Italian point guard visiting | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Italian point guard visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting development: he just unfollowed DK.

Was his instagram any good? If he didn't have at least one awesome Boomerang I'd unfollow him, too.

Reaction Score
Interesting development: he just unfollowed DK.

Baffling. In theory, this is one recruit where we really should have a an edge. 4 schools, none of which are more competitive than us, we have a coach who played in the NBA for 13 years... at the same position as this kid. Close to NYC, which is every Italian kid's dream. Coming from overseas, you'd think all of this stuff is too much to pass up on and that he's more distanced from the negative UConn stuff.

Reaction Score
Baffling. In theory, this is one recruit where we really should have a an edge. 4 schools, none of which are more competitive than us, we have a coach who played in the NBA for 13 years... at the same position as this kid. Close to NYC, which is every Italian kid's dream. Coming from overseas, you'd think all of this stuff is too much to pass up on and that he's more distanced from the negative UConn stuff.

The fact that anyone thinks it matters whether he is following DK on instagram or not is baffling. I'm sure DK's Instagram is boring .

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It is possible that they brought him for one of those "pizza" abominations at Geno's Grille and totally queered the deal.

Personally, I'd nut punch someone for even considering ranch dressing for a pizza topping, much less featuring it on a signature pie at your restaurant.

Reaction Score
Relax. It means absolutely nothing. Only reason I brought it up was because I had previously said they followed each other.

I do want to point out his travel schedule is absolutely nuts. Italy to Indiana (probably via JFK maybe O'Hare) to Hartford to Utah to Texas. Crazy. Anyone with any competency would have booked us first or last. Makes no sense coming back east after being in Indiana.

Reaction Score
I'm usually a huge social media tea-leaf reader but this is the biggest non story of all time

Reaction Score
The fact that anyone thinks it matters whether he is following DK on instagram or not is baffling. I'm sure DK's Instagram is boring .

Relax. It means absolutely nothing. Only reason I brought it up was because I had previously said they followed each other.

I do want to point out his travel schedule is absolutely nuts. Italy to Indiana (probably via JFK maybe O'Hare) to Hartford to Utah to Texas. Crazy. Anyone with any competency would have booked us first or last. Makes no sense coming back east after being in Indiana.

I meant that I am personally confused by all of the social media following and unfollowing, and on a different note proceeded to talk about why UConn should be appealing to him on the surface of things. Not saying it matters.

Reaction Score
Internal turmoil. Others have said it, but at this point the only way to change the narrative and fix our current recruiting woes is win. OOC schedule is primed to make a statement. 10 guys or not, we need to come out of the gates strong and ready for battle.

It was a pun. Just joking.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read a whole lot into any internet activity around this recruit during his trip. I'd assume data costs and roaming charges on his phone would be stupid high - at least that's my understanding of international cell phone use...

Reaction Score
It is possible that they brought him for one of those "pizza" abominations at Geno's Grille and totally queered the deal.

Personally, I'd nut punch someone for even considering ranch dressing for a pizza topping, much less featuring it on a signature pie at your restaurant.
I'm heating up some SpaghettiOs right now if that helps.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read a whole lot into any internet activity around this recruit during his trip. I'd assume data costs and roaming charges on his phone would be stupid high - at least that's my understanding of international cell phone use...
Just back from month-long trip to Italy, data charges are very expensive and easy to incur, good point, hopefully that's the reason for dropping DK.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

Shrewd use of free wifi while abroad is Vital.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Hah, the Twitter "follower" tea leaves game.

ITT old heads who still don't get social media.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Internal turmoil. Others have said it, but at this point the only way to change the narrative and fix our current recruiting woes is win. OOC schedule is primed to make a statement. 10 guys or not, we need to come out of the gates strong and ready for battle.
Please explain your on hand involvement with the team and provide us with undeniable facts of the Internal Turmoil you threw out there.
If not, why make this statement with such surety?
Others have said it?

Reaction Score
Please explain your on hand involvement with the team and provide us with undeniable facts of the Internal Turmoil you threw out there.
If not, why make this statement with such surety?
Others have said it?
There's no denying internal turmoil when 2 players primed to start, transfer and a 3rd who would've played big minutes does as well. As for more specific information I've heard from those within the program, I'm not posting that here.

And "others have said it" was referring to my statement that winning will help alleviate many of the problems with our program right now.

Edit: not to mention the MAL decommit. Tough spring for us

Reaction Score
Still depressing being a UConn Fan, although I hope we bring this one home. 6th borough, Carbones, former Int'l great players, Geno.

If he picks anyother school its baffling. Indiana? Texas? Christ we have Cannoli and Bruttiboni. All they have is cheese or bull's balls.

ps if news of our conference affiliation has spread to Europe its time to pack up the tent.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
There's no denying internal turmoil when 2 players primed to start, transfer and a 3rd who would've played big minutes does as well. As for more specific information I've heard from those within the program, I'm not posting that here.

And "others have said it" was referring to my statement that winning will help alleviate many of the problems with our program right now.

Edit: not to mention the MAL decommit. Tough spring for us

Not saying you are wrong. Th s turmoil you mention is all past tense. That, in and of itself, is not internal turmoil.
The turmoil you allude to sounds as if it may be current and would have to come from the three injured guys or Halen or . Vital. I think you are saying there are continuing team unity problems. I will take it with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom