It's not coach P..... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It's not coach P.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the RUTGERS argument now for 10 years. During Edsall's years, you never saw it on the field. PP is just not good here.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Great job as usual mods. Please don't ban me for my sarcastic jab at your outstanding moderation of the BY.

I remember when EagleAction banned everyone with the word Husky or UConn in their handle. I got banned and I probably made 2 posts over there that were not in any way insulting. You want to be on one of those boards that bans people just for being fans of other programs? I don't.

The Rutgers guy is a bit condescending but I don't see any flaming or bannable behavior. And the stuff said by UConn fans about UConn has been far worse than what the RU guy said.

Reaction Score
Just some facts and food for thought since all of you are so eager to blame coach P for something he has no control over. Recruiting. With the terrible recruits that UCONN brought in over the last few years, don't you think the chickens are coming home to roost?

I posted this a few months ago only to be ridiculed for the truth. You cannot win games if you do not have talent. Period.
You are an idiot.
Rivals recruiting class rankings over last few years. SU and UCONN are identical hence their on field performance this year. Think about it.
EAC6274B-36C0-472A-8590-85C09DBC8859-558-00000062B483078F_zps3d469d1d.jpg

It's also not coach P's fault that there is no instate talent.

Reaction Score
I am not trying to have arguments here. I've said my piece which is my opinion....doesn't necessarily make me right or wrong. Some of you actually took your UCONN glasses off and see the point that I was trying to make.

I cannot wait to come up to Storrs this year. It should be a good game, especially so late in the season.

You gave opinions, we gave you facts. now move along.

Reaction Score
In the last 5 years, your best recruiting class has been 2013 which was all coach P.

What I am saying is that you have no instate talent.....NJ is locked up by Rutgers/PennState/Michigan/OhioSt.....NY pretty much belongs to an array of teams. You have no where to recruit. This is starting to show on the field. Hell, if you have great talent even you would be able to win a few games here and there. Look at coach Flood, he's a rookie and he's still winning games. It's probably not due to his coaching skill either.
No one cares about whatever you have to say. Just go home.

Reaction Score
I remember when EagleAction banned everyone with the word Husky or UConn in their handle. I got banned and I probably made 2 posts over there that were not in any way insulting. You want to be on one of those boards that bans people just for being fans of other programs? I don't.

The Rutgers guy is a bit condescending but I don't see any flaming or bannable behavior. And the stuff said by UConn fans about UConn has been far worse than what the RU guy said.

Might have something to do with some BY posters mentioning a certain someone and getting a long weekend off, over labor day weekend nonetheless. Nothing flaming nor bannable was said there either. No TOS violations, nada. Meanwhile these guys are able to come here and spew their trash. Their concern is not for UCONN football, it's trolling to work up a over worked fan base.

It is what it is though. It's your guys party.

Reaction Score
As I've said in my OP...it's not the coaches but the lack of good recruits in the area. You can have Saban coaching these kids and you guys would still lose games.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
As I've said in my OP...it's not the coaches but the lack of good recruits in the area. You can have Saban coaching these kids and you guys would still lose games.

It's ok, the Connecticut High School Football Coaches Association loved PP!

Reaction Score
Go yourself

Reaction Score
Coach Flood reaching into the archives for a trolling lifeline. GFY.

Reaction Score

Is that why UConn is putting a lot of players in the NFL?

Reaction Score
Shouldn't you be busy with the Rutgers Spirit Committee deciding who gets stuck polishing all of the championship trophies in the Rutty trophy case? Must take hours to coordinate all the manpower required to complete that task.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When your team looks like it was playing Hearts during the off season, I think the Coach bears a lot of responsibility.

There is no doubt we are starting over from square one. Does anyone know where they stored the trailers?

Reaction Score
In the last 5 years, your best recruiting class has been 2013 which was all coach P.

What I am saying is that you have no instate talent.....NJ is locked up by Rutgers/PennState/Michigan/OhioSt.....NY pretty much belongs to an array of teams. You have no where to recruit. This is starting to show on the field. Hell, if you have great talent even you would be able to win a few games here and there. Look at coach Flood, he's a rookie and he's still winning games. It's probably not due to his coaching skill either.

You could have made the same argument for the women's basketball program back in 1985 before they hired Geno. It's all about hiring the right coach for the job and also hiring the right AD. If the right guy is hired the recruits will come, IMO if Lew Perkins doesn't leave UCONN in 03, conference realignment goes much, much better for UCONN. Edsall probably stays here and recruiting sees an uptick. It's all about who's running the show, lack of talent instate is inconsequential. Coach P was a bad hire, hired by an even worse AD, and where we are now is the result.

Reaction Score
Is that why UConn is putting a lot of players in the NFL?
A lot of the UCONN kids in the NFL were not highly recruited, and that means they (the coaches) could recognize talent when others couldn't and knew how to teach the game.

Reaction Score
A lot of the UCONN kids in the NFL were not highly recruited, and that means they (the coaches) could recognize talent when others couldn't and knew how to teach the game.

Same holds true though for Connecticut players in general. 11 of the 41 two star players in D1 over the last 5 years made the NFL. The rate is better than 25%. This leads me to believe Conn. is underrecruited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom