It Is Time.... | The Boneyard

It Is Time....

Reaction Score
Nah. I'm done.

The old guard who used to make this great is no longer around. Dogfather, Gars44, RabidHusky, SuzyQ, AussieCuz, etc, etc. I've thought about this for a while now and I don't want to be Sinatra on stage, forgetting the lyrics to songs and way past his prime. We had a good run, but I'm retired from the bench.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nah. I'm done.

The old guard who used to make this great is no longer around. Dogfather, Gars44, RabidHusky, SuzyQ, AussieCuz, etc, etc. I've thought about this for a while now and I don't want to be Sinatra on stage, forgetting the lyrics to songs and way past his prime. We had a good run, but I'm retired from the bench.
frank sinatra oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Nah. I'm done.

There are reasons that these positions are lifetime appointments.

So, I agree with the previous poster. Stick your own head in the noose and deliver up a proper pathway forward.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Nah. I'm done.

I don't know Deep, I heard Tony Bennett who has Alzheimers singing with Lady Gaga - that could be you!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nah. I'm done.

Weak.

I’m still out there forgetting lyrics every weekend. Suck it up.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

is that the kid from the flying saucer show? if so, mebbe it's a cosmic message foretelling our need for a new hangman, cuz if we don't find one, then this place could be lost in space. not pretty.

Reaction Score
This is the obvious and appropriate off ramp.

Which, well, the obvious and honorable hasn't really ever been part of the tradition.
I mean, you could thank me for the 4 titles and decades of service, I guess. Or maybe you're more focused on some weirdo that drinks hot sauce on Twitter and hasn't gotten us anywhere near a natty yet.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I mean, you could thank me for the 4 titles and decades of service, I guess. Or maybe you're more focused on some weirdo that drinks hot sauce on Twitter and hasn't gotten us anywhere near a natty yet.
I am reminded of the old joke about the plastic surgeon.

He hung himself!

(rimshot)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You're making my point for me, A-Dub. I'm trying to get out in front of being you.
I dunno Deep. I think the ingredients are here this year.

We've got Skinner making an appearance with Charli and Dixie's dad, which gives you the chance of landing viral mojo on TikTok that will make your daughter proud. Then maybe you can ride off into the sunset with No. 5.

We've got a maniacal coach who wears socks that profess his love for pooping.

We've got more doubting Thomases than an Easter Sunday mass.

We've got @August_West willing to give back another 10-15 pounds of weight loss in service of weird dietary excesses that he is somehow convinced will conjure mojo.

And we've got @Dove saying things that make you want to tell him to shut up.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I should be safe this year - I have gotten much better at internetting. Looking forward to seeing who gets it this time around.

Reaction Score
I dunno Deep. I think the ingredients are here this year.

We've got Skinner making an appearance with Charli and Dixie's dad, which gives you the chance of landing viral mojo on TikTok that will make your daughter proud. Then maybe you can ride off into the sunset with No. 5.

We've got a maniacal coach who wears socks that profess his love for pooping.

We've got more doubting Thomases than an Easter Sunday mass.

We've got @August_West willing to give back another 10-15 pounds of weight loss in service of weird dietary excesses that he is somehow convinced will conjure mojo.

And we've got @Dove saying things that make you want to tell him to shut up.
All good points. Especially the potential of reaching 25 million people on a social media app I don't really understand.

And yes. Shut up, Dove.

Reaction Score
Nah. I'm done.

Retire? One doesn't quit from taking a Yankee conference program to four national championships! One dies with their boots on! You don't get to say it's over.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I bought 4 tickets to late-career BB King. Cost me over $500. It was pathetic. He didn't finish a single song. Noodled a bit, told a bunch of shaggy-dog stories. Unlike Deep, he didn't know when to get out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom