It's not coaching | The Boneyard

It's not coaching

Reaction Score
I loved seeing Hawk screaming in the huddle with before the final play.

Only to watch Sanogo and Jackson not even jump for a rebound.

If I were hawk, I’d be screaming the whole ride home for anyone who wants or doesn’t want to listen.

Reaction Score
It's mentally soft players. Full stop.
It's definitely part coaching. Both seton hall and St johns can't shoot. We play a 2-3 zone with DC in the middle we don't get in foul trouble and we don't lose. Seton Hall is small - now way they could handle the both of them on the Offensive end. Instead we adjust our lineup to the other team's lineup like we always do. And how Clinigan wasn't in to protect the rim at the end there is a coaching felony!!!!

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
I loved seeing Hawk screaming in the huddle with before the final play.

Only to watch Sanogo and Jackson not even jump for a rebound.

If I were hawk, I’d be screaming the whole ride home for anyone who wants or doesn’t want to listen.
Screaming is wonderful.. However he was invisible in the second half, which is ridiculous for a supposed lottery pick.. and worse yet, it’s a trend

Reaction Score
It's mentally soft players. Full stop.
It's all coaching. Hurley took the long process of building this thing and has talked nonstop about culture and toughness. It's now year 5 with nothing to show for it and we're still as fragile as it gets. Five seasons with a bunch of different players throughout and they always wilt.

Meanwhile Sean Miller comes in year one and has his team ranked #8 in the country and they look like an offensive juggernaut. Shaka Smart comes into Marquette and takes them to the tournament his first season and now they're #20 in the country in his second season. UConn has a lot more talent than either team on paper. I can name a bunch of other coaches who turned their programs around right away.

It's all about coaching or a lack of coaching.

Reaction Score
No, but Sanogo on the floor instead of Clingan to defend against a final shot up one sure as hell is.

If Clingan is in on defense, he grabs that rebound and we win. That’s coaching.
We wouldn’t be in that position if Sanogo would’ve made the damn layup lol. We didn’t lose because of “coaching” tonight. We lost because our players have turned into mental midgets at any sight of adversity and pressure

Reaction Score
If Clingan is in on defense, he grabs that rebound and we win. That’s coaching.
You're right, because SH only got 3 offensive rebounds in the 2h alone while he was on the floor. No chance he was giving up a 4th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom