadline. Maybe he’s just into earth day

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Unlike Vital, who is in DisneyLand, Jalen’s a junior and he has one shot to get advice on what he needs to improve on

He’s not in the same orbit as even a second-round pick at this point, but he’s exactly the player who should take advantage of the chance.

(Part of me thinks he might declare....and stay in. Just a feeling.)
I have that same sinking feeling.
So much idle speculation here and in the CV draft thread. We don’t know what is going on. Maybe both will be back. Jalen hasn’t even said he’s testing the draft. Maybe one will go, maybe both. We have no idea really. Maybe it’s the new level of discipline, or reduced minutes, or one of 1000 other things. Or maybe CV is being pushed out and JA is upset by that. Or not. Maybe Hurley is making room for a Lecque reclass, or maybe he has no backup and doesn’t want to lose either played.

It’s all just noise at this point. We can hope for the best, but I doubt we even know what the best result is here. I certainly hope Jalen is back. I hope CV is back, if he wants to buy in to the system. I hope Hurley has a plan if either or both leave.
That covers it. I considered deleting this post because it’s too rational for The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
There isn’t a player on the current roster who makes any difference to Hurley’s success. Next season is just about establishing a base. If they win a few more games and get to the NIT or even get a long shot NCAA bid it will be nice but not really important. This is about 2019-20 and beyond. If Adams goes, he goes and maybe we struggle to get to the NIT. If Vital goes, maybe we struggle to get to the NCAA, but it really doesn’t matter. We are at the point of making a clean break with the Ollie regime.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
There isn’t a player on the current roster who makes any difference to Hurley’s success. Next season is just about establishing a base. If they win a few more games and get to the NIT or even get a long shot NCAA bid it will be nice but not really important. This is about 2019-20 and beyond. If Adams goes, he goes and maybe we struggle to get to the NIT. If Vital goes, maybe we struggle to get to the NCAA, but it really doesn’t matter. We are at the point of making a clean break with the Ollie regime.
I agree. Although it would help with recruiting to be competitive and relevant next year. Bringing kids on officials to a raucous arena and a number in front of your schools name helps tremendously.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think Geno and CD take away the phones when it is work time. Also, players can't post on social media in season. Sounds like a good idea to me.

When you're the greatest women's coach to ever live, you can do what you want.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Why create a hype video to do workouts for the draft? Hes either gone or an ego maniac

Reaction Score
I am going to be a little mind blown if a guy with no shot to get drafted created a tape to say he isn’t going to enter the draft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom