ITM, Hawk continues to fly high | Page 6 | The Boneyard

ITM, Hawk continues to fly high

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m biased. Just watched this highlights reel from his last game, his shots are just beautiful and pure, even more so than Ray’s. @husky429 agree?

Think this is only his 17 games in the league.

Everyone's shot is different based on their body. Hard to say Ray's shot wasn't "perfect" or "pure" when he was that successful shooting it, even if it isn't exactly how they teach shooting these days.

Fair to say Ray and Jordan are the 1a and 1b of UConn snipers.

Reaction Score
Remember how he hang his head after a bad play or a shot did not go in?

The kid had flipped a switch. I wonder how much a role our coaches have played in building his confidence up!

His confidence improved so much between freshman and sophomore year, and it hasn’t waned in the NBA. What a great thing to see.

I remember when Hurley was talking up Hawkins constantly last offseason, calling him an NBA player, etc., much to the chagrin of some on this board. I don’t know if it was done with the intent of pumping up Hawkins’s confidence, but it’s pretty clear Hurley was 100% right about him.

Reaction Score
Watching him off-ball is like watching a slot receiver. A guy like Redick was lauded as a movement shooter but his advantage was endless endurance. Hawk’s agility and ability to juke the defender is next level.

Reaction Score
I know almost all of us have seen this at one time or the other, many times. I simply cannot stop watching this video, and yet I’m still amazed by his off ball movement and lightning fast release as if the ball moved by his chi.

caw

Reaction Score
Everyone's shot is different based on their body. Hard to say Ray's shot wasn't "perfect" or "pure" when he was that successful shooting it, even if it isn't exactly how they teach shooting these days.

Fair to say Ray and Jordan are the 1a and 1b of UConn snipers.

In the NBA yes. College only, there might be some arguments I think.

Reaction Score
Ray and Hawk don’t shoot from the stomach like many do today, thanks to guys like Steph Curry popularizing it,

I don’t see any difference in the level of purity between Hawk and Ray’s shot. They both shoot a textbook classic jump shot. There other guys that do as well, but these two seem to have the prettiest jumpers you’ll see anywhere.

caw

Reaction Score
2222222.png

Pretty similar IMO, not exactly the same though.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ray and Hawk don’t shoot from the stomach like many do today, thanks to guys like Steph Curry popularizing it,

I don’t see any difference in the level of purity between Hawk and Ray’s shot. They both shoot a textbook classic jump shot. There other guys that do as well, but these two seem to have the prettiest jumpers you’ll see anywhere.
So are you saying that their jumpers have… no dip?

Sometimes I get proven right over time. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know almost all of us have seen this at one time or the other, many times. I simply cannot stop watching this video, and yet I’m still amazed by his off ball movement and lightning fast release as if the ball moved by his chi.

Rip Hamilton worked with him his sophomore year. To me his movement Rip. Hamilton used to wear people down over the course of game. Could you imagine having to chase Jordan over the course of an entire game?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
So are you saying that their jumpers have… no dip?

Sometimes I get proven right over time. ;)
I would not start the argument over jump start form. While I agree with you it really looks like they are teaching it differently now because the mid range shot is not as important. So when these kids are young they have to reach from 25ft. The mechanics have changed. Now they are looking at how long it takes you to shoot the ball. I think Steph to some extent has impacted the game when it comes to shooting. Since he can shoot if from so many different angles and release points he becomes more difficult to defend at his height. And so everyone is teaching that approach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Same!

In the moment?
In the money??

It's driving me crazy
Pretty sure it is"In the meantime".
It took me a second to figure it out though.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Been trying to figure this out for awhile now: what is ITM?

I think it's one of those machines you can put your debit card into to get some cash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom