It's ASJHA! | The Boneyard

It's ASJHA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Congrats, well-deserved!! Tireless worker, team player, humble, gritty, nard-nosed, do-it-all player. So unbelieveably happy and excited for her and her family!!! Excited for this summer, damn I wish I had enough money to go.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
A great choice. I am glad I was wrong about a guard. Those calling for a front court player were right. Great call.

And how they react is a side benefit.

U

UCONNfan1

Congrats to a well deserving woman. I couldn't be happier or more proud of her and how she will represent this country.

Sue, Diana, Swin, Maya, Tina and Ashja. UCONN alums represent 50% of the Olympic team. and every single one of them is totally deserving.

Reaction Score
If Tamika was still playing it would be a reunion of the Best Women's College Basketball team in History.

Reaction Score
Geno wants to win the game and now he put the team in the best position.........Congrats!! Ashja and Team USA

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
YES !!! YES !! YES !!! YES !! YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“It’s an honor,” said Jones. “My mom, everyone in my family is so excited for me. I think it’s exciting how people respond to you when you tell them. A lot of people want to cry."

Link to story on USA Basketball website

act_asjha_jones.jpg

10_wnt_jones_bio_300.jpg

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yeah, there is clearly no doubt now that their UConn team was the best ever. Can you imagine another college team where FIVE players from the same team are on the Olympic squad? Griner and Sims may well be one year, and Tina and Maya, but other than that...that's unreal.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I read the "other" board for kicks and of course, the conspiracy theories abound. There is also talk that Courtney Vandersloot should be groomed to be the next Sue because "at this point in her career, she's better than Sue was" (minus a few NCs and an undefeated seasons, but whatever)

Also, Nneka should be on there because she had as good a senior season as Maya and Maya "most certainly did no have a season in the W that set her apart from other WNBA talent."

Huh. Other than the whole Rookie of the Year thing, and a starter on the championship team, and a member of the gold medal winning World Championship team, they're right. Nothing set her apart.

Reaction Score
WOOHOO!!!! WOOHOOO!!!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!

I'm bouncing up and down with joy! I'm so happy for my gal Asjha!

Seriously, it's nice to see someone who is such a low key, hard worker get rewarded.

I shall now return to bouncing up and down.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Geno may not be bouncing up and down, but I know he shares your enthusiasm regarding this selection.

At the collegiate level, 160 wins in a row represented among these six Huskies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I was about to complain that my first choice Candace was overlooked but a look the stats (similar) but higher FG pct with Asjha and more of a real power forward + clinches it for me.

A tough call, open to second guesses and snickers from the rest of WCBB but if they win, you'll hear no complaints.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
I am SO excited about this selection!!!

I'm joining hoopsdiva in bouncing around in joy!!!!

Just a great honor for a great woman.

U

UCONNfan1

I was about to complain that my first choice Candace was overlooked but a look the stats (similar) but higher FG pct with Asjha and more of a real power forward + clinches it for me.

A tough call, open to second guesses and snickers from the rest of WCBB but if they win, you'll hear no complaints.
2nd guesses and snickers from the rest of WCBB? hardly. 6 UCONN players represented for Team USA in the World Championships. In fact, I think it was the same 6.

The only people pissing and moaning are the maroons in orange. Geno made the committee choose her, there are tons of more qualified candidates, blah blah. The amount of incoherrent ineptitude over there is mind boggling.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There is also talk that Courtney Vandersloot should be groomed to be the next Sue because "at this point in her career, she's better than Sue was" (minus a few NCs and an undefeated seasons, but whatever)

Where exactly is this talk? Not close.

In Sue's rookie year she started every game, averaged 6 APG, 14.4 PPG, shot 40% on 3s, selected 1st team All-WNBA and led Seattle to its first ever playoff appearance.

Vandersloot started 26 games, averaged 3.7 APG, 6.5 PPG, shot 27% on 3s, selected to WNBA All-Rookie team and Chicago did not make the playoffs.

I like Vandersloot a lot but she has a long way to go before reaching Sue Bird's accomplishments.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So very happy for Asjha. She will do Uconn proud.

And a recent reminder....

"Having averaged 20.25 points and 10.75 rebounds per game during the Final Eight, Asjha Jones from Rivas Ecopolis was named the MVP of the tournament." (EuroLeague Women - April 1st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom