Ivy League Cancels Hoops Tournament | The Boneyard

Ivy League Cancels Hoops Tournament

Reaction Score
yale was projected to get in no matter what so no chance for a bid stealer...but wow

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's possible Yale decides they will not play in the NCAA tournament...

Reaction Score
they were projected to get in no matter what so no chance for a bid stealer...but wow

Sort of a bummer for Harvard, who was one game back in the standings and, I think, swept both games this season.

Reaction Score
The more conferences do this, the fewer bids get stolen, and the more bubble teams get bids. Probably won't matter to UConn even if they beat Wichita and Cincy, but you never know.

Reaction Score
Too much money in the men's tourney to cancel or postpone it but there is a high probability it gets played with no fans.

Reaction Score
Crazy. Feel like it would have made more sense to play the games in an empty arena. Can't imagine how the players feel, especially the Harvard kids, who were in 1st place until they lost to Brown in the last game of the year. They were hosting the tournament too.

Gotta say, I'm excited Yale is gonna make the tournament though. I go to a few games there every year. Will be happy to root for them in the first round.

Reaction Score
Come on this is getting ridiculous now plus my new Britain high squad was set to play number one NFA tomorrow night and they just canceled the Connecticut high school state tournament -really?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I'm amazed at the degree of panic-driven overreaction to this thing. The advice for protection against this virus is consistent with the time-tested advisories which include hand washing, avoiding touching facial orifices, wiping down surfaces, etc. If people choose to avoid travel or public gatherings, let it be a personal decision. Exponentially more people were diagnosed and died from non-corona flu virus here in the US last year but I don't recall hearing about events being canceled and people panicking. Why can't people just be sensible? Practice good and sensible hygiene practices, and if you are at higher risk with a compromised immune system, avoid putting yourself at greater risk for infection. The vast majority of people, those in low-risk categories, are experiencing only typical, non-life threatening flu symptoms. I have to think somewhere there are people grinning at the frenzied response to this thing and the effect it is having on everyday life and the economy.

Reaction Score
I have to think somewhere there are people grinning at the frenzied response to this thing and the effect it is having on everyday life and the economy.
And can someone explain to me the toilet paper thing? I mean, I guess I understand hand sanitizer selling out, but why toilet paper? I mean is it just a social media experiment just to see how much we can get people to panic?

Reaction Score
I don’t understand why they won’t let them play in empty arenas ? Imagine being a senior

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sort of a bummer for Harvard, who was one game back in the standings and, I think, swept both games this season.
A combination of caution, integrity, and signaling, "Hey, this is real." And Harvard was the host site. Then again, "Tough to beat a good team 3 times in one season. "

Reaction Score
I'm amazed at the degree of panic-driven overreaction to this thing. The advice for protection against this virus is consistent with the time-tested advisories which include hand washing, avoiding touching facial orifices, wiping down surfaces, etc. If people choose to avoid travel or public gatherings, let it be a personal decision. Exponentially more people were diagnosed and died from non-corona flu virus here in the US last year but I don't recall hearing about events being canceled and people panicking. Why can't people just be sensible? Practice good and sensible hygiene practices, and if you are at higher risk with a compromised immune system, avoid putting yourself at greater risk for infection. The vast majority of people, those in low-risk categories, are experiencing only typical, non-life threatening flu symptoms. I have to think somewhere there are people grinning at the frenzied response to this thing and the effect it is having on everyday life and the economy.
At first I didn't think we were overreacting but now it seems pretty clear we are. If you're 65-70 plus and have copd, pulmonary fibrosis, a compromised immune system. You should maybe avoid huge crowds for the next couple months and probably postpone your cruise or flight if you can, other than that carry on as usual and wash your hands more than usual.

People are in an absolute panic and we're heading towards Martial Law in areas. All it's doing is creating fear and disruption.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Maybe your certainty is warranted. I don't know with equal confidence.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I think the big issue is that we don't have enough hospital beds, medical supplies, and health care workers to handle the entire country getting infected in such a short period of time. By slowing down the rate at which we get infected, it makes it easier for the health care industry to keep up and by extension, saves lives.

Reaction Score
It should be the opposite of a bar. If you want to go out somewhere you get carded and if you are 60 and older you dont get in.

Reaction Score
I think the big issue is that we don't have enough hospital beds, medical supplies, and health care workers to handle the entire country getting infected in such a short period of time. By slowing down the rate at which we get infected, it makes it easier for the health care industry to keep up and by extension, saves lives.
That's true, except the vast majority of cases will not need any of the above. The hospitalization rate is very low in non-identified higher risk individuals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom