It's now fair to wonder about coaching . . . | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It's now fair to wonder about coaching . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And also well below the expectations of a #30-40 recruit. That's been an underdiscussed aspect of this roster's demise. He was supposed to be the next great guard/wing. When's the last time a guy ranked that highly turned into a complete zero for us?
It's unfortunate, because his freshman year was quite good. Clearly this is a case of injuries doing someone in--both in confidence and athleticism.

Reaction Score
To each their own. But you can't go by Joe D's radio telecast you need to watch the game to have a fair opinion.

As an FYI he said he was in great shape and ready to go this year so let's stop with the excuses. Omar has performed at a level well below the stashed away ferrari.

I agree. And whatever the case may be, it does not bode well for our program.

I don't want to tell you guys I told you so. But I was never a fan of RP since the very beginning as you can look up my posts about him.
I wonder what KO sees in him when recruiting him.

Today's game has me wonder if the Ferrari needs a brain surgeon because I literally don't know what he was thinking during those fked-up, consecutive plays of his.

Reaction Score
I agree. And whatever the case may be, it does not bode well for our program.

I don't want to tell you guys I told you so. But I was never a fan of RP since the very beginning as you can look up my posts about him.
I wonder what KO sees in him when recruiting him.

Today's game has me wonder if the Ferrari needs a brain surgeon because I literally don't know what he was thinking during those fked-up, consecutive plays of his.

We need to stop with Rodney though because at least while making a couple mistakes he also made some plays, can't say the same for the likes of Omar, Facey and Samuel right?

Reaction Score
We need to stop with Rodney though because at least while making a couple mistakes he also made some plays, can't say the same for the likes of Omar, Facey and Samuel right?
Seriously...RP had a bad game, but I still think this kid will be a very solid contributor. Dude didn't play competitively for a year, and then had surgery! I think he'll be more consistent next year.

EDIT: I was surprised to see RP's stats. Not a bad game. But it felt like it sometimes watching it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seriously...RP had a bad game, but I still think this kid will be a very solid contributor. Dude didn't play competitively for a year, and then had surgery! I think he'll be more consistent next year.

That's what I am hoping to see next year. With JA and SE coming in, i hope our shooting guard position is at least holding up its own by rotation of RP, OC, and maybe Cassell.

Reaction Score
That's what I am hoping to see next year. With JA and SE coming in, i hope our shooting guard position is at least holding up its own by rotation of RP, OC, and maybe Cassell.
SG isn't going to be our problem. Purvis was by no means great today, but he had 18 on 6-11.

I'm worried about a freshman 1, on the ball and team defense, and rebounding! from our 5, and getting any production from our 4.

Reaction Score
I literally don't know what he was thinking during those fked-up, consecutive plays of his.
I missed this - which plays are you talking about specifically?

Reaction Score
SG isn't going to be our problem. Purvis was by no means great today, but he had 18 on 6-11.

I'm worried about a freshman 1, on the ball and team defense, and rebounding! from our 5, and getting any production from our 4.

That's it. I am more optimistic about PG with JA than our shooting guards because I've seen them all.
Speaking of rebounding, check out RP's rebounding...in all his college years despite his physique and athleticism, and compared his to Boat or Bazz.

Reaction Score
That's it. I am more optimistic about PG with JA than our shooting guards because I've seen them all.
Speaking of rebounding, check out RP's rebounding...in all his college years despite his physique and athleticism, and compared his to Boat or Bazz.
I suspect some of that is coaching. He doesn't crash the boards, he leaks out. He's big and strong and can (hasn't always) finish well. I think they probably want him finishing theoretical fast breaks because of that...and because it would help his confidence.

I think we're seeing now closer to the real Purvis. Off-season surgery and time away from DI ball makes you rusty. Hopefully next year he'll be a better free throw shooter (and he was 4 for 4 today) and more consistent. I think there's a 40% chance he's our leading scorer (as DHam is right behind, but plays more a secondary play making position).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom