It Is Time.... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It Is Time....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hate to admit it but @August_West's idea of hanging Benedict is by far the best idea in this thread.
I didn’t say hang Benedict. I said hang a Twitter dolt who sucks up to Benedict
I said it. But as others have pointed out, it could easily be misconstrued. He'd have to be in on it for the mojo to work.

Reaction Score
Deep is right. The hangings have gotten old.
Maybe one last run for this ol' cowboy.

1646752944314.png

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Deep is right. The hangings have gotten old.
They've gotten less creative. They've gotten less personal. They reflect a lack of people relating to each other in fun and quirky ways.

The people advocating for this tradition continuing are the ones holding on to the last bastion of what makes this place tolerable with all the other pissing matches and bad takes.

Go ahead and lean on killing this Tom, and watch the last of people looking for community leave message boards behind for good.

The reason Twitter is taking over is because they have a sense of community that's starting to die here. Don't deal it the death blow.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
They've gotten less creative. They've gotten less personal. They reflect a lack of people relating to each other in fun and quirky ways.

The people advocating for this tradition continuing are the ones holding on to the last bastion of what makes this place tolerable with all the other pissing matches and bad takes.

Go ahead and lean on killing this Tom, and watch the last of people looking for community leave message boards behind for good.

The reason Twitter is taking over is because they have a sense of community that's starting to die here. Don't deal it the death blow.

F Twitter. The Boneyard isn't going anywhere.

4F4641C1-D459-4621-BB1E-94CD0BE4A395.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Best UConn Mojo of all time carried us to a 2014 title. I say we leave it to rest its too soon
Another way to look at it is as a bookend to the nightmare that was the AAC. And it continues the two theme.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
twitter is lame. doesn’t move the needle at all to hang one of them, they would probably love the attention.

unfortunately it seems we peaked with señor, all subsequent attempts have just been chasing his greatness.
See now, @Deepster should have tipped his cap and rode off into the sunset along with Senor that year. He would’ve become legend, like Makers Muppet. Instead, he’s gone full Roberto Duran in left with a meek “no Mas.” It’s sad.

(And for the record wasn’t Senor originally @prankster ’s idea anyway?)

Reaction Score

I think that's fair. The heyday of the hangings and the sense of community came at a time when we did a lot of stuff together as a group.

Football tailgates at Memorial Stadium (pre-Rent)
A Sox game with maybe 25-30 yarders sitting together
An annual golf tournament. I want to say we did this 6-7 times.
Meet ups at the Big East tourney.

We knew each other's kids. Emailed each other personally off the site. Genuine sense of friendship and camaraderie.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
As long as the graphics are limited to senhor.
What was the reply, when you made this similar comment that season?

"OK, so no animal nuts! Got it."

Or something to that effect. (?)

But, Senior Testiculo had had a board presence after each game that season. The tourney was the culmination/natural extension of the Senhor phenomenon from that entire season. (if the term "natural extension" is a permitted use in close conjunction with Senhor)

I sincerely doubt he can simply rotate to the top of the topic lines, this year, while trailing enough MOJO to get us where we need to be.

And, neither will doing nothing get us to where we need to be, either!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
BTW....

WTF is it with Deepster?

Our first hanging was 23 years ago.

Imagine a "key employee", with a career (no matter how spotty) spanning 23 years, announcing his retirement by suddenly saying, "I won't be in, today. Or any future day, for that matter."

Who does that?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think that's fair. The heyday of the hangings and the sense of community came at a time when we did a lot of stuff together as a group.

Football tailgates at Memorial Stadium (pre-Rent)
A Sox game with maybe 25-30 yarders sitting together
An annual golf tournament. I want to say we did this 6-7 times.
Meet ups at the Big East tourney.

We knew each other's kids. Emailed each other personally off the site. Genuine sense of friendship and camaraderie.
See you at Skinners rooftop soirée. Wear your Tampa orange. And for the record all of those Twitter yahoos will be there together. And that’s my point.

organized a bus trip.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
i think we need to let señor lie. he did his work.

rehashing it will only cheapen his legacy.
While I will readily admit I have no authority (and deserve none) when it comes to this I believe that you are correct here. Senhor did his job, trying to tap into it again shows both a lack of vision and a lack of reverence for what he did for us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom