img_2788-gif.93068

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
where are you watching this? I've got nothing on youtube TV

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Not to bring back the Stewart/Ross sidetopic but DeAndre Daniel's got no burn his freshman year at all. Neither did Hilton Armstrong they both ended up doing really well.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hawk still can't really dribble. He loses the ball a couple times a game on drives (either stripped or just on his own). It's pretty bizarre. I made a point of checking his hand-size during the combine to see if he just couldn't control the ball well enough. Small but not like an outlier.

Makes me wonder if he just spent all his time working off the ball and never dribbled enough to practice, or if he realized he was utter poop at dribbling sometime along the way and decided to focus on off ball movement lol.
Feel like it has to be the former.

Making your handle better is not a hard thing to do if you make it a priority. He may have been focused on more off ball stuff this offseason seeing as his role was playing off Zion and Ingram.

One of these summers he’ll have to work focus on that handle and playmaking though to really make that jump. He’s on his way to being a star.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not to bring back the Stewart/Ross sidetopic but DeAndre Daniel's got no burn his freshman year at all. Neither did Hilton Armstrong they both ended up doing really well.
Deandre started 12 games his freshman year and Hilton started 22.

They didn’t play well and ended up out the lineup by the end of the year, but they did play. Calhoun had a way of giving guys chances and putting them out there until they showed they weren’t ready.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It’s funny but maybe other than Ray Allen Hawk is the former Husky I have followed the most as a rookie. And because I get all the nba games now when I did not I know I am watching more of Hawk than I did Ray. With Ray I felt I had a connection as I was living in SC and went to a bunch of his high school games and got to meet him at one of them. I had a well connected friend who got me a meet and greet. He was so humble called me sir and here I am in my mid twenties. But Hawk the minute I saw his first shot I thought I saw greatness and I am going to follow him closely. He really is so much like Ray. If you remember Ray did not have handle as well. He would bounce the ball to high and good defenders could time that and pick his pocket. He eventually got better but he was never a + ball handler. Ray got the job done. I think Hawk elevates more than Ray on his shot. Could be the longer arms but they are very similar players. Ray was a year older his rookie season so we need to keep that in mind.

Reaction Score
that link is a shitshow. thanks.
You need some patience the first time, until you get the hang of it. Unless you use an ad blocker, (i use brave browser), then it's just like any other link.

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m biased. Just watched this highlights reel from his last game, his shots are just beautiful and pure, even more so than Ray’s. @husky429 agree?

Think this is only his 17 games in the league.

I think Jordan’s form is more aesthetically pleasing, but Ray’s form is the one of the more perfect forms that one would build in a lab to create the most ideal shooter.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Maybe I’m biased. Just watched this highlights reel from his last game, his shots are just beautiful and pure, even more so than Ray’s.

Think this is only his 17 games in the league.

I was watching at Gamecast, not the game but it looks like he didn't get as many looks in the 2nd half and they ended up losing. He was 20/5/2 at the half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom