Ivy League Cancels Hoops Tournament | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ivy League Cancels Hoops Tournament

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And can someone explain to me the toilet paper thing? I mean, I guess I understand hand sanitizer selling out, but why toilet paper? I mean is it just a social media experiment just to see how much we can get people to panic?

I don’t understand toilet paper anyway. It’s 2020. Bidets are available. We’re not savages. Who wants to smear stuff with paper?

Reaction Score
Irony is young adults are least at risk of any serious complications. You’d think the Ivy League and their bastions I’d reason might apply logic instead of being consumed by hysterics. Play the damn games in closed facilities with limited attendees. Just beyond ridiculous

Reaction Score
Irony is young adults are least at risk of any serious complications. You’d think the Ivy League and their bastions I’d reason might apply logic instead of being consumed by hysterics. Play the damn games in closed facilities with limited attendees. Just beyond ridiculous

One more time. You can "carry" the virus for many days w/o showing any symptoms. We literally don't know who has it or doesn't. Your ignorance and arrogance is duly noted.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
For those who are still in the "overreaction" group - Italy just published guidance to their hospitals for recommendation on allocation criteria. It is grave - doctors and nurses now have to start to determine who to treat and who to let die.

This is a country that just over a week ago had very few cases. If you think that can't happen here then you're being willfully ignorant.

In a context of grave shortage of medical resources, the allocation criteria need to guarantee that those patients with the highest chance of therapeutic success will retain access to intensive care.

It's a matter of giving priority to 'the highest hope of life and survival.'

Reaction Score
Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world. Many of them also don't regularly see their doctors.

We're far more like South Korea than Italy.

Reaction Score
Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world. Many of them also don't regularly see their doctors.

We're far more like South Korea than Italy.

You're superstitious enough to use "Dooooooomed" as your handle and you're minimizing a global pandemic that has brought several countries to their knees?

Reaction Score
You're superstitious enough to use "Dooooooomed" as your handle and you're minimizing a global pandemic that has brought several countries to their knees?

Where did I minimize it? Are you having a panic-induced hallucination?

Reaction Score
Where did I minimize it? Are you having a panic-induced hallucination?

Maybe haha. The direct implication of your post is that we have less to worry about than Italy. Maybe you're right, maybe not. Our geographical footprint is nothing like Korea.

I was mostly trying to make a post/handle joke.

Reaction Score
Hey, it’s a really bad cold, so let’s ruin some kids possible only chance to be a part of a championship tournament. Oh, and let’s cost people a boatload of money and probably a lot of jobs. But it’s a really bad cold!

Reaction Score
Hey, it’s a really bad cold, so let’s ruin some kids possible only chance to be a part of a championship tournament. Oh, and let’s cost people a boatload of money and probably a lot of jobs. But it’s a really bad cold!
How uninformed can you be?

Reaction Score
Too much money in the men's tourney to cancel or postpone it but there is a high probability it gets played with no fans.

Doesn't that limit the money factor? Gonna be super weird to watch silent games

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My brother is Director of Public Health for a Connecticut region.

All I can specifically tell you right now is buckle up kids.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My brother is Direct of Public Health for a Connecticut region.

All I can specifically tell you right now is buckle up kids.

My wife is a teacher, and at this point I'm fully expecting that all classes throughout the state are going to be cancelled starting Monday. I don't have any inside information whatsoever, this is pure speculation.

Reaction Score
Not having fans at the NCAA's will suck some energy from the arena and the game...

Be like a Miami home game.

Maybe I'll watch and cheer with the crowd at the bar...but more likely, I'll be hunkered down in front of my Samsung.

My wife and I are now taking this seriously enough to start limiting social contacts.

Not hermits, but cutting back on interactions.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Numbers came directly from CDC site. What news media site should we be looking at? The media is reporting 10's of thousand when the CDC is saying 647? I wonder why people are panicking.

Here yah go pal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom