It's ASJHA! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

It's ASJHA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All good comments.... this whole AJ issue it looks like is going to take a while to settle down..... can you just imagine what blowback would be like if GA actually had significant input into choosing team roster? Wow.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eric, if you recall, the same people dissing the choice of AJ were going crazy when Simmons was cut from the team Jen Rizzoti coached. They called her Geno's lackey and insulted USA basketball over that choice.
Good point. I guess we just have to say "consider the source" when they come up with that kind of drivel...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Eric, if you recall, the same people dissing the choice of AJ were going crazy when Simmons was cut from the team Jen Rizzoti coached. They called her Geno's lackey and insulted USA basketball over that choice.
Yep. And Simmons wasn't even a true starter on a team that lost 8 games and didn't make it out of their region.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Yep. And Simmons wasn't even a true starter on a team that lost 8 games and didn't make it out of their region.

Almost every stat regressed from her freshman year. Points, assists, rebounds, FG %, 3PT %. All down and some considerably.

They really need a bounce back year from her.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Them grapes is mighty sour over there in the hollers.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
That was 2 years ago. It's really about who's in form now. Personally I would have been fine with Brunson, Dupree or Jones. None of the 3 were/are going to have a big impact anyway.....hopefully. With a 10 player rotation it's hard to spread around minutes, let alone the 11th or 12th player.

Meyers, I don't think at this level that players can be dismissed as 11th & 12th players. They all have the quality of starters.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers, I don't think at this level that players can be dismissed as 11th & 12th players. They all have the quality of starters.
Yes they do, but they are not all gonna be used that much. Geno isn't gonna be rotating 12 players. Equally anyway. Especially in the medal round (tighter) games. I'm sure they will get some playing time, but to think they are going to make a significant contribution........??????

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Yes they do, but they are not all gonna be used that much. Geno isn't gonna be rotating 12 players. Equally anyway. Especially in the medal round (tighter) games. I'm sure they will get some playing time, but to think they are going to make a significant contribution........??????

I'll accept your "equally anyway"; still much latitude.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
If all healthy, that looks about right to me. I could see him making adjustments with the Catchings/Parker positions based on matchups, but that looks like the most talented and experienced line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom