I've Seen Enuff...HURLEY IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I've Seen Enuff...HURLEY IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
LOVED the energy last night for cupcake #1. Hope this continues as the schedule gets increasingly more difficult.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
i am cautiously optimistic, but lets see if we can score against the 2-3
We have the tools but I'd feel better about it if the game were later in the season. Would love to see Josh making foul line jumpers all night like the old Calhoun teams.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that Wilson, Yakwe, and Diarra didn't play. The margin of victory with those guys would've been more that 10
Your point stands, but Yakwe did play one minute last night. Looked absolutely lost, but that's to be expected.

Reaction Score
In general the most likeable a person can be is right after you first get to know them. You say hello how ya doing, oh what a great guy. Then over time you slowly get to know them. The flaws you never saw on day one become apparent. Eventually you hate them. (just kidding, maybe) Granted this is not for every individual but think how many people were great.... initially. Wait, think about all the love for KO here initially. Remember when we were taking the stairs not the elevator? This is Hurley's honeymoon and yes at this point he's a God. He will be criticized by many on this board before too long. May the honeymoon never end, or at least let it become just a solid marriage.

pj

Reaction Score
In general the most likeable a person can be is right after you first get to know them. You say hello how ya doing, oh what a great guy. Then over time you slowly get to know them. The flaws you never saw on day one become apparent. Eventually you hate them. (just kidding, maybe) Granted this is not for every individual but think how many people were great.... initially. Wait, think about all the love for KO here initially. Remember when we were taking the stairs not the elevator? This is Hurley's honeymoon and yes at this point he's a God. He will be criticized by many on this board before too long. May the honeymoon never end, or at least let it become just a solid marriage.

This is so true. When JC arrived I loved him. Then he lost his second game to Yale and I hated him.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Do you walk outside to get the mail and yell at yourself to get off the lawn? DB post.
There's a lot of that going around. UConn has to get better right quick and gain some younger fans. The base is getting old and crotchety.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I couldn't stand one of longest and closest friends when we first met. In fact, I used to prank him relentlessly. Eventually he wore me down though. Outstanding guy and thoroughly misunderstood by most people who meet him.

Reaction Score
I hope Hurley does not get attacked here and he does have slack for quite awhile but anyone who reads the Yard knows it can can be a tough crowd and it will happen. He is the golden boy now though.

Reaction Score
There are some bad habits that will eventually wear off. He is teaching you can tell for sure in a few players and things in the game. You hear from the interviews they feel more positive and passionate about the “team” and the coaching they are getting. These are all the initial points needed to now begin the improvement of the players on court games.

He’s doing a great job early but there will still be speed bumps. Still my expectations this year is this team will be a tough out coming February and hopefully their record will have withstood enough tests to give them a chance to make a run at the dance. That would be a successful first year with getting in being a bonus.

Reaction Score
He’s obviously a good coach and let’s face it, he has enough talented guards to make this happen. We’re going to find out pretty soon too.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He’s obviously a good coach and let’s face it, he has enough talented guards to make this happen. We’re going to find out pretty soon too.
Jalen absolutely needs to start games wide awake. Can't afford no-shows in the first half.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of that going around. UConn has to get better right quick and gain some younger fans. The base is getting old and crotchety.[/QUOTE

Actually, the base has gotten crotch and scratchity.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that Wilson, Yakwe, and Diarra didn't play. The margin of victory with those guys would've been more that 10

The margin would have been bigger if Whaley didn’t get hurt in the first half. He would have kept Harris more in check in the second half.

Reaction Score
Hurley is definitely changing the culture. This does not look like last year’s team and that’s a good thing. These guys are fun to watch
Energy level, defensive intensity, ball and player movement is signficantly better. I don’t know if we can hang with the best but we should be gritty and competitive. Still need to get better down low on the boards.

Reaction Score
No joke, I just woke up and saw the score and thought it was the women's game so i went to check the women's stats and saw a different score.

The only explanation was that ESPN has screwed up - it took a little while before I realized it was the men.

Nice to see a true rout!

Screenshot_20181112-072445.png

Reaction Score
I'd be worried if the Women's team only beat UMKC by 28...

But I still love your reaction! :p

Reaction Score
Hurley is a preacher, not God yet. Our church is growing though and I'm still a member. I will say his choir (team) is heavenly right now.

Remember Calhoun is still around, and we can only have one.

Reaction Score
Energy level, defensive intensity, ball and player movement is signficantly better. I don’t know if we can hang with the best but we should be gritty and competitive. Still need to get better down low on the boards.

This is it. We see what we’re gonna get in terms of effort and defense. Whether we can make that into something elite remains to be seen.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
3 schwing passes after that low block double team for the open 3. Beautiful game when played right.
Are you referring to the Yakwe outlet from down low to the top of the arc and then the whip arounds to the corner for the trey?

Reaction Score
Are you referring to the Yakwe outlet from down low to the top of the arc and then the whip arounds to the corner for the trey?
That was the one I was assuming he was talking about.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Yup. Gorgeous basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69