Italy Game and Pictures (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Italy Game and Pictures (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the strengths of the men's team last year is that they could bring in player after player who was (almost) as good as the one that they were spelling. (Think Clingan replacing Sanogo) I believe the women can do that this year. We're so used to having our starters play to the point of exhaustion with substitutes only playing during garbage time. We should be able to cut individual minutes down, hopefully heading off some injuries. That can only be good for the team.

Reaction Score
One of the strengths of the men's team last year is that they could bring in player after player who was (almost) as good as the one that they were spelling. (Think Clingan replacing Sanogo) I believe the women can do that this year. We're so used to having our starters play to the point of exhaustion with substitutes only playing during garbage time. We should be able to cut individual minutes down, hopefully heading off some injuries. That can only be good for the team.

Not to mention yearend/tournament burnout and exhaustion.

Reaction Score
I love that UCONN is getting to play ball in the summer and have a nice vacation too. But the quality of the teams they are playing is laughable and only serves as floor time for the youngsters. I would put zero weight in anything you see in these games as it pertains to what the team will do in the fall.

Reaction Score
I found these results by googling : UCONN WOMEN's Basketball vs Italian All Stars
There was a brief article from the Stamford Newspaper with a small story line.
Q. Samuels led the team in scoring. Google for more info.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
FINAL/3Q: UConn 79, Italian All-Stars 21

Did they stop the game after the 3rd quarter??? :eek:

sun

Reaction Score
I found these results by googling : UCONN WOMEN's Basketball vs Italian All Stars
There was a brief article from the Stamford Newspaper with a small story line.
Q. Samuels led the team in scoring. Google for more info.
Thank you.

Reaction Score
Down almost 60 after 3 probably not much reason to keep going. These are just scrimmages after all.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Me either Gus. My hairline started receding decades ago. It stopped when it could not go any further. I hate guys our age with a full head of hair....bastards. :mad:
I guess I'm one of those bastards, last Veteran's day my wife made me get a haircut. She said the shoulder length hair is not my style. Went to Great Clips and got my free haircut, cut it close to a military regulation haircut.

When I got back home she was pissed that I went that far. I guess you win some and lose some. This year I got another haircut in May instead of going a whole year without one, she was kind of happy I did.;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The gym may not be air conditioned. Maybe the refs called the game after 30 mins.?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So hard to take a LOT away from 3 blowouts against overmatched teams. BUT ... it's pretty clear the following about the newbies (excluding Ice as I've seen very little about her)...
  • The 3 true freshmen are developing great chemistry with each other and the rest of the team
  • All of them are seeing the ball go thru the basket - a good thing for shooters and scorers
  • They play HARD on both sides of the ball as evidenced by rebounding and steals
  • They don't seem at all intimidated by deferring to the other more experienced players on the team - not afraid to shoot etc.
  • The future looks very bright for sure
  • KK looks to be a legit stud, and Ashlynn and Qadence seem to be really good as well!
Continue to be super excited about this team. The best thing IMHO - Caroline starting the game. I hold my breath every time anything comes near her head. Bottom line a great experience for the entire team and am full of anticipation for this coming season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom