I've Seen Enuff...HURLEY IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I've Seen Enuff...HURLEY IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Until a team like Morehead becomes a victim of a 30 point blow out, UCONN is not back. Squeaking by with a 10 point win is not enough. Granted, Hurley doesn’t have the horses yet, but this is far from UCONN expectations

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Until a team like Morehead becomes a victim of a 30 point blow out, UCONN is not back. Squeaking by with a 10 point win is not enough. Granted, Hurley doesn’t have the horses yet, but this is far from UCONN expectations

Oh.

Reaction Score

You'll get grief for this, and while you're not wrong, it's also true that Hurley has brought a whole different attitude and atmosphere to this program that shows up during the game and portends well for us going forward.

Reaction Score
Had to stream the game but from the way it sounded our Huskies were pretty active. Congrats!! Sounds like coach got the fellas playing at a pace that has been missing for awhile. Although it was one game, I like the energy that was on display.

Reaction Score
We lose by 20 without the coaching change.

Hurley does seem like a young Calhoun. It's 1990 all over again! Where's the Gaza Stripper?

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This team is in a whole different orbit compared to last season. We would be down 10 and you would be watching Dr. K Exotic Animal Vet.
No . You would.

Others are the type of UConn fans who stuck it out no matter how bad it got.

To each his own.

But I too enjoyed the energy we played with. It’s a bottom level building block and I like the possibilities.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This game and result were closer to last year then this year's potential ceiling if that makes sense. UConn will improve a lot this year.

Yeah pretty much.

The foot off the gas/careless mistakes when up margins where a spurt could end it were eerily familiar, but I have no doubt that will be a major point for Hurley early this season.

Reaction Score
It is going to take some time until the guys get the new system and understand their roles. Results could be closer to last year until February. People need to be patient.

Reaction Score
You'll get grief for this, and while you're not wrong, it's also true that Hurley has brought a whole different attitude and atmosphere to this program that shows up during the game and portends well for us going forward.

No doubt about it. Hurley has brought a whole new intensity and by all accounts, accountability as well. Both extremely positive attributes and will pay dividends in the long term. He just doesn’t have the team yet.

This will take time, but in reality, the performance last night was not that special. Just step one in a 1000 step process.

Reaction Score
No doubt about it. Hurley has brought a whole new intensity and by all accounts, accountability as well. Both extremely positive attributes and will pay dividends in the long term. He just doesn’t have the team yet.

This will take time, but in reality, the performance last night was not that special. Just step one in a 1000 step process.
Step one is always special

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No . You would.

Others are the type of UConn fans who stuck it out no matter how bad it got.

To each his own.

But I too enjoyed the energy we played with. It’s a bottom level building block and I like the possibilities.

Not gonna lie I turned a flew games off at the half last year. The completely unwatchable ones. Sometimes, when I was feeling particularly masochistic, I stuck around til the buzzer

Reaction Score
They certainly played hard and more aggressively but what strikes me is the lack of real talent on this team. Recruiting needs to really move up if we want to get back to UConn basketball. Oh Adams is good. Gilbert needs to stop getting lost among the trees, and maybe that improves as he gets back in game shape. the rest is very mediocre.

Reaction Score

This was not squeaking by.

Reaction Score
It wasn’t squeaking by but it wasn’t a blowout by any means either. It never really had the feel of a game we would lose which is huge progress for a team that has lost to the likes of Wagner and Northeastern in the recent past. On the other hand it never had the feel of a dominating performance either. I just don’t think we have the horses to dominate mid majors at the moment.

Reaction Score
We looked much better than I expected, even if the result was closer than we all hoped. It feels good to have...

1) A real basketball coach again and not a rudderless ship.
2) A true PG in Gilbert who allows to Jalen to be our secondary ball-handler.
3) A big man who's a threat in the PnR in Carlton.

We are still short on talent and there are many areas we need to improve on but the team played hard and with a purpose like they had a goal and worked hard towards executing it. We showed more cohesion last night--with a new coach and many new pieces--than we did in any game the last two seasons I can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom