Italian point guard visiting | The Boneyard

Italian point guard visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For I second I kind of hoped that it was going to be Nikko Patoni, but this guy seems okay as well.

Morretti is visting 4 schools: Indiana, UConn, Texas Tech and Utah in that order. I think that he'll have a better sense of how big the US is after this tour.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like a good fit. Like his length. Long arms. Needs to get stronger. Hope we can land him.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Something is wrong here. He was reported to have made 61 out of 162 3's (38%), but shot 100% on the video. Is this fake news? Nice pure shooter. Listed at 6'3", but also listed at 1.88 meters = 6'1". Slender, may have trouble with stronger defenders. Nice floater and pretty good vision/passer. Listed as both an SG and a PG. Looks like he could be a contributor if he has the physical tools to play at this level.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Something is wrong here. He was reported to have made 61 out of 162 3's (38%), but shot 100% on the video. Is this fake news? Nice pure shooter. Listed at 6'3", but also listed at 1.88 meters = 6'1". Slender, may have trouble with stronger defenders. Nice floater and pretty good vision/passer. Listed as both an SG and a PG. Looks like he could be a contributor if he has the physical tools to play at this level.
He's only 6'1? He must be playing vs 5th graders in those videos

Reaction Score
I've got to yank you guys out of Deepster mode

We have one of the most famous coaches in the world on campus & he speaks Italian and get his mother's recipes. Why wouldn't you Geno him up ...

Having been to Bloomington for extended periods of the summer (not Lubbock or SLC) ... I'd imagine this is purely about what he's heard from advisors & then sales by on site staff. But ...

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Careful, this is Mau's area of expertise. ;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

We have one of the most famous coaches in the world on campus & he speaks Italian and get his mother's recipes. Why wouldn't you Geno him up ...

Having been to Bloomington for extended periods of the summer (not Lubbock or SLC) ... I'd imagine this is purely about what he's heard from advisors & then sales by on site staff. But ...

If they don't bring Geno in to talk to this kid, I'll pack up Ollie's office for him.

That would seem to be a winning move.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score

I was thinking the same thing. We have the #1 Italian in Connecticut on campus. If there was ever a time to use Geno , Frank Pepe's pizza and our pizza thread , it's now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Screw it, while we're freelancing, get Calhoun on him. I don't care at this point. Whatever works.

Would love to get a Euro pipeline flowing though. Be one of THE schools for Euros. Could be really good for the program.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Looks more like a 2 but pretty looking shot. Sign him up.
In both vids, he never played the point as far as I can see. Only brought the ball up court on one man fast breaks. Mostly stood outside the 3 point line for catch and shoot opportunities. When he received a pass outside, he almost always put it right up.
If a man was flying out at him, he would take one bounce in as he ducked under the defender, and then shoot it. If he bounced it a 2nd time, he was going to the hole, and he never kicked it out once he'd committed to driving.

In the 1st video, at about the 3:45 mark, he steals the ball under the basket and starts down court. 4 defenders are farther along than him when he starts, and he ends up with an uncontested layup with the closest defender chasing him from 10 feet back. He's either the fastest man in Europe, or that team in the dark red unis is the slowest collection of bball players ever assembled.

We've had mostly good results with foreign players. Get him!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Looks like he's watched a lot of Bazz tapes with the way he does that Eurostep in the lane.

Reaction Score
I like that Ollie and co are going after different recruiting angles here. This euro, the Canadian kids.. obviously trying to learn from some past mistakes. Let's hope it pays off once or twice.

Long but skinny shooting guard. Definitely more 6'3 than 6'1... Do euros add the "in shoes to their heights? Icon is pretty bad about that--i remember Omar Calhoun being at 6'6 here. Kid was 6'2 or 3 at best.

This kid played better than most of the American 5* players in fiba last year.

Can't pass down a shooter with length.

I also love the fundamentals and attitude euro players always seem to have.

Reel him in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99